• 132(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
Fantastic, afedchin, thank you very much!!!
Thanks afedchin! Merry Xmas to all! Smile
Main: Intel NUC DN2820FYKH with Intel Celeron N2830 CPU, Windows 10 Professional 64bit, Intel® HD Graphics driver-version 10.18.10.4338. Running afedchin's Windows MVC 3D test build.
Great afedchin! Thanks! Merry Xmas to everyone!!!
Thanks for the new build. Any luck tracking down why the audio goes out of sync if you skip chapters or start in the middle? It's about a .5s delay (at least from what my eyes tell me when I change the audio delay setting). If I don't have to stop or skip mid-movie like I had to today it works great.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
Again, thank you for the new build and for changelog link!!! Wink
(2016-12-21, 13:16)Korrigan Wrote:
(2016-12-15, 22:54)timstephens24 Wrote: And like @afedchin, I'm waiting for the new Apollo Lake NUC that's supposed to come out in January to replace my 3 year old NUC.
NUC6CAYH seems to be coming very soon and it supposedly does HDMI 2.0

It will be interesting to see if the 3D version works on this device as the NUC6CAYH has one hdmi 2.0 port only. With the beebox 7100s the 3D movies work with the second hdmi 1.4 port only.
(2016-12-24, 13:04)Caramba69 Wrote:
(2016-12-21, 13:16)Korrigan Wrote:
(2016-12-15, 22:54)timstephens24 Wrote: And like @afedchin, I'm waiting for the new Apollo Lake NUC that's supposed to come out in January to replace my 3 year old NUC.
NUC6CAYH seems to be coming very soon and it supposedly does HDMI 2.0

It will be interesting to see if the 3D version works on this device as the NUC6CAYH has one hdmi 2.0 port only. With the beebox 7100s the 3D movies work with the second hdmi 1.4 port only.

So 3D MVC doesn't work on the HDMI 2.0, Hmmm, I was waiting on the Intel NUC Kabylake to get back in to this adventure or maybe I should just buy ASRock Beebox and Call it a dayHuh
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Quote:So 3D MVC doesn't work on the HDMI 2.0, Hmmm

AHA! So, this is the reason why this build does not work for me? I thought my setup was just a fluke.

This build was working fantastic with my old display using Nvidia. All the ports were HDMI 1.4.
It does not work using my 4k display. All the HDMI ports are 2.0a and HDCP 2.2. I have just figured out 2.0a is NOT backwards compatible.

Is this why 3D Frame Packed MVC switches into some strange screwed up looking TAB mode when I attempt to use this build?
(keep in mind, changing resolution from 3840x2160 to 1920x1080 in Windows and/or Kodi GUI just makes things worse)
Maybe afedchin can adjust something in the code since if NUC devices adopt HDMI 2.0 they may also be affected?

The way I understand it, sometime in the future, new discs are only going to render through HDMI 2.0 using HDCP 2.2?
I guess this means new discs are not going to render through anything using HDMI 1.4?
I think the same is true for AVR's and GPU's?
I know all my hardware is 2.0 compliant and could test.
Perhaps this will be part of PDVD v.17 when it's released?
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2016-12-24, 17:33)brazen1 Wrote:
Quote:So 3D MVC doesn't work on the HDMI 2.0, Hmmm

AHA! So, this is the reason why this build does not work for me? I thought my setup was just a fluke.

This build was working fantastic with my old display using Nvidia. All the ports were HDMI 1.4.
It does not work using my 4k display. All the HDMI ports are 2.0a and HDCP 2.2. I have just figured out 2.0a is NOT backwards compatible.

Is this why 3D Frame Packed MVC switches into some strange screwed up looking TAB mode when I attempt to use this build?
(keep in mind, changing resolution from 3840x2160 to 1920x1080 in Windows and/or Kodi GUI just makes things worse)
Maybe afedchin can adjust something in the code since if NUC devices adopt HDMI 2.0 they may also be affected?

The way I understand it, sometime in the future, new discs are only going to render through HDMI 2.0 using HDCP 2.2?
I guess this means new discs are not going to render through anything using HDMI 1.4?
I think the same is true for AVR's and GPU's?
I know all my hardware is 2.0 compliant and could test.
Perhaps this will be part of PDVD v.17 when it's released?

I use the hdmi 2.0 port of my projector with the hdmi 1.4 port of the beebox and it works. If I use the hdmi 2.0 port of the beebox 3d much doesn't work. It has nothing to do with the port of the display. I guess it has something to do with the way they have implemented the hdmi 2.0 port in the beebox. I think the convert internally the 2.0 hdmi port to the displayport and this might me the issue.

Pmy Samsung uhd player has a hdmi 2.0 port as well and can play 3d blue ray movies.
Thanks for your response.

Quote:I use the hdmi 2.0 port of my projector with the hdmi 1.4 port of the beebox and it works. It has nothing to do with the port of the display.

I dunno? I unplug HDMI cord from working 1.4 display into new 2.0 display and it doesn't work. For me, display has everything to do with it. 1.4 (1080p) working. 2.0 (4k) not working.

Quote:If I use the hdmi 2.0 port of the beebox 3d much doesn't work.

Me either. I replaced my GPU from 1.4 to 2.0 and it still doesn't work.

Quote:I think the convert internally the 2.0 hdmi port to the displayport and this might me the issue.

I would try a display port to hdmi converter but I'm already able to do 4k @ 60Hz 4:4:4 over HDMI and doubt it adds any benefit decoding 3D using this application differently. Anyone know?

Quote:Pmy Samsung uhd player has a hdmi 2.0 port as well and can play 3d blue ray movies.

Yes. So does PowerDVD. It has no problem rendering 3D using all 2.0a hardware.

Is there anyone successfully using Nvidia (or any GPU) HDMI 2.0 port to native display 4k HDMI 2.0 input with this build? Or with DP to HDMI converter?

Happy holidays!
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2016-09-22, 16:23)p750mmx Wrote: 3D ISO is still not working for me with this latest build on a Philips Gioco passive 3D monitor with nVidia 960. Audio is there, but video still not showing. 3D MKV works on the same monitor. Will test this build on the LG TV later on.

Edit: on the main 3D set with Intel hardware everything seems to be OK now. Every kind of 3D container is displayed correct as far as I can see and test.

(2016-12-25, 19:30)brazen1 Wrote: Thanks for your response.

Quote:I use the hdmi 2.0 port of my projector with the hdmi 1.4 port of the beebox and it works. It has nothing to do with the port of the display.

I dunno? I unplug HDMI cord from working 1.4 display into new 2.0 display and it doesn't work. For me, display has everything to do with it. 1.4 (1080p) working. 2.0 (4k) not working.

Quote:If I use the hdmi 2.0 port of the beebox 3d much doesn't work.

Me either. I replaced my GPU from 1.4 to 2.0 and it still doesn't work.

Quote:I think the convert internally the 2.0 hdmi port to the displayport and this might me the issue.

I would try a display port to hdmi converter but I'm already able to do 4k @ 60Hz 4:4:4 over HDMI and doubt it adds any benefit decoding 3D using this application differently. Anyone know?

Quote:Pmy Samsung uhd player has a hdmi 2.0 port as well and can play 3d blue ray movies.

Yes. So does PowerDVD. It has no problem rendering 3D using all 2.0a hardware.

Is there anyone successfully using Nvidia (or any GPU) HDMI 2.0 port to native display 4k HDMI 2.0 input with this build? Or with DP to HDMI converter?

Happy holidays!

I have tested Powerdvd 16 with the hdmi 2.0 port of my beebox and it doesn't work either. 3D works with my hdmi 1.4 port only.
hey all - got a chance to pick up a desktop for relatively cheap and it has an i5-3570 processor with HD graphics 2500.

Anyone know if this will work with the MVC build ?
(2016-12-28, 17:41)dchabby Wrote: hey all - got a chance to pick up a desktop for relatively cheap and it has an i5-3570 processor with HD graphics 2500.

Anyone know if this will work with the MVC build ?
I think it can work just fine; Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology*: Yes

*Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology provides stereoscopic 3-D Blu-ray playback in full 1080p resolution over HDMI 1.4 and premium audio.
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
Is it possible the 3D over HDMI 2.0 issue is related to the res / edid reporting issues similar to the apollo lake thread..... from memory frame packed is SBS with a 15 pixel buffer (could be wrong....) so if someone manually added it like the "custom" resolutions in the apollo lake thread it might work?

Just an idea don't have the hardware to check myself but thought they might be somewhat related issues as I'm following the apollo lake thread for potential purchase info....
(2016-12-29, 11:43)Nelbert Wrote: Is it possible the 3D over HDMI 2.0 issue is related to the res / edid reporting issues similar to the apollo lake thread..... from memory frame packed is SBS with a 15 pixel buffer (could be wrong....) so if someone manually added it like the "custom" resolutions in the apollo lake thread it might work?

Just an idea don't have the hardware to check myself but thought they might be somewhat related issues as I'm following the apollo lake thread for potential purchase info....

This problem not in Apollo, is a problem of the transformer MicroChips MC2800, just the same problem on other hard with external DP-HDMI Club3D
  • 132(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10