• 75(current)
Android HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
(2016-10-06, 09:29)aelfwine Wrote: What is 3D ISO exactly anyway?

3D ISO is what only a very few people watch, I watch everything except 3D ISO on my HiMedia Q10 Pro and it works perfectly! Nod
Kodi Mediaplayer; Sony KD-55A89 4K Android TV

3D ISO is a disk image of a 3D Blu-ray. Because of the way 3D Blu-ray works you can't rip 3D Blu-rays to a Blu-Ray folder structure and guarantee 3D replay, instead you need to rip them as an ISO disk image. This is why ISO is a big thing for 3D. (The other alternative is to rip the BD to a 3D MVC MKV - using third party software)

(A folder rip copies the files, an ISO rip copies the filing system. Because 3D Blu-rays do very clever things with the UDF file-system to allow for 2D compatibility without duplicating content, you need to retain the 'UDF-ness' - which is why a folder rip doesn't usually work)
@wrxtasy: So you are saying the 23,976hz works perfectly for all 720p/1080p/4k stuff without stuttering only 3D stuff can still stutter? That would be great news if true Smile

But what is needed for that to work? Only the newest firmware or is there still the need of that switcher stuff addon program app? ^^
Tom has already answered your question. Only 3D ISO's are going to give you issues. hdmkv has already stated this as well.
(2016-10-06, 11:23)HereIsTom Wrote:

3D ISO is what only a very few people watch, I watch everything except 3D ISO on my HiMedia Q10 Pro and it works perfectly! Nod

@D3rdevil
If you are not watching 3D (which is the primary purpose of this actual thread), the nVIDIA Shield is a far more flexible Android device that has proper DRM for 1080p/4K Video streaming services.

Well I wouldnt be interested in streaming thats what the TV can easily do. I am only interested in a x265 4k HDR 10bit mediaplayer. Preferably with Dolby Vision though Smile

And 23,976hz stutter free playback is the MOST important aspect!
(2016-10-06, 20:39)D3rdevil Wrote: Well I wouldnt be interested in streaming thats what the TV can easily do. I am only interested in a x265 4k HDR 10bit mediaplayer. Preferably with Dolby Vision though Smile

And 23,976hz stutter free playback is the MOST important aspect!

The Q10 Pro can play x265 4k HDR 10bit perfect and also 23,976hz stutter free! Nod
Kodi Mediaplayer; Sony KD-55A89 4K Android TV
(2016-08-06, 15:16)Skank Wrote:
(2016-07-20, 14:21)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-07-20, 03:08)wesk05 Wrote: * that is unlikely Tongue I know that there will be a (or two) stutter(s) because when I converted from R3D to AVI, by mistake I had used a 24fps timeline. The original video is actually 23.976fps.
Okay, I should have said fairly smooth Tongue ... there's a minor stutter at around the 21 and at the 31 second marks. Also, not sure if it's due to framerate switching enabled for 23.976 and 24.000 by HiMedia w/firmware v1.0.5, it takes a while longer for each of these clips to initiate playing.

A new f/w is expected tomorrow. Unsure if it's just for beta testers. It appears w/1.0.5, the issue is with the native player, which is rendering 23.976 at 24.000, and sending that out. The h/w itself can output properly at 23.976Hz, but isn't getting that from the native player app.

Still microstutters with latest firmware? Is it true hardware is capable of correct passthrough but the app is not?

(2016-10-06, 11:23)HereIsTom Wrote:

A very few people? Lots you mean... Its the main reason poeple buy this kind of box
(2016-10-06, 11:28)noggin Wrote:

3D ISO is a disk image of a 3D Blu-ray. Because of the way 3D Blu-ray works you can't rip 3D Blu-rays to a Blu-Ray folder structure and guarantee 3D replay, instead you need to rip them as an ISO disk image. This is why ISO is a big thing for 3D. (The other alternative is to rip the BD to a 3D MVC MKV - using third party software)

(A folder rip copies the files, an ISO rip copies the filing system. Because 3D Blu-rays do very clever things with the UDF file-system to allow for 2D compatibility without duplicating content, you need to retain the 'UDF-ness' - which is why a folder rip doesn't usually work)

Thanks, that was helpful. Smile
@wrxtasy

Quote:External video player software used with HiMedia Q5/Q10 devices, consequently there are some Kodi features missing.

shuold be modify, there is a ADDON Hi-Frequency-Switcher so can be use kodi internal player with auto swtich FPS/Hz the only limitation are:
- No HD Audio passtrought, need Android 6/7
- Not work with 2D iso, need new kodi 17 API
- Full 3d ISO(MVC), not support by kodi.
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
@looun,

I get asked to add all sorts of detail to the START HERE thread all the time. Its turning into a monster with far far too much detail and depth in it than was planned.
What I plan to do is push that extra detail out to Post#1 of each individual Hardware thread where it actually belongs.

@hdmkv, should put what you have written in Post #1 of this very thread and I will Hyperlink the "Kodi features missing" to it.

The one question I have is why is this Hi-Freq switcher even needed in the first place, is there a problem with the HiMedia Firmware ?
On AMLogic for example its all automatic, switching to all the Resolution modes.

If the reason for it is not already been given somewhere, then that needs to be put in Post#1 as well pls.

(2016-10-08, 09:58)wrxtasy Wrote: The one question I have is why is this Hi-Freq switcher even needed in the first place, is there a problem with the HiMedia Firmware ?
because of limitation is good for TV series, less for film with HD audio.
no , now work very well and there is a github repository .

(2016-10-08, 09:58)wrxtasy Wrote: On AMLogic for example its all automatic, switching to all the Resolution modes.
yes, but need custom version of kodi, If I'm not wrong. At the moment vanilla kodi not support auto-switch with any device. SPMC is like cutom/fork of kodi.
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
(2016-10-08, 12:39)looun Wrote:
(2016-10-08, 09:58)wrxtasy Wrote: The one question I have is why is this Hi-Freq switcher even needed in the first place, is there a problem with the HiMedia Firmware ?
because of limitation is good for TV series, less for film with HD audio.
no , now work very well and there is a github repository .

So does the external HiMedia video player Refresh switch or are there more Workarounds needed for that too ?

looun Wrote:
(2016-10-08, 09:58)wrxtasy Wrote: On AMLogic for example its all automatic, switching to all the Resolution modes.
yes, but need custom version of kodi, If I'm not wrong. At the moment vanilla kodi not support auto-switch with any device. SPMC is like cutom/fork of kodi.
No, the regular Kodi Jarvis Android App refresh switches on well supported AMLogic devices, provided you patch and configure the Firmware correctly. These cheap "Ship and Forget" Android AMLogic boxes often run into problems with black screens when refresh switching because of Firmware issues.

(2016-10-08, 09:58)wrxtasy Wrote: So does the external HiMedia video player Refresh switch or are there more Workarounds needed for that too ?

Himedia 2° generation Q10/Q5M/M3 3k4D:
himedia video player need pcristi Pacht for full auto-swtich 23.976/24/50/60/59.94 Hz, standard firmware switch only with only 24/23,976hz.

at the moment are still best android player for picture quality IMHO, but Very low support for media codec.

Himedia 3° generation Q10/Q5 Pro:

- standard firmware with 24p mode turned on switch 50/60 Hz > 23.976/24/25/30/29.97 Hz.
- pcristi Pacht add 50/60 Hz > 60/50/59.94Hz (and vice versa)
Full support will coming with next firmware.

Very good support of media codec and video engine work also with dvdplayer.

ADDON Hi-Frequency-Switcher work with both generation.

There is also a OMX Refresh switch patch for all APP use omx layer, but not work well. OMX layer not report very well FPS information with current firmware.

(2016-10-08, 09:58)wrxtasy Wrote:
looun Wrote:
No, the regular Kodi Jarvis Android App refresh switches on well supported AMLogic devices, provided you patch and configure the Firmware correctly. These cheap "Ship and Forget" Android AMLogic boxes often run into problems with black screens when refresh switching because of Firmware issues.
ok thanks, mine misunderstanding.

regular Kodi refresh switches supported AMLogic devices with AMcodec?
Kodi 17?
amcodec has been pulled out of Kodi Krypton 17, and everything goes through the standard Android API mediacodec.
And yes it does refresh switch to all modes with the correct Firmware underneath.

amcodec is still in there for LibreELEC Kodi Krypton.

I added a link to above in post #1. See 'Framerate Switching with Kodi and Native Player', just before A/V Tests section. No point in me re-explaining what @looun has done well here Smile.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)8