• 82(current)
Android HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
VU+ Client is no internetstream its enigma2 local
and channel one works without any problem !!!

example

Channel 1 -> play OK
zap to
Channel 2 -> wrapper close -> any other Channel also wrapper close
zap to
Channel 1 -> Play ok

if i switch channel 1 ARD and Channel 2 ZDF on my Receiver

it plays the the other channel without any problem
there is a zapping problem or wait/delay for wrapper is to short or something in this direction...

is there any debug output possible
to see the difference between stream channel one and channel two
?
i don't know VU+ Client, some user use dvdplayer for PVR into playercorefactory.xml
<rule filename="pvr.*.pvr" player="DVDPlayer"/>

himedia player APP and kodi internal player have the same picture quality/smooth playback , so can be use both for playback (with some limitation).

with dvdplayer work?

there is only a tools about Info system.
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
no the internal dvd player is async / not lipsync and the picture is jerky
needs some zap for and backward to get a propper picture

I wonder only why channel 1 (the first in the remotelist) is working
its fast and stutter-free subtitle and audiochannel switching works also with wrapper
but only on first channel

there is no reason why it should not go
strange which codec use VU+ Client?
do you have try addon for frequency switch?
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
codec ?
its raw m2ts stream

channel 1 ard hd 720p (work)
channel 2 zdf hd 720p (not work) (work if i set it as channel 1)
both same encoding

i can stream ANY channel if it on first place so there is no codec issue ...

software pure 1.08 no addons and no new software installed
Hi all,
i try to find some information about it but i do not find anything useful.
So i pose the question:
I'd like to use the Himedia Q10 PRO as a client torrent 24h alive and controlling the Q10 Pro through a pc.
Is there a way to do something ? Which software do you suggest to me..
Thank you for the time you dedicate in answering to me.
(2016-10-18, 18:54)hdmkv Wrote: For sake of transparency, but keeping source's ID private...

I've learned that f/w v1.0.8 (coming this week) will NOT include fix for the 3D microstutters issue. Appears chipset (SoC) manufacturer HiSilicon will need to get involved, possibly release a new SDK for this.

So, new SDK for Android N intro and possibly new SDK for 3D microstutters fix = potential introduction of new issues, even if 3D issue is fixed. Basically, we may be in for a long wait. Y'all feel I should bump rating down to a B+?

@hdmkv
is my suggestion pr do you notice also microstutter playing a 24 fps normal 2D film..?
Thank you for your reply..
Projector: JVC-X7000 MediaPlayer: PopCornHour A410, HIMEDIA Q10 PRO
No microstutters w/2D.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-11-04, 00:57)jvc_x7000 Wrote: I'd like to use the Himedia Q10 PRO as a client torrent 24h alive and controlling the Q10 Pro through a pc.

buy a NAS for torrent is more flexible, you can found it at 50-80€/$ used.

than
there a strange issues with dvdplayer when playback MPG2 video:

if playback VOB or MKV file hardware decoding work dc:amc-mgeg2(S) .
If playback DVD ISO hardware decoding NOT work and switch to soft-decoding dc:ff-mpeg2video with lower picture quality.

It's a kodi bug ?

Run the PC/Mac program Mediainfo over them and see if the mpeg2 or .vob files contain Interlaced video content first.

See that PC:1 in the second ff-mpeg2 Picture.
I bet that content is Interlaced, and whatever Kodi you are using is defaulting to ff-mpeg Software decoding and Software deinterlacing.
PC:1 means you are only getting Half Motion playback when deinterlacing and lower quality video.

Play around with the Deinterlacing options when ff-mpeg2 shows and select YADIFx2 (SPMC) or Deinterlace (Kodi v17) for full motion video playback (PC:2) with High Quality deinterlacing.

The Q10 should be able to handle this for DVD's with its Quad Core CPU's doing the work.
The AMLogic S905's certainly can, as well as the RPi3, with some magical trickery Wink

playback same video from VOB file hardware decoding work dc:amc-mgeg2(S), also if is Interlaced

i never use SPMC Surface rendering "(S)" not work with h.264 on himedia box only hardware decoding, so video engine not work .

PS new box for test... only week than I must go back
(2016-11-04, 13:20)wrxtasy Wrote: The AMLogic S905's certainly can, as well as the RPi3, with some magical trickery Wink

wetek play 2 have worst result Undecided

with weplayer
VOB file and ISO use soft-decoding dc:ff-mpeg2video.
Only with MPEG2_1080i_sample.mkv hardware decoding work

with kodi 17
- VOB file hardware decoding work dc:amc-mgeg2(S).
- ISO not playback

for test i used THX WOW! and vob file

ISO

file VOB

File VOB

X9s SDMC same himedia
if playback VOB or MKV file hardware decoding work dc:amc-mgeg2(S) .
If playback DVD ISO hardware decoding NOT work and switch to soft-decoding dc:ff-mpeg2video

it's a KODI BUG!
Hi all,

are there big differences in terms of PQ between the use of internal Kodi video player (DVDPlayer) and the external Himedia player on HiMedia Q5 Pro?
(2016-11-05, 14:22)looun Wrote:
(2016-11-04, 13:20)wrxtasy Wrote: The AMLogic S905's certainly can, as well as the RPi3, with some magical trickery Wink
wetek play 2 have worst result Undecided
Works fine with Software - YADIFx2 deinterlacing (default) with LibreELEC 7.1 on the Play2.
But then I did patchup the vob / DVD Software deinterlacing problems myself with that release Wink

You have to experiment with the different methods of deinterlacing, found in the OSD > Video settings during DVD ISO or .vob playback too in Android.

You won't get Hardware decoding of any Interlaced mpeg2 content found in DVD's on AMLogic. Its a well known AML issue. That is why Software decoding and Software deinterlacing is used for that combo.

In reality it does not matter if you can get Full motion, High quality, YADIFx2 Software deinterlacing out of any device for DVD's playback. I have a very hard time distinguishing YADIFx2 from actual Hardware deinterlacing. The video quality is that good for casual use.

(2016-11-05, 18:48)rantei Wrote: Hi all,

are there big differences in terms of PQ between the use of internal Kodi video player (DVDPlayer) and the external Himedia player on HiMedia Q5 Pro?

equal if hardware decoding and Surface rendering work..... dc:amc-mgeg2(S),dc:amc-mgeg2(S), dc:amc-h264(S), dc:amc-h265(S).

except SPMC: Surface rendering "(S)" not work with h.264 on himedia box only hardware decoding, so video engine not work .

(2016-11-05, 19:28)wrxtasy Wrote: In reality it does not matter if you can get Full motion, High quality, YADIFx2 Software deinterlacing out of any device for DVD's playback. I have a very hard time distinguishing YADIFx2 from actual Hardware deinterlacing. The video quality is that good for casual use.

not with Q10 there is big different between hardware and software decoding
  • 82(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)8