•   
  • 101(current)
Android -  HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
@casey-jones: you can only replace those apps with others. The default icon (for the apps that appear after the first boot) will come back when the app that replaced it got updated. I do not know what you mean by duplicate function at the bottom of the screen.
Gadget enthusiast
Kodi player on a Q10 Pro with Nougat
Hi!

I am trying to play a bluray movie with Dolby True HD 7.1 using the HiMedia wrapper but it automatically switch to another soundtrack because it can´t play it. DTS 7.1 works fine and also Dolby AC3 5.1. I am using my Bose Bluetooth headphones but have also tried it with my Samsung soundbar connected to my TV with HDMI, same results there. Why does it not work?
I own a Q10 Pro with build-number HMD-2.0.6 2017-10-25.164125.
Awesome man!! Thanks for the review.
(2018-04-27, 17:52)Lugie Wrote: Hi!

I am trying to play a bluray movie with Dolby True HD 7.1 using the HiMedia wrapper but it automatically switch to another soundtrack because it can´t play it. DTS 7.1 works fine and also Dolby AC3 5.1. I am using my Bose Bluetooth headphones but have also tried it with my Samsung soundbar connected to my TV with HDMI, same results there. Why does it not work?
I own a Q10 Pro with build-number HMD-2.0.6 2017-10-25.164125.
DTS and Dolby are SPDIF-quality lossy compressed audio formats, Dolby True HD and DTS HD MA are lossless HD Audio formats.  

Do you have an HD Audio compatible AVR to decode these formats?  Is your sound bar compatible with HD Audio - or is it just capable of the lossy SPDIF stuff (a number of sound bars don't support HD Audio) 

If not, and if stereo is OK (for headphone I assume it is?) then if you disable passthrough / bit streaming in Kodi and configure for 2.0 output you can listen to the lossless 5.1/7.1 HD Audio down mixed to 2.0 stereo.
To avoid uninstalling and reinstalling the firmware unnecessarily for verification.
Can I kindly ask someone who has installed the official FW on board, if he manages to have set the YCbCr 420 10-bit color space (DeepColorMode = 30) @60Hz on 4K HDR TV?
Since I have set YCbCr420 10bit, I always find it YCbCr422 8bit (DeepColorMode = 24).

Thanks for replying.
Official Updated firmware release V2.1.0 (Androd 7 release 10)
Available for download and details of various minor bug fixes at the Futeko forum:
http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=3726.0

Nothing essential, more incremental in nature. A few fixes for things that are said to occur "sometimes".
I updated on release using USB flash drive and the simple Settings/Upgrade menu path. It kept all my settings and Kodi unchanged. 
It may have had some minor operational improvements (but could well be placebo effect).

As always, backup first, if you upgrade and don't like any of the changes, you can downgrade to previous firmware (full instructions contained on Futeko forum).
[*New release firmware V2.1.1 (Android 7 release 11)*]
more small fixes but primarily network SMB (Samba) fixes to [/help with recent Windows 10 network changes/] (that have had numerous effects on a lot of other networked hardware, including NAS drives) as well as improving network NFS and some HDMI compatibility.  

Installed quickly last night (simple, in place upgrade from flash drive) and so far, so good.  Kept Kodi and all settings unchanged.  I use both SMB and NFS for different NAS units and will look for any changes/improvements.

Obtainable (with full instructions) from Futeko's support forum (needs a minimum of V2.0.4 already installed):
http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=3994.0
And they've finally fixed the "subtitle line skipping" bug in this new FW. Tested a bit, and it looks definitely the best FW so far. Tho' some issues with .srt subtitles are still present. 
I will update later whit some questions regarding colorspace and bitdepth output switching, as it seems still a bit "grey-area" with these Boxes.
  •   
  • 101(current)

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)4.58