Android HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
(2016-09-16, 21:43)hdmkv Wrote: @boblo, I've done some tests with Imprex and disabling (or minimizing) techniques 1, 2 and 3 posted by users/futeko so far for getting as pure PQ out as possible...
  • With Imprex at 'Standard' with contrast and other options at medium or even low, I did notice some dulled or clipped blacks and whites with AVS HD 709 test patterns. After some back-and-forths with video clips/samples, I'm finding the settings below more pleasing. It isn't easily noticeable as Imprex's effects in Q5/Q10 Pro are more subtle that previous gen, but paying close attention to black areas of videos, blacks seems more/deep black, and with whites, not blown out, and sharpness not tad edgy looking
  • With applying all 3 of the user/forum suggested settings (linked above), I can get proper black and white levels. PQ looks great (a little better, more natural) with samples and movie scenes
  • The picture settings that worked best for me using AVS HD 709 test patterns were brightness at 53 and contrast at 43 (so, little different from @BigPines'). This will likely be a little different for everyone in their own home viewing environment, and also depend on which display (and at what settings)
(Click above to view larger)

For above, in testing with my Epson 5025UB PJ w/a Da-lite HP 2.4 gain screen, in a light-controlled room, I used the THX @ 6500K preset PQ option.
So that with the settings suggested by Futeko, is now the image a near natural image? Excuse me, but I didn't understand your tests. I'm not an A/V expert.

The real problem is that not all users have the necessary skills to find out the proper settings (like you) to really disable the Imprex Engine. **HiMedia MUST implement an effective "Imprex ON/OFF" switch that can 100% disable the Engine without added difificulties**, that is, without modifying any other setting. IMHO, the current implementation of this switch is not reliable nor intuitive. For example, when I turn off image enhancement on my Panasonic Blu-ray recorder, the image is shown AS IS. I don't need to change anything else.

A Big Thank you for your efforts Smile

Messages In This Thread
HD Audio Problems with Q10 Pro - by BigPines - 2016-04-18, 18:34
RE: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio) - by boblo - 2016-09-16, 23:36
[Key map] Remote Control PATCH - by looun - 2016-09-20, 00:38
Egreat A10: real or fake? - by boblo - 2016-09-30, 03:34
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)8