• 34(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-04-17, 14:34)dukester Wrote:
(2016-04-17, 13:55)timstephens24 Wrote: I had a lot of 'ghosting' issues after I switched my TV's, so maybe it's just seeing different issues since the display type is different. It was a very noticeable difference on animated films, and the test file that has the turtles in the ocean really displayed the issue well.

It was definitely noticeable if I put in the 3D Blu-Ray and then switch back to my NUC. That issue's been fixed though, so maybe it's now a non-issue? Wish I had better answers for you as to the specifics, because I thought that same as you.

You have a pioneer vsx 1130 k?

Yup, it's been great. I love this little guy (just wish there was a DTS:X upgrade option, which I figured there was until after I bought it)

(2016-04-17, 14:46)noggin Wrote:
(2016-04-17, 13:55)timstephens24 Wrote: I had a lot of 'ghosting' issues after I switched my TV's, so maybe it's just seeing different issues since the display type is different. It was a very noticeable difference on animated films, and the test file that has the turtles in the ocean really displayed the issue well.

It was definitely noticeable if I put in the 3D Blu-Ray and then switch back to my NUC. That issue's been fixed though, so maybe it's now a non-issue? Wish I had better answers for you as to the specifics, because I thought that same as you.

My Passive UHD display is pretty critical with regard to viewing height. If you are not square on to the display you get crosstalk.

Oh yeah, definitely. I learned that right away when I replaced my TV and the new one was up too high while I was trying to play Guardians of the Galaxy in 3D. Got a new stand and it's pretty much centered at my sitting location.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
(2016-04-17, 17:12)hdmkv Wrote: Ah, okay. Worth hunting for 2830 it appears as you're not having the annoying lip-sync error @movie78 and I, and maybe others, saw w/2820.

Definately
(2016-04-17, 18:12)timstephens24 Wrote:
(2016-04-17, 14:34)dukester Wrote:

You have a pioneer vsx 1130 k?

Yup, it's been great. I love this little guy (just wish there was a DTS:X upgrade option, which I figured there was until after I bought it)

yes no dts:x but so far there is not much in terms of content for X, I love the AVR so far but have an issue, can you confirm it also.. not all DTS-HD MA 7.1 tracks are reported as 7.1 in the pioneer AV5 control app. Do you use that app? and can you test a few dts-hd titles and see what results you get on your end? basically i see 5.1 dts-hd ma for about 70-80% of all my 7.1 tracked dts movies... its annoying and hopefully Pioneer fixes it.

i see this with alot of 7.1 dts ma encoded movies..

https://goo.gl/photos/ZQv4ZaLWAXEUeanC7

samples below exibit same thing, first one with paint cans shows playback as 5.1 dts-hd ma, the next one, with the couple on the couch plays as 7.1 dts-hd ma

http://www.demo-world.eu/download-2d-tra...mphony.jpg

http://www.demo-world.eu/download-2d-tra...ersion.jpg
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
What do you guys use again to see absolutely nothing of windows? Not even splash screen
I'm seeing easily noticeable lip-sync error for the first time with D34010WYK1 NUC with April 13 build. Anyone else?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
@hdmkv try displaying something on screen while it's running (like the info screen that displays cpu usage) I'm guessing as long as that is on screen you won't lose sync.
(2016-04-17, 21:08)Skank Wrote: What do you guys use again to see absolutely nothing of windows? Not even splash screen

This what i was using before i join the Android bandwagonWink
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-04-17, 22:15)hdmkv Wrote: I'm seeing easily noticeable lip-sync error for the first time with D34010WYK1 NUC with April 13 build. Anyone else?

These is going to be a marathon with @afedchin build Lip-Sync issue.
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
Yep, this is the most serious and annoying bug there is. And, seems the most difficult to squash and keep it squashed through builds.

Dell 3050 still good with April 13 build.
My Family Room Theater
(2016-04-18, 00:19)hdmkv Wrote: Yep, this is the most serious and annoying bug there is. And, seems the most difficult to squash and keep it squashed through builds.

Dell 3050 still good with April 13 build.
The Dell 3050 still works without issues with April 13 build, let me see if I can find a good deal on this one,the lowest I have seen is $131.
No guarantees as these builds progress... I'd wait until a $99 deal pops up again. Dell had lip-sync error with March 25 build.
My Family Room Theater
(2016-04-18, 00:31)hdmkv Wrote: No guarantees as these builds progress... I'd wait until a $99 deal pops up again. Dell had lip-sync error with March build.

These Lip-Sync error is getting a little bit annoying, now I am stuck and don't know what to buy..
Should other products with the J1800 or J1900 SoC perform similarly to the Dell 3050 ? I thought there was a consensus that these were rubbish due to not having enough EUs on the GPU ? I have a J1900 ITX mobo in my server that I may someday repurpose as a HTPC now.
(2016-04-18, 00:36)feathers Wrote: Should other products with the J1800 or J1900 SoC perform similarly to the Dell 3050 ? I thought there was a consensus that these were rubbish due to not having enough EUs on the GPU ? I have a J1900 ITX mobo in my server that I may someday repurpose as a HTPC now.

The same hardware doesn't mean its going work the same, the 3050 has Dell drivers and that could be the difference.
(2016-04-17, 22:15)hdmkv Wrote: I'm seeing easily noticeable lip-sync error for the first time with D34010WYK1 NUC with April 13 build. Anyone else?

(2016-04-17, 23:32)Statikk Wrote: @hdmkv try displaying something on screen while it's running (like the info screen that displays cpu usage) I'm guessing as long as that is on screen you won't lose sync.

Yeah same here, @Statikk knows the issue. I'm pretty sure this was fixed (according to comments/code submissions) on github, it just hasn't been pushed into a new build yet.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10