• 39(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-04-18, 21:25)Martijn Wrote:
(2016-04-18, 21:23)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-04-18, 21:21)hdmkv Wrote: Last thing I'm going to say on this... but, 'see if I care' kind of comments cut both ways. Us users and you guys part of Kodi team and developers. There is no artist w/o his audience. There is no Kodi w/o its users.

+1
That's where you are wrong. There's still kodi without users. Devs are users as well and they will keep using it.
An artist is still an artist even if no one is looking.
A tree still makes a sound when it falls even though no one is around to hear it.

You should be a poem writer Wink
When there's no MVC support, resort to poems ... maybe that's why most poets were drunks and depressives Wink.

On that note, added a short user notice + poem to @afedchin combo at top of post #1 Smile.

(2016-04-18, 21:25)Martijn Wrote: That's where you are wrong. There's still kodi without users. Devs are users as well and they will keep using it.
An artist is still an artist even if no one is looking.
A tree still makes a sound when it falls even though no one is around to hear it.
True, but what's the point to Kodi then? Why share dev work in the first place, even have this forum? Do the helpful wikis and YouTube videos you guys do? Obviously you do care about and appreciate community involvement. And, once you do let loose your work into the wild, there will be feedback, good and bad. Just ignore the bad apples, enjoy the ripe and tasty ones Smile.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-04-18, 21:00)movie78 Wrote: And @afedchin should have just said that his build doesn't support Nvidia or AMD and if you want to use his build get an Intel CPU/GPU done, then we wouldn't have all these issues with user complaining about their hardware.
I haven't followed this thread or the MVC test thread entirely, but I clearly read that HW decoding does only work on Intel and that for other GPUs you need a library that does software decoding. Back when I tested one of the first builds for him, this worked just fine on my notebook with legacy AMD Mobility Radeon HD 4500 GPU - CPU was maxed though, but that's no surprise for anybody with at least some technical sense
(2016-04-18, 21:42)da-anda Wrote:
(2016-04-18, 21:00)movie78 Wrote: And @afedchin should have just said that his build doesn't support Nvidia or AMD and if you want to use his build get an Intel CPU/GPU done, then we wouldn't have all these issues with user complaining about their hardware.
I haven't followed this thread or the MVC test thread entirely, but I clearly read that HW decoding does only work on Intel and that for other GPUs you need a library that does software decoding. Back when I tested one of the first builds for him, this worked just fine on my notebook with legacy AMD Mobility Radeon HD 4500 GPU - CPU was maxed though, but that's no surprise for anybody with at least some technical sense

@brazen1 had an issue with the latest @afedchin build and that what started all the rant, I told @brazen1 to get Intel Base hardware CPU/GPU because the logs he provided were not doing anything good, @afedchin tried all best to get him going without success.

I have 2 AMD (@skank) hardware and both didn't work, so I bought an Intel NUC and beside the Lip-Sync issue it works with some older builds, the Lip-Sync issue seems like it's hardware dependant, so that is why I stop posting my logs hopes it get fixed in the new build, if the new build doesn't, I revert back to the old and hope the new new will resolved the issue.

I knew @afedchin had a lot on his plate that's why I told him to just focus on Intel CPU/GPU hardware for now.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
I will test kodi with dsplayer und report how it work...
From what I read some didn't seem to appreciate MVC issues vs krypton issues and that afedchin was solely working on the MVC part (and as such the broken parts of krypton in the alpha caused frustrations all round)

Hopefully afedchin reconsiders and everyone learns alpha means some things might (or won't!) work.
(2016-04-18, 22:27)Nelbert Wrote: From what I read some didn't seem to appreciate MVC issues vs krypton issues and that afedchin was solely working on the MVC part (and as such the broken parts of krypton in the alpha caused frustrations all round)

Hopefully afedchin reconsiders and everyone learns alpha means some things might (or won't!) work.

The guy that started it allCool
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-04-18, 22:33)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-04-18, 22:27)Nelbert Wrote: From what I read some didn't seem to appreciate MVC issues vs krypton issues and that afedchin was solely working on the MVC part (and as such the broken parts of krypton in the alpha caused frustrations all round)

The guy that started it allCool

I simply highlighted some of afedchin's fine work! Was surprised how many were also interested and disheartened to see the tone of some responses. Hopefully afedchin reconsiders.
I think some people needed some understanding of what alpha means, and that @afedchin is doing a great job but things can't just get built/fixed instantaneously. It takes a long time, there's a huge process behind this all, and you have to let it all work itself out.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
Totally... I believe most users involved fully understand that. This stuff takes time, dedication to get (mostly) right.
My HT
Wow a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch. Those comments they made were really bad and disrespectful to the guy that took time to bring us something that we all been waiting for. God knows how many boxes I spend money and time trying to get 3D and HD audio to work. If you are not willing to spend time and money on this here hobby then you should not be in this game. Afedchin did us all a favor and at the end you can't bite the hand that feed you. His builds are great and I hope he reconsider is decision but if doesn't hope him all the best and I will continue using what he left behind much thanks @afedchin. Respect Respect
(2016-04-18, 21:25)Martijn Wrote: A tree still makes a sound when it falls even though no one is around to hear it.
Hmm... falling tree will only make traveling vibration of air and not sound if there is no living being around that can perceive the mechanical wave and recognize it as being audible.

As for the recent developments my comment is: move on... There are other promising devices, eg., Linux x86. We will have a revisit of Windows MVC when @afedchin reconsiders or another developer takes on the project. Until then we can just keep using one of the better working builds. That said, I appreciate the effort and relentless work of all Kodi developers.
Ha ha ... you need to get out Sync-One2 to make sure there's no lip-sync error in tree falling though Big Grin! Um, wait a minute, if no one around, then no one to measure either Smile.
My HT
(2016-04-19, 00:07)hdmkv Wrote: Ha ha ... you need to get out Sync-One2 to make sure there's no lip-sync error in tree falling though Big Grin! Um, wait a minute, if no one around, then no one to measure either Smile.

Rofl
I'm really bummed to see how this all went down. I can understand afedchin's frustration though. I really hope he will continue development. I was so excited for the next build because of the issues that look like they were possibly fixed.

Maybe he would be willing to move forward with a closed testing group in order to prevent this kind of thing. Get a number of people together with different Intel hardware and push builds out to those users for feedback.

I think the problem is that most pepole don't understand the difference between testing for a certain featureset and testing the whole project (Kodi Krypton). Some also don't understand that while your particular hardware isn't the main focus it doesn't mean that you will never see benefit from the work being done or that you will get left behind because your problems aren't being resolved in a build or two.

In my eyes it would seem that it would be easier to get things dialed in on one platform before trying to troubleshoot random problems from every platform out there all at once. Look at the pi for example. Focused development on one platform lead to really great 3d support. Intel has working support for hardware decoding right now. Let him focus on that and then he or someone else can apply that work to other platforms.

Of course not being a developer myself maybe I have no clue what I'm talking about! Big Grin Anyways, afedchin if you are reading this thank you for the work that you've done and I really hope that you will consider resuming work on your build. Even if you don't at least you've shown others what is possible and paved the way for Windows MVC 3D support to find its way into Kodi.
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10