• 30(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-04-13, 22:38)noggin Wrote: I keep meaning to do this with VALID. I'd need to ingest a VALID test clip in FCP or Avid and trust that the Kona capture cards we use don't do anything nasty (the audio will come in embedded in the HD-SDI) If I then play out the recording via HDMI at 1080i25 (or possibly 720p50) and assuming our HDMI to HD-SDI converters only add a small delay (and I don't route through a synchroniser) I could get a basic VALID answer (ignoring AC3) for PCM stereo.

I'd be interested in the results of this for Pi (as well as other platforms).
There is a patch in fernetmenta's branch that adds an extra one or two (display) frames of latency to audio (depending on whether renderer is double or triple buffered).
I have a suspicion we should be doing that (especially after recent VideoPlayer changes have added at least one frame of latency to video).
Would be nice to know if the right number to add is 0, 1, 2, 3...

If you do test, then running display at 24Hz and 60Hz would be interesting (possibly the 60Hz case will be more accurate if the error is, say, two vsyncs).
Also test with "adjust display refresh rate to match video" enabled/disabled (which could affect A/V latency).
And on Pi run with OMXPlayer enabled/disabled (different code paths so potentially different settings).
Testing a nightly build would be more useful (the answers may well be quite different from stable builds - but we want a fix for the future, not the past).
(2016-04-13, 23:12)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-04-13, 22:38)noggin Wrote: I keep meaning to do this with VALID. I'd need to ingest a VALID test clip in FCP or Avid and trust that the Kona capture cards we use don't do anything nasty (the audio will come in embedded in the HD-SDI) If I then play out the recording via HDMI at 1080i25 (or possibly 720p50) and assuming our HDMI to HD-SDI converters only add a small delay (and I don't route through a synchroniser) I could get a basic VALID answer (ignoring AC3) for PCM stereo.

I'd be interested in the results of this for Pi (as well as other platforms).
There is a patch in fernetmenta's branch that adds an extra one or two (display) frames of latency to audio (depending on whether renderer is double or triple buffered).
I have a suspicion we should be doing that (especially after recent VideoPlayer changes have added at least one frame of latency to video).

If you do test, then running display at 24Hz and 60Hz would be interesting (possibly the 60Hz case will be more accurate if the error is, say, two vsyncs).
Also test with "adjust display refresh rate to match video" enabled/disabled (which could affect A/V latency).
And on Pi run with OMXPlayer enabled/disabled (different code paths so potentially different settings).
Testing a nightly build would be more useful (the answers may well be quite different from stable builds - but we want a fix for the future, not the past).

Suspect it will be 1080/50i or 720/50p only I think I only have 50i VALID available. It's not something I'll be able to do tomorrow. Will take a bit of work to get everything sorted - and to ensure I'm not adding delays elsewhere.
(2016-04-13, 23:12)popcornmix Wrote: There is a patch in fernetmenta's branch that adds an extra one or two (display) frames of latency to audio (depending on whether renderer is double or triple buffered).
If I understand you guys, there may be a way, via code, to address the lip-sync error in Intel h/w, as well as RPi's and other platforms by adjusting audio depending on type of display render? Would there be variance between all the different h/w types w/Kodi 17 and videoplayer, or something more standardized? And @noggin, why not the most common 23.976 for movie/TV content?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-04-14, 01:20)hdmkv Wrote: And @noggin, why not the most common 23.976 for movie/TV content?

There is next to no live multi-camera studio or outside broadcast production in 23.976...

In the UK it's pretty much universally 1080/50i (aka 1080i25) for studio and OB, with 1080/25p (aka 1080p25) acquisition for the bulk of location shoots (with some 1080/50i and a bit of '4K/25' nibbling around the high-end edges). If you have equipment to detect live lip-sync issues - it will be for 576/50i SD and 1080/50i HD pretty much universally. It's particularly live paths that VALID is designed to check. (You can't fix live shows in the edit later...)
new mvc test build

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...vc_wip.exe
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-04-14, 03:34)dukester Wrote: new mvc test build

Was this release by @afedchin?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-04-14, 04:07)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-04-14, 03:34)dukester Wrote: new mvc test build

Was this release by @afedchin?

Not sure, I'm a test first ask questions later kinda guy Cool
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
Looks like this is what is new in the latest build:
[RenderSytemDX] Another way to avoid ghosting for stereo 3D mode. (commit: 08fabf3199dceb03564d22af10f523d77d9a472c) (detail / githubweb)
(2016-04-12, 22:57)hdmkv Wrote: WASAPI HDMI for audio, and fullscreen window setting unchecked... and read post #1 in dev thread as all settings suggestions there... 'Stereoscopic 3D rendering' section, and 'Preferable Kodi Setting'.

(2016-04-12, 22:46)Skank Wrote: 3d depth and quality is amazing!
Welcome to the Intel MVC club Smile! Another convert among us! Some have discounted several of us saying how great the Intel PQ is (1's and 0's after all), but your impressions now add to what's becoming a chorus of us see otherwise first hand!

Settings in kodi are like that, how it should be
I'm asking for settings of intel video settings...
Also why isnt my hdaudio passthrough not working?
Something i'm missing, not sure what..
everything seems ok
Well I got my Dell 3050 yesterday. Just need time to finish setup before testing. I threw in an 8GB stick of RAM I had lying around and got Windows 10 LTSB all setup. Things appear to be working great, speed wise isn't too bad either. I ended up using Driver Booster to install most drivers. Their database has quite a few new drivers over what Microsoft Update and Intel Update utilities could find. I set the power options to max performance on the machine and have it set to never sleep. The plan is to leave it running 24x7 no sleep. I have a kill-a-watt lying around so I will get some measurements off that during idle/kodi processing. Looking forward to contributing where I can! Thanks again to movie78 and hdmkv for their excellent work so far!
@Skank, for audio, can you check two things:
  1. Right-click audio icon is taskbar at bottom-right, choose 'Playback devices', make sure the right device is set as default. Also, click 'Configure', set to 7.1 and apply.
  2. In Kodi, make sure you have WASAPI HDMI selected for audio under 'Passthrough output device', not just at the top where it says 'Audio output device'.
For Intel video settings:
  1. Right-click 'Intel HD Graphics' icon in bottom-right of taskbar and choose 'Graphics Properties...'
  2. Click 'Video' icon.
  3. Under 'Image Enhancement', disable 'Skin Tone Enhancement'.
  4. If there's an 'Advanced' tab there (depends on h/w), go to it and disable both 'Contrast Enhancement' and 'Film Mode Detection' (latter will be done by Kodi).

@sarcoptic, didn't know about Driver Booster; thanks. Will add to post #1 as another option to Intel's driver utility and Windows update.
My HT
(2016-04-14, 14:23)sarcoptic Wrote: Well I got my Dell 3050 yesterday. Just need time to finish setup before testing. I threw in an 8GB stick of RAM I had lying around and got Windows 10 LTSB all setup. Things appear to be working great, speed wise isn't too bad either. I ended up using Driver Booster to install most drivers. Their database has quite a few new drivers over what Microsoft Update and Intel Update utilities could find. I set the power options to max performance on the machine and have it set to never sleep. The plan is to leave it running 24x7 no sleep. I have a kill-a-watt lying around so I will get some measurements off that during idle/kodi processing. Looking forward to contributing where I can! Thanks again to movie78 and hdmkv for their excellent work so far!

Welcome to this 3D craziness journey and I hope you are here to stayLaugh
Right underneath the signature you should an icon THANK USER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
Ya know, Intel PQ has really spoiled me! Just got my HiMedia Q10 Pro, the final production unit (vs. pre-production I've had until now). If not for Intel, I'd be gaga over its 3D PQ, which is excellent... but Intel PQ in comparison is excellent-er Wink. Other players just can't match the vibrancy, rich colors, that depth, those details. And, this is with Q10 Pro having its terrific Imprex PQ engine 2.0!
My HT
(2016-04-14, 14:45)hdmkv Wrote: Ya know, Intel PQ has really spoiled me! Just got my HiMedia Q10 Pro, the final production unit (vs. pre-production I've had until now). If not for Intel, I'd be gaga over its 3D PQ, which is excellent... but Intel PQ in comparison is excellent-er Wink. Other players just can't match the vibrancy, rich colors, that depth, those details. And, this is with Q10 Pro having its terrific Imprex PQ engine 2.0!

That's what I said when I first try @afedchin Intel 3D MVC build and I got kill for saying that, The Himedia Imprex Engine was the best for 3D until Intel came aroundWink
Stumbled upon this, which looks cool for using Netflix on any HTPC with the Win8/10 app store version...
http://sticky-ux.com/apps/NetflixRemoteController/

Only thing I'm missing w/NUC is being able to launch via Kodi Netflix (above) and Amazon VOD (just via Google browser). Advanced Launcher programs add-on is dead, and Chrome Launcher add-on also seems dead (or at least non-functional).

Having above work would make NUC's more all-in-one media boxes. Doesn't appear you can navigate Windows 10's metro (or tablet) mode via a remote. Tried MCE remote and didn't work, and would prefer not to use an air-mouse.
My HT
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10