• 22(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-04-10, 18:54)dukester Wrote: ...i use a mysql database also so on the rare occasion something scrapes with wrong or invalid info i just need to fix it once and the database gets updated...
What am i missing that these external programs do that make them a better solution?
More control, and with each movie/TV folder, same metadata and artwork get picked up in all Kodi boxes. But, sounds like you're doing the similar w/your mysql database to keep your Kodi library centralized? Otherwise, you'd need to scape and fix incorrectly identified content, or artwork you want to alter, w/every Kodi box you have.

On a different note, I just tried April 7 build on DN2820FYKH NUC and found lip-sync error worse than previous builds. April 1 and 7 both work well on Dell 3050. movie78, have you tried April 7? Never mind, I see you did.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-04-10, 19:11)hdmkv Wrote: On a different note, I just tried April 7 build on DN2820FYKH NUC and found lip-sync error worse than previous builds. April 1 and 7 both work well on Dell 3050.

These are the average AV-sync errors that I got from Sync-One2 on my Haswell system with the different Kodi builds. The first column is with "adjust display refresh rate" set to "Start/Stop", the second column is with "adjust display refresh rate" set to off and Intel HD Graphics output set to 1080p23 (the test pattern has 23.976 frame rate). 3/25 build seems to have the lowest error.

Hdmkv,
You should try emby for centralise database.. Its even better
Concerning dn2820 strange lipsync is worse...
Im very curious if i will notice..
(2016-04-10, 20:21)Skank Wrote: Concerning dn2820 strange lipsync is worse...
Im very curious if i will notice..

You can test it using the test pattern that I have linked in my post.
It's very noticeable w/April 7 on DN2820.

@wesk05, thanks, I'll be using your test pattern going forward.
My HT
if your getting sync issues with standard 2D playback, maybe install the plain kodi master nightly and test. i bet you get issues there too, which means sync issues have nothing to do with the MVC build and something to do with Kodi or drivers or something else in general. I think afedchin was looking for sync issues specifically with 3d MVC content.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-04-10, 20:41)hdmkv Wrote: @wesk05, thanks, I'll be using your test pattern going forward.
It is not my test pattern Wink It is from Spears & Munsil HD Benchmark & Calibration Disc 2nd. ed.
(2016-04-10, 20:56)dukester Wrote: if your getting sync issues with standard 2D playback, maybe install the plain kodi master nightly and test. i bet you get issues there too, which means sync issues have nothing to do with the MVC build and something to do with Kodi or drivers or something else in general. I think afedchin was looking for sync issues specifically with 3d MVC content.
I actually get different numbers with the 3D version of the test pattern esp., for DTS-HD Master Audio. Also, AV-sync is totally messed up in 2D playback from 3D MVC ISO/MKV of the test pattern. I may have to repeat the tests on a Pi2 to check whether this is platform dependent or not.
(2016-04-10, 20:20)wesk05 Wrote: These are the average AV-sync errors that I got from Sync-One2 on my Haswell system with the different Kodi builds. The first column is with "adjust display refresh rate" set to "Start/Stop", the second column is with "adjust display refresh rate" set to off and Intel HD Graphics output set to 1080p23 (the test pattern has 23.976 frame rate). 3/25 build seems to have the lowest error.

Have you tested any other builds besides this experimental MVC version using this method? I wonder how much of that a/v sync error is just inherent to Kodi in general. Would be interesting to see if non-Windows like OpenElec does any better, including on devices like Rpi.
(2016-04-10, 20:20)wesk05 Wrote:
(2016-04-10, 19:11)hdmkv Wrote: On a different note, I just tried April 7 build on DN2820FYKH NUC and found lip-sync error worse than previous builds. April 1 and 7 both work well on Dell 3050.

These are the average AV-sync errors that I got from Sync-One2 on my Haswell system with the different Kodi builds. The first column is with "adjust display refresh rate" set to "Start/Stop", the second column is with "adjust display refresh rate" set to off and Intel HD Graphics output set to 1080p23 (the test pattern has 23.976 frame rate). 3/25 build seems to have the lowest error.

Is this with bitstreamed audio for the three different formats, or with audio decoded to multichannel PCM?

One 23.976p frame has a duration of 41.7ms, so we're looking at between 0.5 and 4.5 frames of A/V delay.
Do you guys just overwrite each build when testing?
Or when going back to earlier build?
(2016-04-11, 10:51)Skank Wrote: Do you guys just overwrite each build when testing?
Or when going back to earlier build?

Overwrite back and forth..
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
ok good
gonna install windows tonight and test latest kodi version

any settings for windows? graka?

i read i should use intel's utility from the site
I've been uninstalling old every time as @afedchin suggested, only leaving the 'do you want to remove the profile...' box unchecked during uninstall, so next install retains my settings, sources, etc.

Re: settings, see @afedchin's instructions and yes, the Intel driver utility graphics/audio driver combo works best for N2820.
My HT
(2016-04-11, 13:21)Skank Wrote: ok good
gonna install windows tonight and test latest kodi version

any settings for windows? graka?

i read i should use intel's utility from the site

i would just install windows / do updates , install kodi and test. im back on 0401 personally

i also just install right overtop, during install, it prompts to keep user data then it proceeds to say uninstalling previous versions before it installs again. figured its just doing the same thing anyways.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10