• 204(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
Hi Brazen,

Any experience using a fan less card like a 1060 gt using this approach? My setup is working fairly well except I get a slight stutter occasionally in mvc playback. Everything I’ve read about the card suggests that it should be fine for mvc hd playback but my troubleshooting hasn’t resolved anything.

Any ideas?
I a'm using this build for few weeks, and very happy with it. 
But there are some disadvantages...

First, there is some ghosting in the background sometimes in 3D-BD. looks like parts of  the background is Blurred or doubled...
I traied to run the same scene with PDVD and there is no ghosting.

Second, it seems that Kodi crash more frequently. Sometimes without any clear reason.

Thanks,
I'd bet your ghosting has to do with your Intel graphics driver version. Try an older version if you have the latest, or latest if you have older.
(2018-02-14, 20:25)Skank Wrote:
(2018-02-14, 12:37)TheShoe Wrote:
(2018-02-07, 19:13)movie78 Wrote:  I have been hearing a lot of good things about the Vero 4k, I wish I can get one for testing 

vero 4k is ok. the hardware feels a lot cheaper than i expected but it works.

setting up nfs shares using their skin is annoying if not impossible so i revert back to kodi default at times

as for playback - there is no mvc 3d support. it has been coming for so many months now i am calling it vaporware at this point or perhaps just not possible to fully support.

otherwise it is a kodi box. the audio setup is a bit of a hassle given that you still need to select 2.0 output for multichannel to work (kodi bug?)

i have not yet tried 4k + hdr material but it should support it, as well as atmos and dts:x.

overall a fine little box and well supported, except 3d. but we are a niche and i can’t fault a small company for prioritizing other things. 
yes 3d on vero 4k is sitll in the works, give them time
audio setup isnt a hassle at all; it run immediately
i have never had such a box that runs kodi straight away, not even with zidoo x9s
Vero 4k is the easiest box to setup i ever had

back to the "hassle" if you select passthrough i get immediately 7.1.4 output (atmos and dts x are supported) no kodi bug, no hassle
hdr and 4k all run smooth, this with internal player and no special kodi setup

sadly we now know how 3D support turned out.

anyone want this box for a reasonable price PM. me. i have an nvidia shield which is far and away better. this box was for 3D for a specific TV in the house. i have settled on my old Pi for 3D. really pissed at Sam. he was misleading.

that said -this is an excellent Kodi box. just no 3D as we were led to believe for many many months
I feel for you... I almost bought one, but held back. Been burned by promises in the past. As I've said, 3D was more than teased at, toyed with. Straight answers would be good, or do testing quietly until you're sure you can deliver. Just my 2 cents.
(2018-03-23, 03:12)hdmkv Wrote: I feel for you... I almost bought one, but held back. Been burned by promises in the past.
No one should ever buy anything based on "promises" or "teasers".

Same goes for the NVIDIA Shield Oreo update that may supposedly fix auto colorspace and refresh switch / bit depth issues - very much needed for a SDR / 4K HDR media player in 2018.

And also buying an Apple TV 4K on the "teaser" it may come with Dolby Atmos support sometime in the future. And even then it's likely lossy Atmos in a DD+ wrapper, transported over HDMI ARC. (like LG OLED's)

Moral of the story - unless you see working Beta test Firmware and Software do not even think about purchasing any device.

(2018-03-23, 00:37)hdmkv Wrote: I'd bet your ghosting has to do with your Intel graphics driver version. Try an older version if you have the latest, or latest if you have older.
 OK, thanks
I checked thet my driver is the most uptodate (Intel HD graphics 4400).
How can I download older version?

What about the Kodi crashing?
I think I posted this in the wrong thread before.

I'm trying to figure out the best options for purchasing a new HTPC for full MVC playback with streaming HD audio and 4K playback. Is this just a pipe dream at the moment?

Is an Intel 8th gen i7 sufficient with 16GB of RAM? Something like the i7-8700K? I'm not fully up to date on all the new names and numbers the identify the latest and greatest in processors and MBs anymore.
Hi,

does anyone know if 3D MVC works on any of this "Up" SBCs?

Up squared
https://up-shop.org/up-boards/106-up-squ...-emmc.html

Up borad
https://up-shop.org/up-boards/44-up-boar...-emmc.html

Up core
https://up-shop.org/up-boards/141-up-cor...emory.html

THX for any help
Video HTPC: Intel i3-6100T, ASUS H170I-PRO, 8 GB-DDR4,128GB SSD, Silverstone LC19
Gaming HTPC: Intel i5-3570, ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe, 8GB-DDR3, 128 GB SSD, Bitfenix Prodigy Black
Having an issue with the auto-refresh setting. It was working fine and I was getting proper display changing but suddenly it now just goes to a blank screen and I have to window Kodi and go back to full screen for the picture to work.

Has something changed in Kodi or Windows to make this problem happen?
Never mind.  Not worth it.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2018-03-23, 03:56)wrxtasy Wrote: And also buying an Apple TV 4K on the "teaser" it may come with Dolby Atmos support sometime in the future. And even then it's likely lossy Atmos in a DD+ wrapper, transported over HDMI ARC. (like LG OLED's)
Don't understand your ARC comment. The Apple TV 4K is a source, not a display/sink. (ARC is a sink->source back channel for audio - primarily designed to get audio from a TV back to an AVR)
are any new / Leia / x64 builds going to come?
@afedchin will need to say as he's the sole developer supporting these builds.
(2018-05-04, 17:05)z-dima Wrote: are any new / Leia / x64 builds going to come?

There's no release in near future. UWP version has more priority.
  • 204(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10