• 180(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
Hy, i yesterday buy a mini pc acer revo, and want to try the mvc build.
But the latest release from the 1st page isn't downloadable.
Where can i download the latest version?
THX
I'm not sure if this is a bug, but Kodi does not switch to the default refresh rate (60 hz, in my case) when stopping 3D MVC playback. This causes a problem where my projector is "stuck" in 3D mode at 24 hz (twice the brightness - crushed black levels) until I set Kodi back to 60 hz.
(2017-04-12, 19:22)3DBuff Wrote:
(2017-04-12, 18:26)rewsteruk Wrote:
(2017-04-12, 13:21)3DBuff Wrote: Rewsteruk where do you set E6 to "Just Scan"? If you have 3D 4K interlaced out of Kodi and image looks correct there is no need to put TV in 3D. It's already done by Kodi and lines are mapped to you display. TV does not know abut the 3D at this point.

In the Picture Settings > Aspect Ratio > Set to Original and move the Just Scan Slider at the bottom of this menu to On. It might already be on if for example you have set your input to PC for HDMI X

Thanks @rewsteruk!
Maybe that's what's messing up my 3D 4K interlaced screen.
I'll check it tonight.

Here is an update for 3D 4K interlaced. Finally I got something going on my system Dell XPS 13 -> USB-C -> Club 3D HDMI 2.0 adapter -> OLED65E6
I think my main issue from the previous tests was setting resolution above 4K. I wasn't looking or thinking just selecting the highest number in the list. At the bottom of the list in Windows driver for desktop resolution I have 4096x2160 and the same number within Kodi setup. 4K is 3840x2160. I don't know why my 65 LG OLED when connected to computer in my setup is showing resolution just a bit larger than standard 4K in horizontal width. TV specification 4K OLED panel resolution is correct 3840x2160. This was causing all my issues with black bars on both sides of the screen and somehow distorted scaled 3D image.

"Just Scan" is a bit different on my system perhaps firmware version (latest .95) or some country region revision. Too bad there is no good manual about all features of this LG TV. It appears that a lot of functionality of the TV is locked into type of signal label placed on the HDMI input number. If I label the input as PC, TV goes into this PC mode "Just Scan". This option "Just Scan" is disabled (greyed out) but it appears to be on. 3/4 of image enhancement features are disabled. No ability to adjust "TruMotion" or any dynamic settings. 3D image is very clean and natural looking. TV does not go into 3D. Double frames of left and righ eye 1080p are processed into 4K interlaced by Kodi / PC / Video Card. One thing that strikes right away in my eyes is the 24fps video flow. Without LG "TruMotion" it is looking choppy to me (very fast OLED panel) specially on animated movies. I'm used to frame interpolation on my Epson projector and active glasses. For all other types of signal TV is processing video and introducing some level of "TruMotion" to enhance video in terms of 4K smooth flow effect even when shutting if completely off.

Labelling HDMI input to something else brings back all TV functionality but the 3D video is not clean and small artifacts from processing are back. Even if I turn on "Just Scan" and disable most of image enhancement (noise reduction, dynamic contrast etc.) the image is not the same as labelling the input "PC".
(2017-04-13, 16:33)3DBuff Wrote:
(2017-04-12, 19:22)3DBuff Wrote:
(2017-04-12, 18:26)rewsteruk Wrote: In the Picture Settings > Aspect Ratio > Set to Original and move the Just Scan Slider at the bottom of this menu to On. It might already be on if for example you have set your input to PC for HDMI X

Thanks @rewsteruk!
Maybe that's what's messing up my 3D 4K interlaced screen.
I'll check it tonight.

Here is an update for 3D 4K interlaced. Finally I got something going on my system Dell XPS 13 -> USB-C -> Club 3D HDMI 2.0 adapter -> OLED65E6
I think my main issue from the previous tests was setting resolution above 4K. I wasn't looking or thinking just selecting the highest number in the list. At the bottom of the list in Windows driver for desktop resolution I have 4096x2160 and the same number within Kodi setup. 4K is 3840x2160. I don't know why my 65 LG OLED when connected to computer in my setup is showing resolution just a bit larger than standard 4K in horizontal width. TV specification 4K OLED panel resolution is correct 3840x2160. This was causing all my issues with black bars on both sides of the screen and somehow distorted scaled 3D image.

"Just Scan" is a bit different on my system perhaps firmware version (latest .95) or some country region revision. Too bad there is no good manual about all features of this LG TV. It appears that a lot of functionality of the TV is locked into type of signal label placed on the HDMI input number. If I label the input as PC, TV goes into this PC mode "Just Scan". This option "Just Scan" is disabled (greyed out) but it appears to be on. 3/4 of image enhancement features are disabled. No ability to adjust "TruMotion" or any dynamic settings. 3D image is very clean and natural looking. TV does not go into 3D. Double frames of left and righ eye 1080p are processed into 4K interlaced by Kodi / PC / Video Card. One thing that strikes right away in my eyes is the 24fps video flow. Without LG "TruMotion" it is looking choppy to me (very fast OLED panel) specially on animated movies. I'm used to frame interpolation on my Epson projector and active glasses. For all other types of signal TV is processing video and introducing some level of "TruMotion" to enhance video in terms of 4K smooth flow effect even when shutting if completely off.

Labelling HDMI input to something else brings back all TV functionality but the 3D video is not clean and small artifacts from processing are back. Even if I turn on "Just Scan" and disable most of image enhancement (noise reduction, dynamic contrast etc.) the image is not the same as labelling the input "PC".
So you recommend for 3D playback switching the TV to PC mode and for non-3D content to Blu-ray player?
As we have quite a few LG E6 users here and I will be joining them tomorrow... is it safe to carry the TV (in packaging) in "portrait mode" for 2 minutes (small elevator)?
Intel NUC6CAYH + afedchin's Kodi Windows MVC + LG OLED 55E6
(2017-04-13, 20:47)Korrigan Wrote: As we have quite a few LG E6 users here and I will be joining them tomorrow... is it safe to carry the TV (in packaging) in "portrait mode" for 2 minutes (small elevator)?

No problem at all of it's in the package. Enjoy your E6, one day it will be a collectors item Wink
(2017-04-13, 20:13)baba420 Wrote: So you recommend for 3D playback switching the TV to PC mode and for non-3D content to Blu-ray player?

Switching back and forth between types of input could be annoying. Switching cable between 2 preassigned HDMI ports not much better. This could be a personal preference how you like to see the video image. If you send the video signal as Blu-Ray player it will open all options for signal processing.

I didn't get the time to experiment and compare the quality of 3D 4K interlaced to Frame Packing 3D (Raspberry Pi or Blu-Ray PS3) and processed by TV.
Yesterday evening was the first time I got 3D 4K going on my system Wink

I can only confirm that 3D 4K interlaced from Kodi is looking good and very natural. No errors in the image, ghosting etc. but the video is in the raw format and untouched by TV processing.

Sending 4K TAB from Kodi could be comparable quality but with the options of TV enhancements like TruMotion. This setup needs testing.
For Hardware 3D Frame Packing you need HDMI 1.4 Intel computer or other software options for non Intel machines or Raspberry Pi.
(2017-04-13, 20:47)Korrigan Wrote: As we have quite a few LG E6 users here and I will be joining them tomorrow... is it safe to carry the TV (in packaging) in "portrait mode" for 2 minutes (small elevator)?

Mine arrived flat behind the truck and the FedEx Ground driver left it upside down. I was a little worried but everything turned out to be fine. It's packed really well.
Hi,

when I click the link from the first posting to get a download-link fort the "March 21" build-package I get a 404 error...

So, where can I find the actual build?

thx
Martin
Updated download link in first post.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
I had a bit more time to look and compare 3D modes on my Lg. This could be correct for other LG TV's not only OLED.

To get this 3D Interlaced mode going on your LG:
1. Go to inputs in the TV menu and select icon PC where your computer is connected (HDMI port). This is the key function that makes it work. You can label it anything you want PC is fine.
2. TV -> Settings -> Picture -> Aspect Ratio (Original and Just Scan) - I didn't experiment with this too much
3. Set resolution inside Kodi to correct 4K 3840x2160 (not 4096x2160 in case you have it)
4. Kodi -> Settings -> Player -> Videos -> Playback -> Adjust display refresh rate (always)
-> Sync playbeck to display (Off)
-> Stereoscopic 3D -> Playbeck mode of stereoscopic 3D videos (Preferred mode)
5. Kodi -> Settings -> System -> Display -> Stereoscopic 3D -> Preferred mode (Interlaced)
6. OLED E6 TV > Settings > OLED panel > disable Pixel Shift - prevents image retention but is causes random left / right eye flip

On my system OLED65E6P when I start video in the above configuration the screen is too bright. Blacks are glowing bright grey. I need to drive "Brightness" on my TV from 50 to about 35 to get it down to where the blacks are black. Most of the video enhancement functions on the TV are disabled and greyed out.
Note: This is no longer relevant as of firmware 04.31.02 and newer.

Video is the cleanest 3D you can find with absolutely no 3D errors or any artifacts. However there is also no frame interpolation at all. LG TruMotion is disabled when PC icon is selected for HDMI input. Based on the content and personal preference this makes video choppy on camera fast panning scenes or moving objects. Fast OLED makes it even worse specially when watching animated movies.

I've tested few combinations and deviations from the above setup with negative outcome. From changing screen refresh rate in Kodi to changing icon on HDMI input and adjusting TruMotion. Once you deviate from this setup you end up with more or less of 3D errors and some artifacts.

From what I've tested the only other way is to send the video as frame packing (hardware 3D mode). Of course you need HDMI 1.4 for this to work. I'm using Raspberry Pi to do this trick. By sending it as double 1080p frame you can select icon like Blu-Ray or just leave it plain HDMI for TV input. TV does a good job working with this signal and processing it into 3D 4K interlaced screen. TruMotion can be activated and setting to user De-Blur 0 and De-Judder 8 or more makes it very clean and smooth 3D video. Image is very good even from Raspberry Pi with minimum issues. I've seen some people complaining about Raspberry Pi image quality but I suggest to check your settings. Trust me it is working for me very well, no issue with quality or lower like resolutions. It appears that 3D video processing and enhancement functions on this TV were build around this Blu-Ray frame packing signal with very good results. Anything else like 4K TAB signal or higher frame rates out of Kodi will result in lower image quality, 3D errors and artifacts.
Hi!

Just reporting here that 21.3.2017 build is working very smoothly on Windows 10 64-bit with nVidia Geforce 610 GT and Intel C2D E8400!

Frame-packing (MVC) 24p just works on BenQ w1350 projector without any hassle!

Much appreciated all effort what has been done on this project Smile
When there is a new assembly?
(2017-04-16, 08:09)DenisDA Wrote: When there is a new assembly?

if you mean "build" then i suppose when a new version of 17 appears. currently 17.1 is the latest official and that is what the mvc build is built on. there's not much reason to do a new one unless there is some mvc based defect

i really dont see a need
(2017-04-09, 15:08)3DBuff Wrote: @fimgeek47 frame skipping issue every 20s is often caused by TV or other display not being able to sync on 23.98 fps. If the TV is working at 24 fps only it will do the frame skip every 20s. This could be unrelated to your issue but worth to check.
Under System Display make sure you have "Use full screen windows' OFF. Then check if you have 23.98 in the "Refresh Rate". Select it to see if everything is working OK. Make sure you have in the Player section "Adjust display refresh rate" set to "Always" and "Sync Playback to display" OFF.

Kodi MVC is not working for me on my PC. I need to get the correct hardware just for that. I'm still waiting for Intel to figure it out or do a major recall Wink

Double checked all of those settings, already had them set. I've tried a bunch of other stuff since my last post.
-Rewsteruk had suggested updating the DP-HDMI firmware to the latest version from intel (1.66), and then switching to the HDMI out on my board (instead of the DVI-HDMI cable I've been using). Unfortunately the setup shuddered even worse in this configuration (actually couldn't get my glasses to sync).

I've switched back to the old setup, however I did stumble upon something interesting. Apparently, the issue is the audio struggling to play with the video, rather than the other way around. Basically, if I turn off audio pass through, or switch to the embedded AC3 5.1 audio for a file, it seems to consistently play fine.

Sometimes, it'll play fine without studdering with the HD track, but usually just after I've messed around with the audio settings). I think what's happening is that after changing a setting, the system is refreshing the display and audio outputs, then will work fine until the software is rebooted.

Very frustrating because the 2D playback is fine, and SOMETIMES I'll get through a 3D movie fine too, but not 90% of the time.

Any other ideas? I'm gonna go back to using the older build that seemed to be working for now, but it would obviously be awesome if whatever issue that's cropped up since gets resolved in the newer builds.

What's really weird to me is that nobody else seems to be reporting this studdering on recent builds. Maybe it's just my specific chipset/CPU?
  • 180(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10