Looking at the log files and confirmed from the box here;

Software Version XTI_VB.2.52
Linux 2.6.32.42_stm24_V4.0-HDK7111_7111-STSDK
Kernel Image VB04
Boot Loader Image 2.1.20
Disk Image IVB-2.0-25
Vbox_Daemon SW-2.0-5.33--VB.2.52

The VBox is already running 2.52

"Try installing. From Tvgrrr post" I could not see any request to install in the Tvgrrr posts. Did I miss something? As it is already at 2.52 there seems little point in installing new unless the release candidate you have is a later revision than the one I have on the machine? How can we tell? I see you are talking about a firmware version but I cannot see a firmware version listed on my machine output. Have I looked in the wrong place? On the Status page on the VBox it tells me it "CAN NOT GET DEVICE INFO" under the Board Information heading.

Unless I am certain what FW version I am currently on I do not want to risk updating but if you can explain how I discover the firmware version of my machine I will happily check and do so if required.

BTW, installed App Cleaner and it worked really well. Thanks.
mjcuk, I have found Tvgrrr's post for the firmware update and am downloading now. I just need to see if it is an update to what I already have and am contacting VBox for that.

I see there is also a rc for the guide but I am not updating that (unless you suggest it) as I need to leave the machine as vanilla as possible until we identify the problem.

Also, I see from the end of the logs that the problem occurs (as I noted originally) with the timers? Can this be disabled on the VBox to try the connection without them?

DEBUG: CPVRTimers - Update - updating timers

I really appreciate your help. Geoff
Well it looks like your running the latest software. On the vbox.

I am a little stumped not really sure where to go from here.

V box support is really good. Email: [email protected]. They might be able to see something in the vbox log file.

If I was doing it myself. I would restore the vbox software on the box and retune the channels.

Reset the router

On kodi. Go to the live tv setting and reset:
Live tv / General. Reset the PVR database this will Delete channel/epg database and reimport the data from backend afterwards

Live tv/ EPG.
Reset the EPG database Delete the EPG database in Kodi and reimport the data afterwards from the backend.

If you do get it sorted please let me know how.
OK I am in touch with VBox support on a parallel stream so will update here anything I find. Thanks again.
Neither of the logs you posted is the crash log. Can you try to locate it? It seems to crash when updating timers but it's hard to say why without that particular log.
Hi negge

I have read your post again (the wiki link only goes to a blank page) and discovered how to use pastebin!

I have now uploaded two logs for you.

http://pastebin.com/iLxb0psX is kodi.log

http://pastebin.com/5iUjX66g is kodi.old.log

They are limited to two weeks.

Thanks
Just to keep you updated, the box broke when I tried to upgrade it to the latest software (2.52.4) so is being swapped by VBox which will take a couple of weeks. I will get back to you once the new one is here if there is a continuing problem or not.

Geoff
Sorry but neither of those is the crash log. Google for "kodi crash log" if you can't find it on the wiki, I'm not at a computer right now do it's a PITA to copy paste etc.
negge,

Thank you for your persistence.

I have located a series of crash logs in the Mac at ~Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

There are 17 of them, all from the 28th March. I have pasted the last one at

http://pastebin.com/z7ZxHzZG

If you would like to see any of the earlier ones, let me know. Once again I have limited it to 2 weeks.

New box has been shipped but last time it took 10 days to arrive.

Geoff
Just to close this off, after a lot of messing around and trying to isolate the problem, it appears it occurs when the recordings are set to a network drive. If a USB recording device is used, no problems. As soon as the network device is added, Kodi crashes. I am working with VBox to see if we can find why and resolve it.
(2016-07-02, 00:48)GeoffatMM Wrote: Just to close this off, after a lot of messing around and trying to isolate the problem, it appears it occurs when the recordings are set to a network drive. If a USB recording device is used, no problems. As soon as the network device is added, Kodi crashes. I am working with VBox to see if we can find why and resolve it.

Did you ever find a solution? I'm just trying to set up my brand new VBox with Kodi and it's exhibiting EXACTLY the same symptoms as you described with Kodi crashing while it loads the channels, and yes I have also set up VBox to record to a network drive.

So if you have any workarounds or solutions, please let me know!
Solved on Kodi 17
Jeshyr

Yes, as I said I moved off a network connection to the USB and everything worked. I subsequently went back to a network setting and it continued tinwork. I now have it working with both Kodi 16 and now Kodi 17 based on a version of 17 I downloaded some time ago.

However, (I will be opening a separate post on this) I have just downloaded the latest version of 17 from the kodi website for another computer (Mac) and noticed that mine has a PVR add-on version of 3.6.3 but the latest is now 3.6.4 and does not seem to work. If I try to update the 3.6.3 it tells me I am up to date so not sur what is now going on.

Geoff
I have now moved to release candidate three and it seems to work on all my machines so the problem appears to have been solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi crashes loading channels from VBox0