• 33(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
The url is weird looking, I looked twice when posting it too. I should note that I noticed no difference between official drivers or the last 2 betas. I saw this beta addressed some playback things so I installed it.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
Got it. That last dash was throwing Chrome browser off here.

And, this beta driver was for your Intel i3 6300 right? Added here. If incorrect, please edit.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
I don't have any issues with the beta drivers, old drivers, or the most recent driver.

@hdmkv, you can add me to the D54250WYK list as working. I think one thing to note if possible would also be 3D type (passive or active - maybe just go with a TV category?) since active worked great for me, but passive I saw blurriness and other issues that have been fixed (or is about to be fixed).
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
(2016-04-16, 15:23)hdmkv Wrote: That link isn't complete... can you re-post so I can add it to spreadsheet in post #1? Also, @dukester, yours is N2820 right, and @Skank's N2830? Guess latter is a h/w rev by Intel. @Skank, which graphics/driver version?

Yes i got th dn2820 but with 2830 proc (it is sold as dn2820)
Its easy to get one.. As you can ask for a unit that has an SA number ending on 103 or above
Easy, just ask seller

Im using this driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...Y-DE3815TY
Fastforward isnt. Working here, nor is jumping to those time frames, cant remember how its called
(2016-04-16, 19:35)timstephens24 Wrote: I don't have any issues with the beta drivers, old drivers, or the most recent driver.

@hdmkv, you can add me to the D54250WYK list as working. I think one thing to note if possible would also be 3D type (passive or active - maybe just go with a TV category?) since active worked great for me, but passive I saw blurriness and other issues that have been fixed (or is about to be fixed).

That's confusing - surely the output is the same irrespective of the display type used if they are being fed the same signal? There are differences in the quality of picture that the two display techs can deliver - but that shouldn't vary much between movies?

Passive Full HD sets will obviously have half the vertical resolution of Full HD Active sets by the nature of their display technology - using alternate polarisation for each line so will potentially look lower resolution. However if you have a Passive UHD set - as I do with the an i5-4250U NUC - which delivers the same vertical resolution as an Active Full HD display why should there be any difference?

I'm a bit confused. (I've not had blurriness or crosstalk issues that were any different from a 3D Blu-ray player with my i5-NUC)
I had a lot of 'ghosting' issues after I switched my TV's, so maybe it's just seeing different issues since the display type is different. It was a very noticeable difference on animated films, and the test file that has the turtles in the ocean really displayed the issue well.

It was definitely noticeable if I put in the 3D Blu-Ray and then switch back to my NUC. That issue's been fixed though, so maybe it's now a non-issue? Wish I had better answers for you as to the specifics, because I thought that same as you.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
(2016-04-17, 13:55)timstephens24 Wrote: I had a lot of 'ghosting' issues after I switched my TV's, so maybe it's just seeing different issues since the display type is different. It was a very noticeable difference on animated films, and the test file that has the turtles in the ocean really displayed the issue well.

It was definitely noticeable if I put in the 3D Blu-Ray and then switch back to my NUC. That issue's been fixed though, so maybe it's now a non-issue? Wish I had better answers for you as to the specifics, because I thought that same as you.

You have a pioneer vsx 1130 k?
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
(2016-04-17, 13:55)timstephens24 Wrote: I had a lot of 'ghosting' issues after I switched my TV's, so maybe it's just seeing different issues since the display type is different. It was a very noticeable difference on animated films, and the test file that has the turtles in the ocean really displayed the issue well.

My Passive UHD display is pretty critical with regard to viewing height. If you are not square on to the display you get crosstalk.
(2016-04-17, 14:34)dukester Wrote:

I have a general question. I also run Kodi with a Intel Nuc (5i5RYK).
Do you output "real" 3D via Kodi 15 or 16? On the end MVC 3D?

Or do you use the new Kodi 17 under Windows 10?
(2016-04-17, 14:46)noggin Wrote:

My Passive UHD display is pretty critical with regard to viewing height. If you are not square on to the display you get crosstalk.

Mine too, 4k LG passive. Titling mount is key
(2016-04-17, 14:55)Bladerunner1962 Wrote:
(2016-04-17, 14:34)dukester Wrote:

I have a general question. I also run Kodi with a Intel Nuc (5i5RYK).
Do you output "real" 3D via Kodi 15 or 16? On the end MVC 3D?

Or do you use the new Kodi 17 under Windows 10?

Only the 17 mvc test build supports full 3D on Windows.
(2016-04-16, 19:35)timstephens24 Wrote: @hdmkv, you can add me to the D54250WYK list as working.
D54250WYK is already on the spreadsheet. I added you as another verified user, under 'Comments' column.

(2016-04-17, 10:30)Skank Wrote: Yes i got th dn2820 but with 2830 proc (it is sold as dn2820)
Its easy to get one.. As you can ask for a unit that has an SA number ending on 103 or above
So, it has the same Intel NUC DN2820FYKH model # even though its a 2830 CPU?
My Family Room Theater
(2016-04-17, 17:00)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-04-16, 19:35)timstephens24 Wrote: @hdmkv, you can add me to the D54250WYK list as working.
D54250WYK is already on the spreadsheet. I added you as another verified user, under 'Comments' column.

(2016-04-17, 10:30)Skank Wrote: Yes i got th dn2820 but with 2830 proc (it is sold as dn2820)
So, it has the same Intel NUC DN2820FYKH model # even though its a 2830 CPU?

Yes thats correct
IT is the same nuc dn2820
you can only see its 2830 if u look at the number on the box ending on 103 or above
(off course you can see it in bios and windows settings as well that it is 2830

But when you buy the dn2820 it is sold as 2820 although it contains the 2830

I got perfect audio sync with all builds starting from 25 march, tested all
Ah, okay. Worth hunting for 2830 it appears as you're not having the annoying lip-sync error @movie78 and I, and maybe others, saw w/2820.
My Family Room Theater
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10