• 35(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
@timstephens24 I saw your post regarding it the other day and when I tried out the 4/13 build I experienced the exact same. Lip sync would get way out of sync and video would drop frames. Put up any kind of osd and it's absolutely perfect. Makes me thing this dn2820 has plenty of power to handle it. The cpu usage never passes mid 30s and it can apparently play flawlessly. I'm really looking forward to the next build!
(2016-04-18, 00:35)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-04-18, 00:31)hdmkv Wrote: No guarantees as these builds progress... I'd wait until a $99 deal pops up again. Dell had lip-sync error with March build.

These Lip-Sync error is getting a little bit annoying, now I am stuck and don't know what to buy..

i dont think anything you can buy will fix it.. i can say at this point i woud pay anything for a RPi 4 with 2GB of ram HEVC support and a 2ghz cpu.

these lip sync errors are not mvc related im starting to think. i installed a recent main branch nightly and many non-3D iso and mkv files with HD audio were out of sync.. sometimes, sometimes the sync is perfect. its random here.

for me True HD is worse that DTS HD.

i have better "sync" with the 3D builds from afedchin here for what its worth.

currently still testing the 0411 build as its working best for me, 0413 results in a bunch of issues with connections, scrapers, pvr addons.. etc etc. so i stayed at 0411. 0325 was decent too iirc.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-04-18, 00:57)Statikk Wrote: Lip sync would get way out of sync and video would drop frames. Put up any kind of osd and it's absolutely perfect. Makes me thing this dn2820 has plenty of power to handle it. The cpu usage never passes mid 30s and it can apparently play flawlessly. I'm really looking forward to the next build!
+1. CPU doesn't seem to be a factor, especially when a supposedly 'rubbish' Celeron J1800 doesn't have issue, while an i3 does, at least w/April 13 build.

And, @feathers, I'd be very curious how your J1900 performs.

(2016-04-18, 01:01)dukester Wrote: i dont think anything you can buy will fix it.. i can say at this point i woud pay anything for a RPi 4 with 2GB of ram HEVC support and a 2ghz cpu.

these lip sync errors are not mvc related im starting to think. i installed a recent main branch nightly and many non-3D iso and mkv files with HD audio were out of sync.. sometimes, sometimes the sync is perfect. its random here.

currently still testing the 0411 build as its working best for me, 0413 results in a bunch of issues with connections, scrapers, pvr addons.. etc etc. so i stayed at 0411. 0325 was decent too iirc.
Me too. But, Pi3 just came out, so Pi4 won't be for a year at least. And, I'm still not expecting HD audio bitstreaming in Pi4 either.

As the lip-sync error hasn't crept up in all builds and/or h/w combinations, at least to a level where it's noticeable w/o instruments like @wesk05 uses, I think devs will figure it out (or I pray they will). I'm not aware of this issue being present in Jarvis Windows build, is it? I only really started paying attention to Windows again for Kodi use after MVC was added.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
It is not MVC related, but it does seem to add a little bit more than 2D for some audio codecs. You will have to apply some sort of correction in all systems. It is just that some builds are producing 250ms+ errors in some cases.

On a related topic, Dolby Digital Plus passthrough problem may be a Windows thing. It works perfectly on LibreELEC/OpenELEC x86 Kodi v17 builds on Intel.
(2016-04-18, 01:21)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-04-18, 00:57)Statikk Wrote: Lip sync would get way out of sync and video would drop frames. Put up any kind of osd and it's absolutely perfect. Makes me thing this dn2820 has plenty of power to handle it. The cpu usage never passes mid 30s and it can apparently play flawlessly. I'm really looking forward to the next build!
+1. CPU doesn't seem to be a factor, especially when a supposedly 'rubbish' Celeron J1800 doesn't have issue, while an i3 does, at least w/April 13 build.

And, @feathers, I'd be very curious how your J1900 performs.

(2016-04-18, 01:01)dukester Wrote: i dont think anything you can buy will fix it.. i can say at this point i woud pay anything for a RPi 4 with 2GB of ram HEVC support and a 2ghz cpu.

Me too. But, Pi3 just came out, so Pi4 won't be for a year at least. And, I'm still not expecting HD audio bitstreaming in Pi4 either.

As the lip-sync error hasn't crept up in all builds and/or h/w combinations, at least to a level where it's noticeable w/o instruments like @wesk05 uses, I think devs will figure it out (or I pray they will). I'm not aware of this issue being present in Jarvis Windows build, is it? I only really started paying attention to Windows again for Kodi use after MVC was added.

no clue about jarvis, hadnt installed kodi on windows before mvc testing in a very long time.

im going to install http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/win32/K...master.exe and do some testing, if i get any out of sync ill post a log to the windows sub forum
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Re: DD+, good to hear @wesk05. Hopefully, it'll be fixed in Kodi 17 soon.

@dukester, as you're testing the latest nightly, I'm going to try Jarvis 16.1 RC2 on my i3 NUC, play an ISO (in 2D mode obviously), and see if I can notice lip-sync error. 'Ant-Man', here I come again Wink.
My Family Room Theater
(2016-04-18, 01:34)hdmkv Wrote: Re: DD+, good to hear @wesk05. Hopefully, it'll be fixed in Kodi 17 soon.

@dukester, as you're testing the latest nightly, I'm going to try Jarvis 16.1 RC2 on my i3 NUC, play an ISO (in 2D mode obviously), and see if I can notice lip-sync error. 'Ant-Man', here I come again Wink.
Waiting to hear your findings.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-04-18, 01:01)dukester Wrote:
(2016-04-18, 00:35)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-04-18, 00:31)hdmkv Wrote: No guarantees as these builds progress... I'd wait until a $99 deal pops up again. Dell had lip-sync error with March build.

These Lip-Sync error is getting a little bit annoying, now I am stuck and don't know what to buy..

i dont think anything you can buy will fix it.. i can say at this point i woud pay anything for a RPi 4 with 2GB of ram HEVC support and a 2ghz cpu.

I am still using April 1st build, I only notice Lip-Sync error on 2D, 3D looks good.
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
No lip-sync error w/Jarvis 16.1 RC2 on i3 NUC or Dell 3050.
My Family Room Theater
no real sync issues with with 0416 master build either.. not sure what to say, ill just stick to 0411 personally until something else comes up to test
(2016-04-18, 02:26)hdmkv Wrote: No lip-sync error w/Jarvis 16.1 RC2 on i3 NUC or Dell 3050.

(2016-04-18, 03:06)dukester Wrote: no real sync issues with with 0416 master build either.. not sure what to say, ill just stick to 0411 personally until something else comes up to test

No Lips-sync issue then what is going on with these MVC build..
(2016-04-18, 00:35)movie78 Wrote: These Lip-Sync error is getting a little bit annoying, now I am stuck and don't know what to buy..

I've said this before, but no one should be spending money to get this working perfectly because it won't be perfect for awhile. They're all Alpha builds, and there will be problems.

(2016-04-18, 03:16)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-04-18, 03:06)dukester Wrote: no real sync issues with with 0416 master build either.. not sure what to say, ill just stick to 0411 personally until something else comes up to test
No Lips-sync issue then what is going on with these MVC build..

The fix was pushed on 0414 I think... Just wait till the next MVC build and we should see the fix too (hopefully).
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
(2016-04-17, 20:19)dukester Wrote: ...but have an issue, can you confirm it also.. not all DTS-HD MA 7.1 tracks are reported as 7.1 in the pioneer AV5 control app. Do you use that app?

Nope, I haven't used it at all. I just go off what's displayed on the display (and then my ears, but eh, I'm half deaf). I'll check it out in the next few days (or next weekend) and let you know what I see.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
Someone asking if beeboxwill be ok to go it has a celeron n3150?
@wizziwig had previously posted...
(2016-03-30, 22:11)wizziwig Wrote: Stay away from Haswell (2xxxU) based Celerons if intend to play 3D Blurays in Windows. The Broadwell (3xxxU) based ones like those MSI Cubi should work fine according to Intel datasheets.
My Family Room Theater
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10