• 239(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
@damagedspline
So I tried your 19.0 MVC build, but unfortunately it didn't work that well.

Like with 18.9 MVC build I enabled 3D Mode in Windows display settings and started Kodi after that. I'm using untouched Bluray 3D ISO files and they start in 3D Mode. But the right eye is somehow dimmed and it looks like 2D. If I switch left/right eye the right eye is no more dimmed, but the movie is in 2D. In both eye modes the Kodi OSD works fine in 3D Mode even with the dimmed eye, where only the movie seems to be dimmed and not the Kodi OSD.
@Krobar @Morpog found the issue you encountered with the right eye -not what I initially thought.

To sum it up:
MFX fails to work on some systems. MFX works OK on my 10th gen laptop but fails on both 8th gen NUC and another 4th gen laptop. As some noted, it is most likely related to Windows updates as apparently also NVidia GPUs were affected.

All the systems listed above are with latest windows version, but for some reason it is working ok on the 10th gen laptop. I'm still trying to figure it out...

Update: i think i found something. I will try different MFX approach and see if it will work on the affected systems i noted above.
@Morpog  @Krobar  please try this new build https://app.box.com/s/gvwot1bg7axlt3hu8dbl5sdelnh7irjo

You must first uninstall the existing v19.0 installation kodi before installing it.

This adds a new settings (Settings->Player->Video->3D MVC decoder HW support level). Default is 20. If 20 does not work, stop the movie, go lower and play the video again.
In order to get the exact value without retrying all values, you can run  msdk_sys_analyzer_64.exe which come as part of the IntelMediaSDK latest release. I will consider embedding this test into kodi so it will select the correct one by itself.

Anyway, if anyone else is trying this build - please report which HW level solved it for you so I can change the default to be the lowest possible.
For me: 4th gen is working @ hw level 20, 10th gen is working @ hw level 28
@damagedspline
First: thanks for all your effort in this!

I tried your new build. Everything below HW level 20 doesn't enable 3D Mode on my TV. 20 and above enables 3D Mode, but the movie looks like 2D unfortunately. Kodi OSD is in 3D. Even at HW level 35.

My CPU is an Intel® Core™ i5-3550S with Intel® HD Graphics 2500
My Windows 10 is at version 21H1.

Do you have a source for the Intel Media SDK without registering an account?
Strange, I've installed Intel Media SDK and checked my supported HW version. It is 11.
So I tried your build again and started with default HW level 20. Now 3D Mode didn't get enabled on my TV. So I changed the version to 11 and it started working again and now it shows also the movie in perfect 3D!

I don't know what changed the behavior, the installed SDK shouldn't change anything or?
I also tried higher levels again, but anything higher than 11 doesn't trigger 3D Mode of my TV.

I'm sure all this will puzzle you more than it helps, but it's great that it's working now.
(2021-05-31, 01:09)Morpog Wrote: Strange, I've installed Intel Media SDK and checked my supported HW version. It is 11.
So I tried your build again and started with default HW level 20. Now 3D Mode didn't get enabled on my TV. So I changed the version to 11 and it started working again and now it shows also the movie in perfect 3D!

I don't know what changed the behavior, the installed SDK shouldn't change anything or?
I also tried higher levels again, but anything higher than 11 doesn't trigger 3D Mode of my TV.

I'm sure all this will puzzle you more than it helps, but it's great that it's working now.

MediaSDK installation should have no effect... I is just a set of tools, sample code and documentation.

Probably it require restarting kodi in between attempts. (Did you uninstall kodi before installing the new build? Kodi upgrade system is broken when it is the same version...)

Ok, now that it is clear, I can merge to v19.1.
(2021-05-31, 05:22)damagedspline Wrote: Probably it require restarting kodi in between attempts. (Did you uninstall kodi before installing the new build? Kodi upgrade system is broken when it is the same version...)
I cloned my portable Kodi 18.9 installation (directory Kodi-mvc) and renamed it's directory to Kodi-mvc19. Then I started installation into this directory. I did not start it right after installation as this would start Kodi without -p parameter. So I made a new link with -p parameter and started that one.
You are right Kodi upgrade was really broken, as it somehow mixed Databases from my portable directory and from my appdata\roaming where my main Kodi 19.1 non mvc installation has it's database files. So i needed to delete the new databases and after a restart of Kodi it again upgraded it's databases again but used the correct ones from portable directory.

Maybe we should tell people to use clean installations to avoid such problems.
(2021-05-30, 10:16)damagedspline Wrote: @Morpog  @Krobar  please try this new build https://app.box.com/s/gvwot1bg7axlt3hu8dbl5sdelnh7irjo

You must first uninstall the existing v19.0 installation kodi before installing it.

This adds a new settings (Settings->Player->Video->3D MVC decoder HW support level). Default is 20. If 20 does not work, stop the movie, go lower and play the video again.
In order to get the exact value without retrying all values, you can run  msdk_sys_analyzer_64.exe which come as part of the IntelMediaSDK latest release. I will consider embedding this test into kodi so it will select the correct one by itself.

Anyway, if anyone else is trying this build - please report which HW level solved it for you so I can change the default to be the lowest possible.
For me: 4th gen is working @ hw level 20, 10th gen is working @ hw level 28

This new build worked for me. Running a NUC5 i5 Broadwell. Left it at the default hw level. Got some slight choppiness watching Avatar, not sure why. Thanks!
I quickly tested the new version 19.0 with some movies in mvc (.mkv) format
wasapi pathtrough: ok
The switch to 3d format is going well and I didn't have to force the format.
For the Hobbit, I had to do the right / left eye swap, but that's normal.
On the other hand, then the windows remains in active 3D mode, 23p instead of switching back to inactive 3d 50p.
d2 / 3d / 2d switch is fine.
In any case, well done for the excellent work.

Level 20
Windows 10 v1903
intel i7-8565U cpu
Pioneer lx-72 amplifier / switch
Epson tw8200 projector
Windows 10 + MariaDB base + Matrix | Kodi Build for intel Kodi-Native 3D MVC Playback (as possible)
Skin Titan Mod | Link: Color themes for Titan Mod | Link: Littles mods
For Intel Nuc : Kit Mpc-HC/BE : Config External player with 3D and Pathrought
(2021-05-31, 17:11)Aphykit2006 Wrote: For the Hobbit, I had to do the right / left eye swap, but that's normal.
On the other hand, then the windows remains in active 3D mode, 23p instead of switching back to inactive 3d 50p.

Sadly I don't own the Hobbit 3D Blu-rays so I can't test (btw, is it also the extended cut?). But according to the code, this info should exist in the metadata and should have auto flipped the eyes.

Regarding the switch back issue. That is odd because it should set 3D Display to off when the video is fully stopped (not paused). I will test again.
Hi
No, not necessarily : The newest version is Ok
(I explain very bad because my english is poor and i'm on my smartphone. )
So: the hobbit ( extended version, you'r right) is the only movie I have starting with left/ right eye . not a shame. I can switch manually my beamer ( easy with harmony remote)
And the last version, with level 20 : perfect ie :
I'm in 2d 50p
Start 3D movie =23 p + 3d as espected.
Wheh i stop the 3D movie : revert to 2d 50p as espected

Older versions don't revert to 2D 50p.
Many thanks.
Windows 10 + MariaDB base + Matrix | Kodi Build for intel Kodi-Native 3D MVC Playback (as possible)
First build of v19.1. https://app.box.com/s/ksozi5bvjuh42l369rcb22kpt1n6sgcz

Same bugs and features as my latest v19 build.

Did a few tests and all seems to work as expected.
Enjoy!
(2021-06-03, 19:39)damagedspline Wrote: First build of v19.1. https://app.box.com/s/ksozi5bvjuh42l369rcb22kpt1n6sgcz
Enjoy!
Hi
All seems to work as expected.
Install over 19.0.
Setup 3d inside windows system configuration .
Play Marvel's Black Panther entirely => ok  (The switch to 3d format is going well and I didn't have to force the format)
At stop : revert to 2D/50p

Level 20
Windows 10 v1903
intel i7-8565U cpu
Pioneer lx-72 amplifier / switch
Epson tw8200 projector
Good work
Regards
I still can't get this system to passthrough audio in Kodi. No clue why. I have another system running the same Windows version and using the Intel Display Driver for audio and it does both audio passthrough and hardware based MVC 3D no problem. Same Kodi version, everything. Insane how stupidly difficult this is to get working properly.

And now I found the solution which has nothing to do with audio settings or codecs specifically but is instead a video setting as noted in this thread.

Thanks to those trying to help or even just reading my rantings.
(2021-06-03, 19:39)damagedspline Wrote: First build of v19.1. https://app.box.com/s/ksozi5bvjuh42l369rcb22kpt1n6sgcz

Same bugs and features as my latest v19 build.

Did a few tests and all seems to work as expected.
Enjoy!

Just got a chance to try this and it is a big improvement over the first build. Thanks again for putting the effort in to get this working.

Using my normal Windows 1909 build and I3-8300S this build works for 3D. 

I have two issues:
1) As @Aphykit2006 mentioned this build is not detecting right eye first media. You can tell because it reports "block_lr" for these files where as when right eye first media is correctly detected it will report "block_rl"

2) My setup displays 3D well with this build but as soon as I press stop Kodi crashes. It could be because I have frame rate matching configured. I have a debug log and crash log if you are happy for me to PM you (?)
  • 239(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10