• 21(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-04-09, 23:56)hdmkv Wrote: Just pared-down home theater gear. RPi's, gone. All cheap Chinese Android boxes, gone. HiMedia Q10 Pro (pre-production unit soon to be replaced w/production version) and nVidia Shield are my only Android boxes. Still have faint hope nVidia will add MVC, but if not by year's end, it's gone as well.

Getting rid of all Intel h/w except D34010WYK1 NUC and Dell 3050. Former in dedicated HT (below), latter replacing Pi2 in secondary room w/3D display. I'm gonna be busy auctioning off all the removed gear on eBay. Saving up now for ATMOS and DTS:X sometime this year. Need new AVR and 4x height speakers.
How do we know that you have really pared-down? What is behind that white door? Big Grin
LOL Big Grin! I may have withdrawal symptoms and have to live vicariously through @movie78's gadget tryouts Wink.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-04-09, 23:43)dukester Wrote: This is interesting, I can see differences in sync with different types audio types in 0407 build, I think we can use Kodi a/v sync adjust to get measurements, but it's still slightly subjective.
I haven't yet tested 4/7 build. Yes, you can sort of use Kodi's adjustment to get close enough approximation of the sync. Most of use are likely to not notice an issue if the AV-sync is within a frame's time period (41ms for 23.976fps).
(2016-04-10, 00:08)hdmkv Wrote: LOL Big Grin! I may have withdrawal symptoms and have to live vicariously through @movie78's gadget tryouts Wink.
Rofl
(2016-04-10, 00:08)hdmkv Wrote: LOL Big Grin! I may have withdrawal symptoms and have to live vicariously through @movie78's gadget tryouts Wink.

Lol...LaughLaugh

So what is going to be your main player?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
D34010WYK1 NUC as my PJ isn't 4K capable. Next upgrade is ATMOS/DTS:X, then keep fingers crossed for affordable 4K DLP PJ. Will need to keeps eyes open for what gets announced at CEDIA in mid-September.

BTW, your avatar gets me everytime... Ray Charles, who was blind, wearing 3D glasses?... sure, why not?! Smile
My Family Room Theater
(2016-04-10, 01:32)hdmkv Wrote: D34010WYK1 NUC as my PJ isn't 4K capable. Next upgrade is ATMOS/DTS:X, then keep fingers crossed for affordable 4K DLP PJ. Will need to keeps eyes open for what gets announced at CEDIA in mid-September.

BTW, your avatar gets me everytime... Ray Charles, who was blind, wearing 3D glasses?... sure, why not?! Smile

Ray Charles ,because I can't see in 2D only in 3D.
Can't wait for DLP 4K projector for TI optoma and BenQ get released.

So have you scraped your entire movie collection with D34010WYK?
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
(2016-04-09, 20:51)hdmkv Wrote: Thanks... just install this? And, which version: 2.7.11 or 3.5.1? I know nothing about python, other than the snake variety Wink.

Thanks... the trick to just copy over the python27.dll from April 1 build worked fine. Instructions in post #1 here.

(2016-04-10, 02:52)movie78 Wrote: Ray Charles ,because I can't see in 2D only in 3D.
Can't wait for DLP 4K projector for TI optoma and BenQ get released.

So have you scraped your entire movie collection with D34010WYK?
Good point Smile ... and re: scraping, yes, did all my movies and TV shows yesterday. I've been using Ember (and now tMM) so I have locally saved moviename.nfo, folder.jpg, fanart.jpg with all my titles. Makes scanning better as I get the exact artwork and metadata I want.

Watched the first 3D ISO from start-to-finish on D34010WYK w/family yesterday and loved every minute of it. It was 'Jack the Giant Slayer'. Surprised this movie didn't get better review as it's lots of fun, and 3D is fairly strong.
My Family Room Theater
(2016-04-10, 16:29)hdmkv Wrote: Good point Smile ... and re: scraping, yes, did all my movies and TV shows yesterday. I've been using Ember (and now tMM) so I have locally saved moviename.nfo, folder.jpg, fanart.jpg with all my titles. Makes scanning better as I get the exact artwork and metadata I want.

Definitely the best way to handle your library IMHO. Far better than using scrapers based on filename only, particularly if you often need to re-import. I use MyMovies mainly - but am looking at Ember and MediaElch.
I moved from Ember to tMM last year, but latter isn't as customizable as what not to scrape. I don't care for URL's, actor thumbs, studios, etc., and with tMM, I have to manually edit the NFO's. May move back to Ember, and also look into MediaElch, which I wasn't aware about.
My Family Room Theater
(2016-04-10, 17:04)hdmkv Wrote: I moved from Ember to tMM last year, but latter isn't as customizable as what not to scrape. I don't care for URL's, actor thumbs, studios, etc., and with tMM, I have to manually edit the NFO's. May move back to Ember, and also look into MediaElch, which I wasn't aware about.

I like MyMovies - the barcode functionality is great. I used to use a webcam but bought a cheap £20 USB scanner on eBay. Rip Blu-ray or DVD, scan bar code on the back, instantly loads the correct artwork and details for the specific release. It's based on release rather than movie, and sometimes is less than ideal with box sets (if the discs aren't individually coded). Still not sure the best functionality for DVDs or Blu-rays of TV shows though.

I've used it longer than I've used Kodi/XBMC for main media centre duties - and used to be based on Windows Media Centre with PowerDVD + VirtualCD.
(2016-04-10, 17:04)hdmkv Wrote: I moved from Ember to tMM last year, but latter isn't as customizable as what not to scrape. I don't care for URL's, actor thumbs, studios, etc., and with tMM, I have to manually edit the NFO's. May move back to Ember, and also look into MediaElch, which I wasn't aware about.

After selling my Dune(MyMovie) long time ago, i have always use Kodi for scraping,How good is TMM?

I started with kodi scraper, then ember then tMM then final with emby
Staying with emby now. Best of all
U should try it
(2016-04-10, 18:37)movie78 Wrote:

After selling my Dune(MyMovie) long time ago, i have always use Kodi for scraping,How good is TMM?

Me too, i use a mysql database also so on the rare occasion something scrapes with wrong or invalid info i just need to fix it once and the database gets updated, i also keep my advancedsettings.xml file ready to go on my server so worst case i can start from scratch by just installing latest kodi and adding advancedsettings file, besides a quick run through the menus im pretty good to go where i left off, im running like this on 2x FireTV 1x Nexus Player, an Intel HTPC, a RPi and a miniMX all on separate TV's and sometimes 4 could be going at once.

What am i missing that these external programs do that make them a better solution?
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10