• 12(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
+1.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
ok thx will keep the 60 euro one, who knows it will be a new model :p
(2016-04-05, 22:25)hdmkv Wrote: I'm just using Google Chrome for Amazon VOD/Prime and getting 1080p HD.
Ha! Will give that a try then, thanks!

(2016-04-06, 14:33)hdmkv Wrote: Both movie78 and I got the N2820. Didn't even know there was a newer N2830. And, yes, lip-sync error only affects some 3D ISO's. 2D is perfect, at least MKV's, as I don't have any 2D ISO's. Also 3D MVC MKV's are perfect.
Hmmm, I have the same NUC as you two and I do have lip sync delay on 3D MVC MKVs Confused
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
Maybe try adding 1.5 seconds delay on refresh rate change on those 2820 boxes, could give the box enough time to start playback synced from the get go.. Worth a try.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
Agree, worth a try.

When I get some time later today, let me re-test with at least 2-3 random 3D MKV's and report back. My test was with just one 3D ISO ('Ant-Man') that had lip-sync error on 2820 that I'd converted to MKV for test purposes.
My Family Room Theater
Double post.
(2016-04-06, 19:41)hdmkv Wrote: Agree, worth a try.

When I get some time later today, let me re-test with at least 2-3 random 3D MKV's and report back. My test was with just one 3D ISO ('Ant-Man') that had lip-sync error on 2820 that I'd converted to MKV for test purposes.

Ant-Man 3D.ISO is been my go to test for Lip-Sync

(2016-04-06, 19:47)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-04-06, 19:30)ArieS Wrote:
(2016-04-05, 22:25)hdmkv Wrote: I'm just using Google Chrome for Amazon VOD/Prime and getting 1080p HD.
Ha! Will give that a try then, thanks!

(2016-04-06, 14:33)hdmkv Wrote: Both movie78 and I got the N2820. Didn't even know there was a newer N2830. And, yes, lip-sync error only affects some 3D ISO's. 2D is perfect, at least MKV's, as I don't have any 2D ISO's. Also 3D MVC MKV's are perfect.
Hmmm, I have the same NUC as you two and I do have lip sync delay on 3D MVC MKVs Confused

My DN2820
April 1st build had less Lip-sync on 3D.ISO and 2D
March 25th build 3D.ISO Lip-sync error but quick FF does the trick.

@hdmkv

How is the test going with the D34010WYK1 i3-4010U?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
You know this lip-sync error, I'm seeing some reports by users w/i3's as well (like @weirdinin w/i3-3225). It also happens w/March 25 build on Dell 3050 (but okay w/April 1 build)... so, not an isolated issue to N2820. And, I also had it w/my i5 laptop no less several builds back when I first started testing MVC builds.
My Family Room Theater
Its hard to believe its a hardware limitation when the cpu usage doesnt seem to be very high with those 2820 nucs, another thing to try would be increase the memory dedicated to the GPU to something higher like 512 or even 1024 in the bios, might not do anything but it cant hurt, and yet another thing to do would be to find the Min and Max freq for the CPU and set the MIN freq alot higher and closer to the max freq, this wont let the CPU slow down so much on idle, it will use a bit more power but should still be ok, this might help also.

which april 1st build are you running?
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
In post #1 of this thread.
My Family Room Theater
So is the April 1st build better than the March 25th build as far as the severity of the lip sync error is concerned on the N2820? It also seems unlikely that the lip sync error would be because of under-performing hardware when a quick ff/rw fixes the issue. You would think if the hardware was having trouble keeping up that things would get out of sync again in 5 minutes or so. Of course I'm no developer so that's just uneducated speculation on my part. Big Grin
(2016-04-06, 20:07)dukester Wrote: Its hard to believe its a hardware limitation when the cpu usage doesnt seem to be very high with those 2820 nucs, another thing to try would be increase the memory dedicated to the GPU to something higher like 512 or even 1024 in the bios, might not do anything but it cant hurt, and yet another thing to do would be to find the Min and Max freq for the CPU and set the MIN freq alot higher and closer to the max freq, this wont let the CPU slow down so much on idle, it will use a bit more power but should still be ok, this might help also.

Will try that and see if it helps.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-04-06, 20:07)dukester Wrote: Its hard to believe its a hardware limitation when the cpu usage doesnt seem to be very high with those 2820 nucs, another thing to try would be increase the memory dedicated to the GPU to something higher like 512 or even 1024 in the bios, might not do anything but it cant hurt, and yet another thing to do would be to find the Min and Max freq for the CPU and set the MIN freq alot higher and closer to the max freq, this wont let the CPU slow down so much on idle, it will use a bit more power but should still be ok, this might help also.

Was thinking of that too, why if it lacks bit power, why not overclock it a bit?
(2016-04-06, 20:47)Skank Wrote:

Was thinking of that too, why if it lacks bit power, why not overclock it a bit?

Ya I personally would have no issue disabling any throttling and running it at or above the stock clocks, but I didn't recommend that as I don't personally own one and can't comment on the Temps when doing that.
(2016-04-06, 20:52)dukester Wrote:
(2016-04-06, 20:47)Skank Wrote:

Ya I personally would have no issue disabling any throttling and running it at or above the stock clocks, but I didn't recommend that as I don't personally own one and can't comment on the Temps when doing that.

I thought about overclocking it, but i haven't seen a good tutorial for DN2820Confused
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10