• 98(current)
Android HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
(2017-08-08, 11:20)trykkertor Wrote:
(2017-08-02, 06:38)Phil181 Wrote: Yes, 2.0.4 is the best firmware so far IMHO. It works nicely with Kodi 17.3 (after disabling "joystick control" so the remoter works like it used to).

How do I disable joystick control?

go Add-ons / My add-ons / Peripheral libraries / Joystick Support / Disable
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
Hello,

Just got mine today (Q5 Pro).

I 've read that the best firmware is 2.0.4 and that i will have to update gradually.
Aside from that, are there any other things i will need to update manually? Himedia's wrapper or anything else?

Thanks in advance.
@vadergr: if you are using pcristi's custom firmware you really do not need anything else. Official 2.0.4 still has some issues, but he fixed them http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=812.0
Gadget enthusiast
Kodi player on an oDroid N2 4 GB with latest stable CoreElec
Sony Bravia KD-55XF9005
Is there any way of toggle off the black android menu bar at the bottom of the screen. It pops up every time you scroll with your remote mouse. I just updated my Q10 Pro to the latest firmware version where there isn´t even a button to hide it again temporarily. Pleas help!
@Lugie: there is a mod to remove it completely. You should be able to hide it by swiping up from the middle button. The mod exists for all firmwares. I am pasting the FAQ from Futeko (I modified the download link to point to a folder where you can find the mod for all official firmwares).

Remove bottom navigation bar in firmware 2.0.4?
- Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?kvlryqpyzcac3#7ef7isfl8yoav
- Rename disable_android_navigation_bar_(CFW)_HMD-2.0.4.zip to update.zip and copy to USB pen flash
- Back your sensitive data / kodi /etc...
- Apply update.zip from Setting/Upgrade/Local Upgrade
Gadget enthusiast
Kodi player on an oDroid N2 4 GB with latest stable CoreElec
Sony Bravia KD-55XF9005
Hello!

I have hard times on my Q10 Pro to get proper DVD playback with KODI 16.1. Here are my experiences so far:

As KODI doesn't support auto frequency switching on the Q10 Pro, I first installed this auto fps patch for KODI: link So I have correct fps switching for 25fps (50Hz) and 30 fps (60Hz) DVD's in KODI. I have tried to play a 25fps interlaced DVD iso witch has a 2.35 : 1 aspect ratio, so I get those black bars on the bottom and top of the screen. The TV switched automatic to 50Hz as I started the playback with KODI internal Player. But something is just doesn't right with those bars during playback: they have strange and constant flickering and vibrating, perceptible on the edge of the "original picture". It is very noticeable and unpleasant to the eyes. It was constant within the whole video. Sad

I have tried the same DVD iso with HiMedia Player (tho' it only plays back 25fps at 25Hz and 30fps at 30Hz) and the black bars were OK again. Just as in WMP and MPCHC on my Windows PC.

I have also noticed, that the picture quality was much better both with HiMedia Player and on PC as it was with KODI. In KOID the picture color was more "washed up" and lifeless.

Also it seamed that the fact of switching correctly from 25 to 50Hz doesn't make much impact with KODI regarding the picture quality neither... The edges were still ruff and I still detected the "comb effect" sometimes (on moving objects mostly), just as it had no correct deinterlacing. This all also compared to Windows Media players, which have correct deinterlacing. With HiMedia Player (playing on 25Hz) I get almost the same result in PQ regarding the "interlaced comb" effect as it was in KODI.

I have read some others complains regarding DVD playback in this Thread starting with Post: #1224. It just doesn't seam that the effect (defect) with the black bars would be normal?! Also maybe there are some other tweaks within KODI i may have to try to get better overall picture quality, and better deinterlacing?!

I would like to play back DVDs as natively and as good PQ as possible, therefore I was hoping that this auto fps patch would help in this, but I just rather seamed a bit strange and dangerous, since I don't know what or why would cause these anomalies. I assume that is because the poor (or badly working) software deinterlacing method in KODI. Confused

Regarding the info I have collected since, KODI doesn't support correct (hardware) deinterlacing for interlaced DVD playback on the Q10 Pro (and on many other Android Boxes neither) only some "lamer" software deinterlacing, and I may never get enough satisfying result regarding the PQ using KODI at all. Is there a "magic" setting somewhere I should try, or any other KODI forks to get this fixed?! Or I just have to forget it totally and switch to another Player (MX Player maybe)?!

Thanks you for the reply! (And for any possible fix or suggestion!)
Try SPMC 16.7.x and in its Video Acceleration Options select:

MPEG2 > HD and Up

Then when DVD's are playing pull up the On Screen Display > Video options

Select YADIFX2 as deinterlace method.

If happy with the high quality full motion YADIFX2 Software deinterlacing results you can

"Set as default for all videos" in Video Options.

Test versions of SPMC 17.x Krypton also have those same Hardware acceleration Options.
YADIFX2 in that test version has been renamed to Deinterlace.

https://github.com/koying/SPMC/issues/936

Kodi hardware decoding for interlaced video not work with ISO, with any hardware
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2450203

With kodi 17.4 is change something?
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
wrxtasy:

Thanks for the reply, will try SMPC. Can I just simply install it beside KODI 16.1, so they won't hitch upon or overwrite each other?!

I also hope that the KODI auto fps patch will work with SMPC as well, as without it I won't get correct DVD fps switching and therefore the PQ will be also degraded. ?!

Another chance is to try MX Player, as I read it supports DVD playback, but not sure if it has a correct deinterlacer and auto fps switcher working for DVDs. Huh

(It's so disappointing and inexplicable that DVD playback support is so neglected nowadays, that's not what one would except (and accept) from an expensive flagship media player (like Q10 Pro), or even from any kind of popular media players and playback software out there.)Sad
(2017-08-30, 07:20)Mount81 Wrote: wrxtasy:

Thanks for the reply, will try SMPC. Can I just simply install it beside KODI 16.1, so they won't hitch upon or overwrite each other?!

Kodi Jarvis/Krypton , SPMC 16.x & SPMC 17.x all use different App signatures (and data folders) so you can co-install them for testing.

High quality Hardware deinterlacing for DVD's / HD OTA TV is the exact reason why I, and others use reliable LibreELEC Kodi Krypton on AMLogic S905(x) devices.
Have a gander at this Post for some relevant reading.

EDIT: For info - Interlaced 25fps 576i DVD ISO's with Kodi 17.4 / SPMC 17.x uses high quality YADIFx2 full motion (50fps) Software deinterlacing, by default on the Android Nougat Mi Box.

Press the O key on the Keyboard and look for Deinterlace Method: yadif=1:-1:1
Your's CPU's should also be getting a real workout ! Wink

(2017-08-27, 09:15)tmihai20 Wrote: @Lugie: there is a mod to remove it completely. You should be able to hide it by swiping up from the middle button. The mod exists for all firmwares. I am pasting the FAQ from Futeko (I modified the download link to point to a folder where you can find the mod for all official firmwares).

- Rename disable_android_navigation_bar_(CFW)_HMD-2.0.4.zip to update.zip and copy to USB pen flash

Thanks! I will try that. Is everything going to be erased like apps, settings and so on?
Hello!

I couldn't find any YADIFX2 deinterlace options in the "Filmreel" menu (Menu button while Playback), only a couple of others (Jarvis 16.1), but here are my experiences so far:

All this was playing back a 25fps interlaced .mkv video, with auto frequency switcher patch enabled in KODI and playback at 50Hz:

1. Deniterlace: On / Method: Software - Blend: The edges were smoother, much less comb effect. But the motion was stuttery, specially while longer camera panning (guess the CPU must be sweating). Overall PQ was quite acceptable.

2. Deinterlace: Off: Comb and rough edges were present, a bit more stronger than with HiPlayer. Motion was smoother than with the "Blend" option. Worst PQ than with HiPlayer.

3. Deinterlace: ON / Method: All the other: Black bar edge flickering was constantly present, so I skipped any further investigation.

HiMedia Player:

Playback was with 25Hz, comby and rough edges present (sign of no Deinetrlace?!), still slightly less perceptible than with KODI deinterlace Off, and the overall PQ (colors, sharpness) was much better. Motion was OK.

MX Player:

Tried both the .mkv and a DVD VOB video file as well. No auto switch to 50HZ, playback was with 25Hz. HW decoding and Deinetrlace Off. (Seemingly) slightly less comby and rough edges than was with HiPlayer, overall PQ (color, sharpness) was very similar to HiPlayer. (The best so far).

There's a 2 deinterlace method option in MX Player, but only supported when SW decoding is enabled. Unfortunately I couldn't switch to SW decoding while playback, it juts showed the pop-up "SW Decoding not supported". So I had to stick to HW decoding and no deinterlace, I couldn't try it at all.Sad
(2017-08-31, 09:02)Mount81 Wrote: Hello!

I couldn't find any YADIFX2 deinterlace options in the "Filmreel" menu (Menu button while Playback), only a couple of others (Jarvis 16.1), but here are my experiences so far:
I thought it might be obvious but you have to use SPMC 16.7.x / SPMC 17.x or Kodi Krypton 17.4

(2017-09-02, 04:35)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-08-31, 09:02)Mount81 Wrote: Hello!

I thought it might be obvious but you have to use SPMC 16.7.x / SPMC 17.x or Kodi Krypton 17.4

Ok, maybe I have overlooked. But you've only mentioned SMPC for YADIFX2, not KODI 17.4. SMPC is a no-go, as the auto switch patch won't work, but KODI 17.4 may worth a try then. I had to try KODI 16.1 anyways, at least I can see that it's unusable on Q10 Pro for DVDs and any interlaced videos. Still diggin' for a solution...
(2017-08-27, 09:15)tmihai20 Wrote: @Lugie: there is a mod to remove it completely. You should be able to hide it by swiping up from the middle button. The mod exists for all firmwares. I am pasting the FAQ from Futeko (I modified the download link to point to a folder where you can find the mod for all official firmwares).

I tried the 2.0.4 version but it wont install it. I got a broken android logo during installation process. Why? My installed firmware version is HMD-2.0.4 2017-07-05.191425
  • 98(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)8