Android HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
Hello!

I couldn't find any YADIFX2 deinterlace options in the "Filmreel" menu (Menu button while Playback), only a couple of others (Jarvis 16.1), but here are my experiences so far:

All this was playing back a 25fps interlaced .mkv video, with auto frequency switcher patch enabled in KODI and playback at 50Hz:

1. Deniterlace: On / Method: Software - Blend: The edges were smoother, much less comb effect. But the motion was stuttery, specially while longer camera panning (guess the CPU must be sweating). Overall PQ was quite acceptable.

2. Deinterlace: Off: Comb and rough edges were present, a bit more stronger than with HiPlayer. Motion was smoother than with the "Blend" option. Worst PQ than with HiPlayer.

3. Deinterlace: ON / Method: All the other: Black bar edge flickering was constantly present, so I skipped any further investigation.

HiMedia Player:

Playback was with 25Hz, comby and rough edges present (sign of no Deinetrlace?!), still slightly less perceptible than with KODI deinterlace Off, and the overall PQ (colors, sharpness) was much better. Motion was OK.

MX Player:

Tried both the .mkv and a DVD VOB video file as well. No auto switch to 50HZ, playback was with 25Hz. HW decoding and Deinetrlace Off. (Seemingly) slightly less comby and rough edges than was with HiPlayer, overall PQ (color, sharpness) was very similar to HiPlayer. (The best so far).

There's a 2 deinterlace method option in MX Player, but only supported when SW decoding is enabled. Unfortunately I couldn't switch to SW decoding while playback, it juts showed the pop-up "SW Decoding not supported". So I had to stick to HW decoding and no deinterlace, I couldn't try it at all.Sad

Messages In This Thread
HD Audio Problems with Q10 Pro - by BigPines - 2016-04-18, 18:34
[Key map] Remote Control PATCH - by looun - 2016-09-20, 00:38
Egreat A10: real or fake? - by boblo - 2016-09-30, 03:34
RE: HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio) - by Mount81 - 2017-08-31, 09:02
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)8