• 17(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-04-08, 01:54)hdmkv Wrote: Hey dude, I'm trying to settle on one as well Wink ... I want D34010WYK1 for its power, speed, but only if 3D MVC quality is as good as w/Dell 3050. W/my compulsive type 'A' nature, I'll have this figured out soon enough Big Grin!

Decision Decision
I have to pick between Dell 3050 and i3 Skylake (one more shot)
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-04-08, 02:02)bdreams Wrote: I think it's related to the 4 gen nucs don't know why the latest drivers have so much issue but I am glad I found one that works for me.
Not sure if you have other Intel MVC-compatible h/w to compare with, but are you noticing any ghosting and edge enhancement w/D54250WYK? Ghosting will look like smoke (for lack of a better word) or faint double-images behind objects and/or characters, and edge enhancement will exhibit halos around same things or the PQ will look unnaturally sharp.

(2016-04-08, 02:09)movie78 Wrote: Decision Decision
Personally, I'd love for you to re-try i3 Skylake Smile. Can't say anything about it though (other than @melhemk's comments here), but you can't go wrong w/Dell 3050 if you can get a good deal on it... unless @afedchin's new/upcoming builds break what's working great w/April 1 build for 3050.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-04-08, 02:09)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-04-08, 02:02)bdreams Wrote: I think it's related to the 4 gen nucs don't know why the latest drivers have so much issue but I am glad I found one that works for me.
Not sure if you have other Intel MVC-compatible h/w to compare with, but are you noticing any ghosting and edge enhancement w/D54250WYK? Ghosting will look like smoke (for lack of a better word) or faint double-images behind objects and/or characters, and edge enhancement will exhibit halos around same things or the PQ will look unnaturally sharp.

Personally, I'd love for you to re-try i3 Skylake Smile. Can't say anything about it though (other than @melhemk's comments here), but you can't go wrong w/Dell 3050 if you can get a good deal on it... [i]unless @afedchin's new/upcoming builds break what's working great w/April 1 build for 3050[/i].

That is the problem, thanks for the quick heads up on the i3 NUC...

Back to the drawing board!Big Grin
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
(2016-04-08, 02:09)hdmkv Wrote:

Can't say anything about Skylake (other than @melhemk's comments here), but you can't go wrong w/Dell 3050 if you can get a good deal on it... unless @afedchin's new builds break what's working great w/April 1 build for 3050.
sometimes but not has bad has other players and it will actually correct it self if you watch the movie long enough. its the first for a long time i actually watch a couple of 3d movies and see the clarity and like i said if ghosting appear its small and it usually get correctd and trust me i have tried quite a few players you name it so i am with this new build with windows its the best so far.
Ghosting w/3D and edge enhancement overall can be really bothersome, depending on how pronounced the artifacts are. Will need to thoroughly test D34010WYK1.
My Family Room Theater
(2016-04-08, 01:24)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-04-08, 00:38)bdreams Wrote: Good to here that make sure you disable any update for that driver because Windows will keep updating it. Did you keep the display audio driver of the 4331 package works better.
The GFX_Win7_8_8.1_64_10.18.10.3540.zip package updated both the display and audio drivers. I briefly tested TrueHD 7.1 and DTS-MA 7.1 w/this and both work flawlessly, but maybe I should, via Device Manager, update just the audio to latest. When you say "works better", how so?

@movie78, the only aspects that give me pause w/D34010WYK1 are possible ghosting and edge enhancement. Thought I noticed both when testing w/'Ant-Man' and 'Avatar'. But, not certain, which is why I need to test with a few movies for longer periods. I can confirm Dell 3050 is excellent though... for an all-inclusive budget option w/HD audio passthru and no lip-sync error (at least w/April 1 build), this is the best option.

For lack of better words that what i was seeing with i3 Skylake , called it blurriness.Confused

Did you try to disable all of the video enhancement?
Yes, all disabled. Watching a 3D movie in full in a bit on D34010WYK1... will report back tomorrow, after I re-watch segments of same on Dell 3050.
My Family Room Theater
(2016-04-07, 23:55)hdmkv Wrote: $199 if you buy full install, registered version. Free using unregistered, un-activated version. Has some limitations. Un-promoted for obvious reasons, but perfectly legal. A friend is a Microsoft developer, and says MS' plan isn't really to make money off the OS anymore, rather services, enterprise solutions, and subscriptions on top, with Windows just as the platform/ecosystem they want you aboard for everything from desktop, to mobile, to XBOX, etc. to sell you stuff they think they'll actually make money on.

An OEM 64-bit copy of Windows 10 Home sells on Amazon for $86.71.
Does anyone know, if a Celeron N3050 does 3D and Audio HD?
On http://ark.intel.com/de/products/79052/I...o-2_39-GHz is Intel® InTru™ 3D-Technik of NO, but for the Pentium N3700, wich is mentioned here, also.
Sorry its mentioned on the last line in post 3, so it looks like it works.
Why do you guys give up on dn2820 instead of trying to tweak in bios...
(2016-04-08, 02:35)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-04-08, 01:24)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-04-08, 00:38)bdreams Wrote: Good to here that make sure you disable any update for that driver because Windows will keep updating it. Did you keep the display audio driver of the 4331 package works better.
The GFX_Win7_8_8.1_64_10.18.10.3540.zip package updated both the display and audio drivers. I briefly tested TrueHD 7.1 and DTS-MA 7.1 w/this and both work flawlessly, but maybe I should, via Device Manager, update just the audio to latest. When you say "works better", how so?

@movie78, the only aspects that give me pause w/D34010WYK1 are possible ghosting and edge enhancement. Thought I noticed both when testing w/'Ant-Man' and 'Avatar'. But, not certain, which is why I need to test with a few movies for longer periods. I can confirm Dell 3050 is excellent though... for an all-inclusive budget option w/HD audio passthru and no lip-sync error (at least w/April 1 build), this is the best option.

For lack of better words that what i was seeing with i3 Skylake , called it blurriness.Confused

Did you try to disable all of the video enhancement?

Edge Enhancement is likely to give you artificially sharpened content with black/white edges added to what the drive thinks are edges. It's similar to 'sharpness' on TVs.

Blurriness and smeary motion is caused by Noise Reduction (where frames are averaged and blended to reduce noise - which should be random between frames)

Pretty certain my i5 Haswell NUC defaulted to nasty levels of both with a new driver install. I disabled app-specific settings for all processing, and made them driver specific, and disabled everything I could (just as I do with TVs)
(2016-04-08, 09:30)Skank Wrote: Why do you guys give up on dn2820 instead of trying to tweak in bios...

There is no more options to tweek the BIOS beside increasing the video RAM, I have do more some research.
Increase video ram, increase cpu speed..
(2016-04-08, 10:53)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-04-08, 09:30)Skank Wrote: Why do you guys give up on dn2820 instead of trying to tweak in bios...

There is no more options to tweek the BIOS beside increasing the video RAM, I have do more some research.

Turn that PROC IDLE SETTING to whatever is opposite of Low Power.

Also, looking at the bios pages its pretty clear they have limited every aspect of performance to the extreme on NUC's , obviously a trade off for the small size, low noise. IMO if you cant move all those MAX AMP sliders to 100% and run the hardware the at its stock levels and allowing it to use the proper/standard amount of power needed without overheating, I would consider them all basically broken. No?
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
On DN2820 maybe, but w/Dell 3050, which has a tad faster CPU w/J1800, 3D MVC is working w/o issues... I'm no expert, but assuming it's the clock speeds making the difference.
My Family Room Theater
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10