Dtshd ma with realtek analog out?
Question 
Hi there,

I wanna build a new Mediacenter (based on windows) but have a question now, i couldn't answer myself:

I'm gonna use an ltx mainboard with a realtek hd-audio chipset. It has optical out and those 6 analog out jacks. Also i wanna use a class d amp (connected to those analog jacks).

But does the analog out from that chipset support dts, dtshdma and truehd?

I tried google but couldn't find an answer.

Thanks
(2016-03-28, 09:27)Grinsekatze Wrote: Hi there,

I wanna build a new Mediacenter (based on windows) but have a question now, i couldn't answer myself:

I'm gonna use an ltx mainboard with a realtek hd-audio chipset. It has optical out and those 6 analog out jacks. Also i wanna use a class d amp (connected to those analog jacks).

But does the analog out from that chipset support dts, dtshdma and truehd?

I tried google but couldn't find an answer.

Thanks

The analogue jacks themselves can't carry True HD or DTS HD MA, neither can they carry DD or DTS. Those are all proprietary digital formats.

What you want to do is to decode those formats losslessly to PCM 5.1/7.1 and then convert them to analogue for analogue output. That should be possible with new builds of Kodi that support decoding DD/DTS/DTS-HD MA/HRA and Dolby True HD (though possibly not DD+/E-AC3) to PCM 5.1 or 7.1.

I've not tried it, and at one point some PC playback software limited their analogue outputs to 48kHz/16bit I think (so you wouldn't get the benefit - if there is any - of 96/192kHz and 20/24 bit) in Windows to avoid lossless HD Audio being output as analogue ISTR, if you use an external player. (But I doubt you will)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dtshd ma with realtek analog out?0