• 240(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
Hi.
Last night, after a 3d movie ( ghost in the shell) kodi was 'mad' after revert to 2D :
Screen on- screen off - on -off…every 10 seconds .. May be refresh rate, I don't know.
Until I launch a music.
The soluce : launch music or 2d movie.
Regards
Windows 10 + MariaDB base + Matrix | Kodi Build for intel Kodi-Native 3D MVC Playback (as possible)
Skin Titan Mod | Link: Color themes for Titan Mod | Link: Littles mods
For Intel Nuc : Kit Mpc-HC/BE : Config External player with 3D and Pathrought
(2021-06-06, 16:27)Aphykit2006 Wrote: Hi.
Last night, after a 3d movie ( ghost in the shell) kodi was 'mad' after revert to 2D :
Screen on- screen off - on -off…every 10 seconds .. May be refresh rate, I don't know.
Until I launch a music.
Regards

I think i know the cause but I will not be able to treat it in the coming week due to high workload & family matters. For now I recommend using whitelisted resolutions and frame rates that exist in both 3D&2D Display modes.
(2021-06-06, 22:13)damagedspline Wrote:
Until I launch a music.
Regards

I think i know the cause but I will not be able to treat it in the coming week due to high workload & family matters. For now I recommend using whitelisted resolutions and frame rates that exist in both 3D&2D Display modes.
Hi
Thank you
Don't worry : not urgent.
Windows 10 + MariaDB base + Matrix | Kodi Build for intel Kodi-Native 3D MVC Playback (as possible)
(2021-06-07, 10:31)Aphykit2006 Wrote:
(2021-06-06, 16:27)Aphykit2006 Wrote:  
Hi
Thank you
Regarding the screen on-off issue, I looked at the code and it seems that the mainline kodi code is using a legacy set of functions (ie. EnumDisplaySettingsW) for querying available resolutions and also for setting. That set of functions do not support querying 3D display capabilities or enabling them. Since the supported 3D display resolutions are a hidden subset of available resolutions, Kodi is not preparing a correct list for available 3D and 2D resolutions (separately). It is not a small fix and it require doing extensive rewrite for mainline code. Sadly, I do not have a capacity of doing the correct fix and later resync it per new release.

Now after that long preface, I am trying to do a ugly workaround of forcing Windows to 3D Display for the mere purpose of Kodi's resolution info collection and reset it back to its previous 3D state after all available resolutions have been registered but this means that 2D&3D are in a single collection and that there is no distinction between which is which.

I think it will take me something like a week for getting a working workaround - but, I am not able to reporduce this issue in my env because my hw setup supports the same reoslutions and refresh rates for both 2D and 3D so i cant check if the fix solves the issue or not.
Hi
thanks for explanations.
Don't worry if it's too hard.
actually , it's working good for a standard usage.
The best way is the simplest way.
Regards
(2021-06-14, 21:41)damagedspline Wrote:
Hi
Thank you
Regarding the screen on-off issue, I looked at the code and it seems that the mainline kodi code is using a legacy set of functions (ie. EnumDisplaySettingsW) for querying available resolutions and also for setting. That set of functions do not support querying 3D display capabilities or enabling them. Since the supported 3D display resolutions are a hidden subset of available resolutions, Kodi is not preparing a correct list for available 3D and 2D resolutions (separately). It is not a small fix and it require doing extensive rewrite for mainline code. Sadly, I do not have a capacity of doing the correct fix and later resync it per new release.

Now after that long preface, I am trying to do a ugly workaround of forcing Windows to 3D Display for the mere purpose of Kodi's resolution info collection and reset it back to its previous 3D state after all available resolutions have been registered but this means that 2D&3D are in a single collection and that there is no distinction between which is which.

I think it will take me something like a week for getting a working workaround - but, I am not able to reporduce this issue in my env because my hw setup supports the same reoslutions and refresh rates for both 2D and 3D so i cant check if the fix solves the issue or not.

Did you ever manage a workaround for the display switching issues?
Until I launch a music.
Regards
Hi
It was my external video processor (Darbee)
Broken power supply : 8v is not good for Darbee ( 5v).
Change it and now video is Ok.
sorry for the trouble.
Regards
(2021-06-14, 21:41)damagedspline Wrote:
Hi
Thank you

Most TVs only support 720P and 1080P 3D in a limited set of refresh rates. Would it be possible to set which 3D resolutions are supported in advancedsettings instead?
I know people are trying to get the latest version of Kodi working in 3D but I'm still sticking with what works, or at least did, version 18.1. I've encountered an issue though and hoping it's a setting I've overlooked. Watching MCU movies that I've muxed with Atmos audio tracks and after playing for some time Kodi crashes. The Kodi log shows a large audio sync error, or something like that. I don't have access to the logs at the moment. It happened 3 times watching Thor: Ragnarock, twice during Black Panther before I switched 3D off and then still did it during Infinity War so I switched 3D off. Thor got about 2/3's through before it crashed the first time so I restarted from that point and it crashed again half-way from there to the end and then once more just before the final end credits stinger. Black Panther crashed about 5 minutes in, both times. Infinity War the same. Anyone have any ideas? I've not been able to test any other 3D movies as yet.
(2021-07-02, 22:52)K0D1User1138 Wrote: I know people are trying to get the latest version of Kodi working in 3D but I'm still sticking with what works, or at least did, version 18.1. I've encountered an issue though and hoping it's a setting I've overlooked. Watching MCU movies that I've muxed with Atmos audio tracks and after playing for some time Kodi crashes. The Kodi log shows a large audio sync error, or something like that. I don't have access to the logs at the moment. It happened 3 times watching Thor: Ragnarock, twice during Black Panther before I switched 3D off and then still did it during Infinity War so I switched 3D off. Thor got about 2/3's through before it crashed the first time so I restarted from that point and it crashed again half-way from there to the end and then once more just before the final end credits stinger. Black Panther crashed about 5 minutes in, both times. Infinity War the same. Anyone have any ideas? I've not been able to test any other 3D movies as yet.

I've not had any issues with streaming Atmos/DTS:X including a few 3D with Atmos (eg. Aquaman). I do get crashes sometimes when stopping 3D playback and also sometimes TV channels just wont start and I need to restart Kodi (May not be related to the 3D work).
This is the error in the basic log file. I've tried searching the forum and Google for any info on it but so far no luck. I'll keep looking though.

ActiveAE - large audio sync error: -1379.946357
Hello
I think kodi pro support will require a full log file.

Personally, when a movie doesn't go well, I switch to hpc-hc or mpc-be to see if the problem is with kodi or elsewhere.
First I would like to thank everybody involved in keeping Kodi 3D for Windows going Smile

Second, I finally got some results (using the latest build 19.1 kindly provided by @damagedspline in post https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid...pid3041077 )
My system is an NUC6i7KYK (Intel Skull Canyon) with Intel Iris Pro Graphics 580 having latest drivers (which are 27.20.100.8681) on W10 1903 (as it resides in its own VLAN to not get any updates), TV is a Samsung UE40ES6100 (HDMI 1.4a) with just simple 2+1 audio system connected to it.

My problem was that even if the TV was reporting the image to be 3D, the left eye was dark and the image was not in fact 3D (as a real 3D image looks "doubled" when seen without the glasses) but not here, no doubled image. Initially I thought this is related to the new setting (defaulting at 20), but the msdk_sys_analyzer_64.exe said 20 is supported both HW and SW. Tried about 10 combos, no luck. However, I decided to try and switch Kodi UI to Stereoscopic 3D also, and ha, same issue, left eye was dark. This got me thinking that it may be a deeper issue, W10 version related or graphics driver related ?

Since a lot of posts mention 3D issues appearing once Windows passed to version 19XX, I decided to give it a try with 1803 and not only that, I also found almost all versions of the Intel graphics drivers (sans 23.xxx). Decided to try them in increasing fashion, from 20, 21, ... on W10 1803 to see what is going on.

I found that with the graphics driver versions < 24, nothing properly worked 3D wise (for example, enabling Stereoscopic mode in Kodi would end up with a black screen).
Things started working with 24 / 25 versions. However, upon enabling "Stereoscopic 3D" mode - TV would flicker on/off as reported previously. I also discovered that to make the flicker stop - another alternative is to disable "Use fullscreen window" - it makes the flicker go away in my case.

Thus, thankfully, I can watch 3D from inside Kodi, instead of having to rely on MPC-BE/madVR combo! I did not touch the "3D MVC decoder HW support level", it stayed at 20.
Currently using Intel Graphics Driver 26.20.100.6911 / W10 1803.

I will continue testing, as now my problem is that Windows "3D desktop" setting is getting turned off upon starting Kodi. I have to Alt-Tab, re-enable it in Windows, Alt-Tab back to Kodi. If I am already into the Settings / System / Display, just clicking on the "Stereoscopic 3D mode" doesn't show the Hardware option. I have to exit "System" settings, enter again, and only then the option "Hardware" appears. Not sure if it is Windows related or Kodi related. I remember a Kodi config option to force the Windows "3D desktop", so I need to explore more, including trying W10 20XX version.
(2021-08-19, 12:21)viulian Wrote: First I would like to thank everybody involved in keeping Kodi 3D for Windows going Smile

Second, I finally got some results (using the latest build 19.1 kindly provided by @damagedspline in post https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid...pid3041077 )
My system is an NUC6i7KYK (Intel Skull Canyon) with Intel Iris Pro Graphics 580 having latest drivers (which are 27.20.100.8681) on W10 1903 (as it resides in its own VLAN to not get any updates), TV is a Samsung UE40ES6100 (HDMI 1.4a) with just simple 2+1 audio system connected to it.

My problem was that even if the TV was reporting the image to be 3D, the left eye was dark and the image was not in fact 3D (as a real 3D image looks "doubled" when seen without the glasses) but not here, no doubled image. Initially I thought this is related to the new setting (defaulting at 20), but the msdk_sys_analyzer_64.exe said 20 is supported both HW and SW. Tried about 10 combos, no luck. However, I decided to try and switch Kodi UI to Stereoscopic 3D also, and ha, same issue, left eye was dark. This got me thinking that it may be a deeper issue, W10 version related or graphics driver related ?

Since a lot of posts mention 3D issues appearing once Windows passed to version 19XX, I decided to give it a try with 1803 and not only that, I also found almost all versions of the Intel graphics drivers (sans 23.xxx). Decided to try them in increasing fashion, from 20, 21, ... on W10 1803 to see what is going on.

I found that with the graphics driver versions < 24, nothing properly worked 3D wise (for example, enabling Stereoscopic mode in Kodi would end up with a black screen).
Things started working with 24 / 25 versions. However, upon enabling "Stereoscopic 3D" mode - TV would flicker on/off as reported previously. I also discovered that to make the flicker stop - another alternative is to disable "Use fullscreen window" - it makes the flicker go away in my case.

Thus, thankfully, I can watch 3D from inside Kodi, instead of having to rely on MPC-BE/madVR combo! I did not touch the "3D MVC decoder HW support level", it stayed at 20.
Currently using Intel Graphics Driver 26.20.100.6911 / W10 1803.

I will continue testing, as now my problem is that Windows "3D desktop" setting is getting turned off upon starting Kodi. I have to Alt-Tab, re-enable it in Windows, Alt-Tab back to Kodi. If I am already into the Settings / System / Display, just clicking on the "Stereoscopic 3D mode" doesn't show the Hardware option. I have to exit "System" settings, enter again, and only then the option "Hardware" appears. Not sure if it is Windows related or Kodi related. I remember a Kodi config option to force the Windows "3D desktop", so I need to explore more, including trying W10 20XX version.

You know you can watch inside of Kodi with the madvr / MPC combo by using the dsplayer Kodi version. That's basically all I use now. I been wanting to try this one again but it seems there are so many issues.
(2021-08-19, 13:05)robl45 Wrote: You know you can watch inside of Kodi with the madvr / MPC combo by using the dsplayer Kodi version. That's basically all I use now. I been wanting to try this one again but it seems there are so many issues.

Yes, thank you, indeed, I knew about that way of getting things working, but somehow, it was just my backup plan ? I have already installed the HDMI CEC convertor into the NUC and I admit I did not check if the dsplayer alternative works with it, i just assumed not. Raspberry Pi works perfectly with HDMI CEC but I kinda grew tired of RPi not being so responsive in the UI. I hoped RPi4 would fix these issue, the initial Libreelec announcement promised 3D MVC, but as we know ... Also, I have stayed away of solutions that were vendor locked in, as if there will be a better / faster way to play 3D, they would get very quickly obsolete, while a RPi3 / NUC will always be reusable for other possible purposes. Thus, my interest in getting this Kodi native 3D MVC going - to get a more Pi3 experience.

Meanwhile, I understood why the 3D Desktop is switched off when Kodi starts (there were some older Kodi builds that were trying to integrate with the desktop, and you could force them one way or the other) but @damagedspline managed to enable 3D on the fly when playback starts / stops, and works perfectly!

Noticed one more problem, the 3D playback seems chopped when using Kodi 19.1 vs MPC-BE/madVR which is smooth. Took me a while to realize that the problem is the frequency. All the Kodi 3D .iso samples (which I use to test) seem to be at 23.976Hz and madVR properly switches the TV to 24Hz (according to the TV Info button). But Kodi 19.1 switches only to 30Hz (which is a supported frequency for the TV in 3D, but doesn't match what the movie is, thus, choppy playback). I whitelisted only the [email protected] and playback is very smooth.

@damagedspline - did you publish your patches somewhere ? I am also curious to check the integration with the Frequency and the outdated Windows API calls - and was wondering if I could build this too ?

Thank you!
  • 240(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10