• 15(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
$124 w/HD Audio ,then I think the Raspberry Pi 3 is a better optionUndecided
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
As good I'd think, but you get the Intel 3D effect we love w/BT3, plus HD Netflix, HD Amazon, and any other light things you may want to do w/Win10 (due to ATOM processor).

I need to try to force install the audio driver @dukester tipped me on two pages back... which might just provide HD audio bitstreaming on BT3.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
@hdmkv and @movie78, I just want to say I appreciate what you both are doing A LOT!
As I am in no position to be testing various devices (lack of equipment, space, time.....etc), I am just waiting for a device to get both your 100% seal of approval to pull the trigger on that one RoflRofl

Please keep us posted about the BT3, as I am interested in a similar device (PIPO X6S, same chip), but also hesitating between that one and Beebox.
(2016-04-07, 15:17)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-04-07, 08:02)Skank Wrote:
(2016-04-07, 04:23)movie78 Wrote: April 1st Build Test Intel DN2820

So i increase the Dedicated Video Memory as suggested by @dukester from 64MB to 512MB, I have 8GB RAM but the Bios only allow me 512MB Max.
Dedicated Video Memory upgrade requirement.
2GB RAM = 64GB Dedicated Video Memory
4GB RAM = 512MB Dedicated Video Memory
8GB RAM = 1024MB or more Dedicated Video Memory

3D ISO Audio Sync = Better
2D MKV/ISO Audio = Good (just a little bit off)

The Audio-sync is a little bit improve after Dedicated Video Memory upgrade.

Huh you say you got 8 gig ram so u should be able to set video memory to 1024 or more.. Its in ur text, but u couldnt bios? Updated bios?
So lip sync is better thisway? Mmm interesting
Try the other things too the guy said to try.. Even clocking a bit higher?

Or another thing to do would be to find the Min and Max freq for the CPU and set the MIN freq alot higher and closer to the max freq, this wont let the CPU slow down so much on idle, it will use a bit more power but should still be ok, this might help also.

Hdmkv, u try this too?

Read that increase the sustained mode power to 25w improves the graphic performance, the default power is to set 15w.
Going to try that tonight....

Yeah try that too
New update from @afedchin April 7th Build
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
Okay guys, please see revised post #1 for link to Google Sheets for tracking Intel h/w for MVC going forward.
My Family Room Theater
(2016-04-07, 15:25)hdmkv Wrote: I had mentioned price only yesterday in my Beelink BT3 review, and looks like Everbuying now has it on a 'limited' sale for $124 shipped. Nice deal if you're okay w/HD audio output as lossless multichannel + would rather buy an all-inclusive box w/o building (or even putting together) anything. Only the EU plug version on sale, but as the PSU is 100-240v, those of us in the U.S. just need one of these.

$116.59 here

http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_288823.html
Yep, same box, better deal.
My Family Room Theater
@ hdmkv, thank you for all the wonderful contributions you made so people like me can actually make a good decision on what to buy. I have a question for you. Do you experience any audio/video sync issues? My current player won't sync if I have it on hdmi pass-through. It is an RK3288 player. What is the highest bitrate video you can play on your BT3 without any stutter?
@melhemk, @Fredabc, thanks for the thanks Smile.

Re: RK3288 boxes, maybe they have sync issues like RK3368? Have you tried disabling 'Sync playback to display' in Kodi settings, leaving only 'Adjust display refresh rate to match video' enabled?

Re: bitrates BT3 can handle, on my list to test today.
My Family Room Theater
I see this new Intel 3D and Himedia Q Pro are getting attention of new members to the forum and someone said that 3D is DEAD!!!Rolleyes
Yep, also look at the # of views vs. actual Kodi forum member replies. 3D... it's alive! it's alive!

My Family Room Theater
(2016-04-07, 20:42)hdmkv Wrote: @melhemk, @Fredabc, thanks for the thanks Smile.

Re: RK3288 boxes, maybe they have sync issues like RK3368? Have you tried disabling 'Sync playback to display' in Kodi settings, leaving only 'Adjust display refresh rate to match video' enabled?

Re: bitrates BT3 can handle, on my list to test today.

I have tried those settings. I think it is just under developed firmware. My Mede8er 800x3d plays 3D ISO movies perfect but data must reside on the hdd. Bluray MKV & ISO Steaming is a no go for some reason. I would like to buy myself the BT3 purely for 3D & HD audio.
Mede8er X3D was one of the best non-Kodi 3D players until about 2 years ago. It shouldn't have any issues streaming any MKV/ISO via NFS over wired.

With BT3, you won't get HD audio passthrough like Mede8er, only LPCM... but, I'll test the HD audio patch noted above and see if it does the trick. Will report back within the hour.
My Family Room Theater
Does the BT3 come with activated Windows 10? My Ara X5 does, but I read some of the other Intel boxes do not.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10