• 5(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-03-30, 22:17)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-03-30, 22:11)wizziwig Wrote:
(2016-03-30, 18:42)hdmkv Wrote: @movie78, if you're indeed itchy, may I suggest this Asus I think @Stereodude suggested in the stickied 3D thread.

Stay away from Haswell (2xxxU) based Celerons if intend to play 3D Blurays in Windows. The Broadwell (3xxxU) based ones like those MSI Cubi should work fine according to Intel datasheets.

My next purchase is going to be i3 or i5 4th/5th/6th Gen or the Next Gen.

at this point you've spent so much you should just build a skylake i3 6300 HTPC ;-)

dont have to worry about these NUC issues, and your good to go for a KABY LAKE cpu once they are released.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
Agreed on upgrading to Kabylake once they release a new CPU, but HTPC are noise compare to NUC.

I already have Silverstone HTPC case and PSU, only thing missing is MTD and CPU.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-03-30, 23:59)movie78 Wrote: Agreed on upgrading to Kabylake once they release a new CPU, but HTPC are noise compare to NUC.

I already have Silverstone HTPC case and PSU, only thing missing is MTD and CPU.

ya thats always an issue, you can get close to totally silent with any PC. but a new PSU and Heatsink will set you back even more money.
hard to beat the performance/cost value still tho since you already have 1/2 the parts you need.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
(2016-03-31, 00:08)dukester Wrote:
(2016-03-30, 23:59)movie78 Wrote: Agreed on upgrading to Kabylake once they release a new CPU, but HTPC are noise compare to NUC.

ya thats always an issue, you can get close to totally silent with any PC. but a new PSU and Heatsink will set you back even more money.
hard to beat the performance/cost value still tho since you already have 1/2 the parts you need.
NUC/cubi/Brix are the way to go, consumer less power and less noisier.
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
(2016-03-31, 00:27)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-03-31, 00:08)dukester Wrote:

any experience with ambilight or lightpack or any of those backlight setups? im going to DIY one here im pretty sure, just want to be sure its got a chance of working with 3D
(2016-03-31, 00:36)dukester Wrote:
(2016-03-31, 00:27)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-03-31, 00:08)dukester Wrote: ya thats always an issue, you can get close to totally silent with any PC. but a new PSU and Heatsink will set you back even more money.

any experience with ambilight or lightpack or any of those backlight setups? im going to DIY one here im pretty sure, just want to be sure its got a chance of working with 3D

I bought the Arduino Uno R3 board but i haven't have chance to work on it, i just using the regular RGB light.
Let me know if you are able to do a complete setup.
(2016-03-31, 00:36)dukester Wrote: any experience with ambilight or lightpack or any of those backlight setups? im going to DIY one here im pretty sure, just want to be sure its got a chance of working with 3D

(2016-03-31, 00:50)movie78 Wrote: I bought the Arduino Uno R3 board but i haven't have chance to work on it, i just using the regular RGB light.
Let me know if you are able to do a complete setup.

I guess you guys don't believe in calibrated displays. SMPTE, ITU, ISF, THX and many others recommend D65 backlighting. Any other white/color defies the logic of calibration and I personally consider anything other than D65 as blashpemous esp., those red/purple/green colors Smile
@wesk05, are you an ISF calibrator? Just a wild guess Smile.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-03-31, 01:08)wesk05 Wrote: I guess you guys don't believe in calibrated displays. SMPTE, ITU, ISF, THX and many others recommend D65 backlighting. Any other white/color defies the logic of calibration and I personally consider anything other than D65 as blashpemous esp., those red/purple/green colors Smile

Ditto. (But I spend my work-life looking at properly calibrated broadcast OLED monitors displaying uncompressed or very lightly compressed content... )
I was using FLIRC w/my NUC, but just added NUC N2820 via Logitech Harmony's software and it works just as well w/Kodi...

How do I add context and overlay (codecinfo) functions? Those two are all I'm missing.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
I've been using the MCE Keyboard and MCE SE Keyboard device profiles with my Harmony. I never thought they would actually have the NUC itself in the database. I wonder if it provides anymore functionality than the 2 above do. Between those 2 and some keymap customizations I can do basically everything I want so far.
(2016-03-31, 01:39)hdmkv Wrote: I was using FLIRC w/my NUC, but just added NUC N2820 via Logitech Harmony's software and it works just as well w/Kodi...

How do I add context and overlay (codecinfo) functions? Those two are all I'm missing.
You need add MCE keyboard device, then add it with the NUC Activities, Once that's done assign C the MENU bottom on the remote.C=Context Menu

Do the same for INFO
(2016-03-31, 01:20)hdmkv Wrote: @wesk05, are you an ISF calibrator? Just a wild guess Smile.
May be Wink I don't calibrate consumer displays (except for family).
Just a quick update (I know you guys were holding your breath Big Grin) on my NUC issue... I figured out what the problem was. Turns out I had to set the HDMI Input display as PC Mode rather than Video on my Plasma TV. After doing that I was able to see the boot screen and enter the BIOS... One headache solved lol.
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2016-03-31, 11:25)ArieS Wrote: Just a quick update (I know you guys were holding your breath Big Grin) on my NUC issue... I figured out what the problem was. Turns out I had to set the HDMI Input display as PC Mode rather than Video on my Plasma TV. After doing that I was able to see the boot screen and enter the BIOS... One headache solved lol.

good to hear. It kinda sucked to hear it showed up DOA

Did you have to modify madnox to get it running on kodi 17?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10