• 38(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
Sad. There are many of us here invested in Kodi and now h/w Sad. This kind of stuff is bad for Kodi. Devs need to be above being put off by negative remarks. Gotta take the 90% good w/the 10% shit.

I just PM'd @afedchin... hope he re-thinks this and starts a fresh thread and continues support. Hope you all PM him too and ask him to continue his support.

Also, I had mentioned this before, that we can't have support for something as groundbreaking as this rest on just one developer. There's obviously huge interest. I've seen new members join, and there's been interest in other a/v forums as well.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
You want to read the forum rules that says you should not directly PM members unless they say so. Certainly not spamming them!
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Why they didnt kick the angry writers and delete the bullshit posts from them. One or two persons destroyed everything for all the other users.
@Martijn, closing a thread and support benefiting many, many Kodi fans cuz of one person's remarks slaps in the face of... us Kodi fans! Why punish us?! We've supported @afedchin, and all devs, I've personally donated to Kodi, contribute tons of time/effort here, and speak of its virtues here and elsewhere. Seems like a rash decision to me.

Look, this kind of stuff may just alienate members. Kodi is only as good as its larger community supporting it. I put a lot of effort into post #1 here, the spreadsheet, the reviews. As a Kodi supporter, I'm unhappy. If this kind of stuff happens, I may consider dropping Kodi and going back to non-Kodi solutions for 3D MVC, as much as I'd prefer not to. Not a threat, just a sad fact.

As for not PM'ing devs, how would you suggest we voice ourselves? I have no idea if @afedchin even monitors this thread. I mainly started it to help keep his dev thread focused on... his dev work.
My Family Room Theater
Let me remind you that one or two users can piss off or destroy any will to continue work on something regardless of the support from the masses that do appreciate what a dev does.

I guess you'll only understand if you've been in this situation yourself.
To be honest you're post doesn't really help as well cause you say that you donated, spend lot of time and say it's a harsh decision. As such you're almost kinda demanding he continues although he doesn't feel like it now. I'm sure don't mean it that way though I'm sure some could interpret it like that.
Put yourself in our shoes and read demands from users day in day out without getting paid and all you get it bitching thrown at your head.
This is unacceptable, to some of us this was the future of Kodi and this was something we have been waiting for a long time, to see it closed because one user , it's very disappointing.

And @afedchin should have just said that his build doesn't support Nvidia or AMD and if you want to use his build get an Intel CPU/GPU done, then we wouldn't have all these issues with user complaining about their hardware.

His build works on intel regardless of Lip-Sync issue, it works....
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
But there will always be people who find fault . You have to be above such things and delete the posts as a developer already . I can understand him already but let us all depend now can not be the solution.
(2016-04-18, 21:04)DeejayT Wrote: But there will always be people who find fault . You have to be above such things and delete the posts as a developer already . I can understand him already but let us all depend now can not be the solution.
What is unacceptable? A developer not wanting to spend time for now on some feature he may not even use himself but shitload of te anyway just to please a minority of users?

Seriously you all should read your posts again and see how needy you all sound.
Sure it's community effort and all that but it still boils down to working together and only a single dev on our side that just got sick of a user's continues complaining.
(2016-04-18, 20:57)Martijn Wrote: To be honest you're post doesn't really help as well cause you say that you donated, spend lot of time and say it's a harsh decision. As such you're almost kinda demanding he continues although he doesn't feel like it now. I'm sure don't mean it that way though I'm sure some could interpret it like that.
Put yourself in our shoes and read demands from users day in day out without getting paid and all you get it bitching thrown at your head.
Not at all... I don't think anything I've posted indicates any sort of demanding. I am asking for cool-headed thinking.

Re: putting myself in @afedchin shoes, I know too well. I volunteer as Board president for my community and put up with a lot of crap. In Mr. Spock's words, "The Needs of the Many Outweigh the Needs of the Few... or the One." Smile.
My Family Room Theater
(2016-04-18, 21:06)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-04-18, 20:57)Martijn Wrote: To be honest you're post doesn't really help as well cause you say that you donated, spend lot of time and say it's a harsh decision. As such you're almost kinda demanding he continues although he doesn't feel like it now. I'm sure don't mean it that way though I'm sure some could interpret it like that.
Not at all... I don't think anything I've posted indicates any sort of demanding. I am asking for cool-headed thinking.

Re: putting myself in @afedchin shoes, I know too well. I volunteer as Board president for my community and put up with a lot of crap. In Mr. Spock's words, "The Needs of the Many Outweigh the Needs of the Few... or the One." Smile.
Yeah like that even remotely compares. I still read it like he should suck it up, don't give a crap about his personal feelings just to please you guys "the need of many".
To quote some one else

For now you are stuck with his decision and his decision alone. You will have to respect that and can only hope that he reconsiders in some time or find another dev willing to pick up and continue the work which in turn might give him so breathing room
Maybe last thing I'm going to say on this... but, 'see if I care' kind of comments cut both ways. Us users and you guys part of Kodi team and developers. There is no artist w/o his audience. There is no Kodi w/o its users.
My Family Room Theater
Just reading this Sad
(2016-04-18, 21:21)hdmkv Wrote: Last thing I'm going to say on this... but, 'see if I care' kind of comments cut both ways. Us users and you guys part of Kodi team and developers. There is no artist w/o his audience. There is no Kodi w/o its users.

+1
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-04-18, 21:23)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-04-18, 21:21)hdmkv Wrote: Last thing I'm going to say on this... but, 'see if I care' kind of comments cut both ways. Us users and you guys part of Kodi team and developers. There is no artist w/o his audience. There is no Kodi w/o its users.

+1
That's where you are wrong. There's still kodi without users. Devs are users as well and they will keep using it.
An artist is still an artist even if no one is looking.
A tree still makes a sound when it falls even though no one is around to hear it.
Calm down guys.
Give afedchin some space.. Lets all have a good sleep or more Wink
He deserves credits for what hes done so far..
Brazen should realise that and think rwice before posting.
Well see what future brings..
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10