• 36(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
Does the Broadwell (3xxxU) from MSI support DTSHD/TRUEHD?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
With OpenELEC, it should, but don't know under Windows. We need someone to test MVC builds w/3xxxU's.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
The Celeron version of the MSI is going for $129 - $20 rebate.
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
Ah, I see it, the white one at Amazon right? The $20 rebate is attached to the black version.

Done being a guinea pig Wink. Hopefully someone has this MSI or buys it, tries MVC, and lets us know. Sticking w/Dell 3050 and Intel D34010WYK1, and continue to try @afedchin's builds as they come out.
My Family Room Theater
(2016-04-18, 14:53)movie78 Wrote: Does the Broadwell (3xxxU) from MSI support DTSHD/TRUEHD?

not in windows.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
Not worth my time, doesn't support DTSHD/TRUEHD
Not just Broadwell it seems, but look like Braswell Celerons can't do HD audio under Windows either.
My Family Room Theater
(2016-04-18, 16:22)hdmkv Wrote: Not just Broadwell it seems, but look like Braswell Celerons can't do HD audio under Windows either.

My comments on March 19
I spent the better half of Sunday testing AV-Sync Errors. So, here it is:

Kodi MVC Builds

Multiple Device Comparison

Here is what I did: Played the S & M AV-Sync 2D test pattern. All devices were set to decode to mulitchannel PCM. So, the numbers are for Dolby TrueHD decoded to LPCM. Captured the output using Blackmagic DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G card. I started the capture only after 55sec of playback. Opened the recordings in Adobe Premiere CC and checked the video frame corresponding to the first tone beep after 1:05. You can see the screenshots in the album. Everything expect for the Sony Blu-ray player has more than 1 frame error. Numbers in green: audio leads, red: audio lags.

watch gallery
Anyone live near a Frys? $138 after rebate for an i3-4030U:
Asus Vivo
(2016-04-18, 17:43)sarcoptic Wrote: Anyone live near a Frys? $138 after rebate for an i3-4030U:
Asus Vivo

I saw that sometimes I feel like moving ATLANTA, just for Fry'sLaugh
I live 15 minutes from a Fry's ... c'mon over Laugh!

@weks05, thanks for the detailed a/v sync testing. Not sure what to think as the offset seems to vary quite a bit with Kodi by build, device, and platform. I need to re-try April 13 build as it shows the least offset. As you tested with PCM vs. bitstreaming, that probably makes a difference too. What I want is that Sony BD player level Big Grin!
My Family Room Theater
(2016-04-18, 18:06)hdmkv Wrote: @weks05, thanks for the detailed a/v sync testing. Not sure what to think as the offset seems to vary quite a bit with Kodi by build, device, and platform. I need to re-try April 13 build as it shows the least offset. As you tested with PCM vs. bitstreaming, that probably makes a difference too.
Yeah, PCM and bitstreaming offsets seem to differ and also the variance between the different Kodi builds is large. With this method, I can only test PCM. I have to use Sync-One2 for bitstreaming, but those will be specific to my system. With the PCM method, numbers may be considered as absolute since there is no other device in the output other than the capture card. The capture card delay is most likely to be 20ms max.
(2016-04-18, 18:06)hdmkv Wrote: I live 15 minutes from a Fry's ... c'mon over Laugh!

Missed Duluth Fry's, what is the return policy at Fry's?
No idea, may be on their website. I usually stick to Amazon, newegg or eBay. Hardly venture into stores for gear anymore.

Looks like that i3-4030U on Asus is a small improvement over my i3-4010U. See here, and here. Faster clock speed, but same graphics.

$138 + tax is a good deal for new. Got my i3-4010U used for $142.
My Family Room Theater
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10