• 70(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-05-14, 06:33)santiagodraco Wrote: Received my Skull Canyon tonight, Windows 10 installed, Kodi installed and successfully tested running a 3D Bluray. Just a quick test but more to come. Had an issue where it displayed as over/under for some reason but bringing up the Samsung 3D menu fixed that. Not sure why.

However I am having an issue with audio. Have the sound device (HDMI) configured as 7.1 but it will only output stereo to the Denon AVR-6200. This is using the sound test (other channels other than left/right produce no sound and the Denon still shows stereo). When running KODI I get no sound. Looks like a driver issue or something else? Anyone have any thoughts?

I'd like to get this working so I can fully test with both 3D and HD audio passthrough. So close! Smile

Thanks!

I am also an early adopter and I have this very same issue where only stereo audio is available via the HDMI port. I tried several different HDMI 2.0 compliant cables just to see if the cable was the culprit but no luck. I have no issues whatsoever with my other older NUC5i7RYH outputting multichannel surround audio via my Denon AVR-S910W receiver. I tried both the latest and the previous released graphics driver, which would contain the Intel Display Audio driver, but still no luck.

I logged a case with Intel over the phone at their support contact number 916-377-7000, option 3. If you are experiencing this same issue, I recommend you join with me in bringing this to Intel's attention. The agent I spoke to had not yet heard about this issue so please do your part and let your voice be heard so this gets high on their priority list.
Hi there all, i got a brightness or blur issue playing video (streaming) using kodi 16 and 17 on a NUC6I5SYH with bios 42, Windows 10 HomePremium x64 and latest intel graphic driver.
I've searched for long time without find any solution, could someone help me?
Please let me know if you need more information or screenshots.
Thank you in advance!!
Have a great day!
(2016-05-17, 17:25)Username123 Wrote: Hi there all, i got a brightness or blur issue playing video (streaming) using kodi 16 and 17 on a NUC6I5SYH with bios 42, Windows 10 HomePremium x64 and latest intel graphic driver.
I've searched for long time without find any solution, could someone help me?
Please let me know if you need more information or screenshots.
Thank you in advance!!
Have a great day!

ScreenShots
And logs files
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-05-17, 17:25)Username123 Wrote: ...brightness or blur issue playing video (streaming) using kodi 16 and 17 on a NUC6I5SYH...
Probably a graphics driver issue. What type of videos are you seeing this with? You mention Kodi 16, but this thread is about MVC builds based on Kodi 17 alpha.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-05-15, 22:24)timstephens24 Wrote: That drive is way too much, go for this one instead. For the cable just find the cheapest one you can.

Thanks my friend ,

I mean that NUC : ( because the previous link don't connected)
http://www.amazon.com/Intel-D54250WYK1-i...B00H3YT8CC

is you nuc that you recommended to take ?

and about the SSD you have version that sold by amazon because you provider doesn't send to my country.
if you have model from Samsung or crucial I would be happy but it isn't must .

Thanks in advance.
(2016-05-15, 09:05)Statikk Wrote: Just an FYI for everyone: the 5-12 build does not install any of the encoder/decoder/dsp/pvr/screensaver/inputstream components. It's just Kodi and the runtimes. Most people will probably want to stick with 5-05 and below.

do you have link to download such version ?
(2016-05-12, 01:55)hdmkv Wrote: Just completed testing ... no lip sync error w/Beelink Pocket P2 (Intel Z3735F), using latest May 5 Kodi MVC build.

I'll be posting a full review of P2 tomorrow, but I'm amazed this little guy performs so well for Kodi use, maybe just a notch below Z8300, which is a bit faster. But, if you don't need HD audio bitstreaming, get either an Intel Intel Z3735F or Z8300, whichever you get a better deal on. Only thing that could tip the scale... a USB Ethernet adapter or hub is a must, and that will set you back between $8-20 (whether 10/100 or gigabit).

Hi,

Do you download the version that work with Beelink with no problem is this :
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...vc_wip.exe

?

and you install additional software or addon ?

Thanks.
No, tested on Beelink P2 w/May 12 build, and no issues. No add-ons, just local video playback.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-05-17, 01:24)hifihedgehog Wrote:
(2016-05-14, 06:33)santiagodraco Wrote: Received my Skull Canyon tonight, Windows 10 installed, Kodi installed and successfully tested running a 3D Bluray. Just a quick test but more to come. Had an issue where it displayed as over/under for some reason but bringing up the Samsung 3D menu fixed that. Not sure why.

However I am having an issue with audio. Have the sound device (HDMI) configured as 7.1 but it will only output stereo to the Denon AVR-6200. This is using the sound test (other channels other than left/right produce no sound and the Denon still shows stereo). When running KODI I get no sound. Looks like a driver issue or something else? Anyone have any thoughts?

I'd like to get this working so I can fully test with both 3D and HD audio passthrough. So close! Smile

Thanks!

I am also an early adopter and I have this very same issue where only stereo audio is available via the HDMI port. I tried several different HDMI 2.0 compliant cables just to see if the cable was the culprit but no luck. I have no issues whatsoever with my other older NUC5i7RYH outputting multichannel surround audio via my Denon AVR-S910W receiver. I tried both the latest and the previous released graphics driver, which would contain the Intel Display Audio driver, but still no luck.

I logged a case with Intel over the phone at their support contact number 916-377-7000, option 3. If you are experiencing this same issue, I recommend you join with me in bringing this to Intel's attention. The agent I spoke to had not yet heard about this issue so please do your part and let your voice be heard so this gets high on their priority list.

I am having the EXACT same problem with the Intel Skull Canyon NUC on Windows 10 that both of you describe above. I just received mine yesterday. You may or may not be happy to know that this problem with HDMI 5.1 or multichannel passthrough is effecting both my Yamaha 5600 sound bar and Yamaha 5100 AV Pre-Amp. So it is not just a Denon problem. It is a Yamaha problem too. I hear this may not be happening under Linux. It sounds to me like it is a Windows Driver Issue (Intel Display Audio?). I am also running the latest drivers with the Intel Driver Update Utility. I called this in also to Intel Support and they opened a case with the phone number above.
(2016-05-17, 01:24)hifihedgehog Wrote: I am also an early adopter and I have this very same issue where only stereo audio is available via the HDMI port. I tried several different HDMI 2.0 compliant cables just to see if the cable was the culprit but no luck. I have no issues whatsoever with my other older NUC5i7RYH outputting multichannel surround audio via my Denon AVR-S910W receiver. I tried both the latest and the previous released graphics driver, which would contain the Intel Display Audio driver, but still no luck.

For info - HDMI audio is carried on the same pins as video (it is carried in the same data stream as video during blanking periods where these signals don't carry picture information) - so cable changing won't usually sort audio problems if you have solid video (if you have sparkly video or break-up then a cable issue may well be the cause)
(2016-05-18, 18:57)noggin Wrote:
(2016-05-17, 01:24)hifihedgehog Wrote: I am also an early adopter and I have this very same issue where only stereo audio is available via the HDMI port. I tried several different HDMI 2.0 compliant cables just to see if the cable was the culprit but no luck. I have no issues whatsoever with my other older NUC5i7RYH outputting multichannel surround audio via my Denon AVR-S910W receiver. I tried both the latest and the previous released graphics driver, which would contain the Intel Display Audio driver, but still no luck.

For info - HDMI audio is carried on the same pins as video (it is carried in the same data stream as video during blanking periods where these signals don't carry picture information) - so cable changing won't usually sort audio problems if you have solid video (if you have sparkly video or break-up then a cable issue may well be the cause)
I realized that long ago. The problem is no audio is passing at all, not even break up or static. So I thought that the maybe a faulty or subpar cable could be limiting or stopping audio playback entirely. After trying several different cables, I verified the cable was not the source of the problem. I turned my sights and tried different sampling rates (44.1 KHz to 96 KHz) and bit ranges (16-bit and 24-bit). I also verified this changing to a lower display resolution (1080P) did not fix this. I then tried the latest display driver and previously release driver. I also verified this did not alleviate the problem. I finally tried a beta BIOS from Intel support via email. I verified that this did not solve the issue, either. I received notice today in the Intel forums that someone owns the Skull Canyon with a Pioneer receiver that 5.1 sound is working properly for them. So it is likely an issue specific to the current generation of Denon receivers, including the AVR-S910W (mine) and the AVR-X6200 (the other user's in this forum). I will soon be opening a case with Denon as well so if Denon's hardware is the problem, they can release new firmware with a fix.
(2016-05-18, 18:41)ciscostud Wrote:
(2016-05-17, 01:24)hifihedgehog Wrote:

Thanks!

I am having the EXACT same problem with the Intel Skull Canyon NUC on Windows 10 that both of you describe above. I just received mine yesterday. You may or may not be happy to know that this problem with HDMI 5.1 or multichannel passthrough is effecting both my Yamaha 5600 sound bar and Yamaha 5100 AV Pre-Amp. So it is not just a Denon problem. It is a Yamaha problem too. I hear this may not be happening under Linux. It sounds to me like it is a Windows Driver Issue (Intel Display Audio?). I am also running the latest drivers with the Intel Driver Update Utility. I called this in also to Intel Support and they opened a case with the phone number above.

Cool! I have both a thread on the Intel support forums and a Reddit thread on the Intel NUC subreddit, linked below. Below also is a family member's Amazon review of the product. I will post a link to the fix at Reddit and the Intel support forums as soon as it comes.
https://www.reddit.com/r/intelnuc/commen...work_over/
https://communities.intel.com/thread/102165
http://www.amazon.com/review/R1I49QUJ7M4...6&store=pc
Did the menu change in the new update?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Looks like the Shield TV is getting some nice new upgrades. http://www.xda-developers.com/io-2016-nv...ving-room/

Now to hope 3D is one of them, but not holding my breath at this point Wink
(2016-05-19, 02:36)hifihedgehog Wrote:
(2016-05-18, 18:41)ciscostud Wrote:

Cool! I have both a thread on the Intel support forums and a Reddit thread on the Intel NUC subreddit, linked below. Below also is a family member's Amazon review of the product. I will post a link to the fix at Reddit and the Intel support forums as soon as it comes.
https://www.reddit.com/r/intelnuc/commen...work_over/
https://communities.intel.com/thread/102165
http://www.amazon.com/review/R1I49QUJ7M4...6&store=pc

I see Intel on their forum is suggesting you try the display port with an adapter on their new Skull Canyon NUC for 5.1 passthrough. It very well could work, but this is a work around and not a fix. It needs to work on HDMI!!
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10