Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
I'm really bummed to see how this all went down. I can understand afedchin's frustration though. I really hope he will continue development. I was so excited for the next build because of the issues that look like they were possibly fixed.

Maybe he would be willing to move forward with a closed testing group in order to prevent this kind of thing. Get a number of people together with different Intel hardware and push builds out to those users for feedback.

I think the problem is that most pepole don't understand the difference between testing for a certain featureset and testing the whole project (Kodi Krypton). Some also don't understand that while your particular hardware isn't the main focus it doesn't mean that you will never see benefit from the work being done or that you will get left behind because your problems aren't being resolved in a build or two.

In my eyes it would seem that it would be easier to get things dialed in on one platform before trying to troubleshoot random problems from every platform out there all at once. Look at the pi for example. Focused development on one platform lead to really great 3d support. Intel has working support for hardware decoding right now. Let him focus on that and then he or someone else can apply that work to other platforms.

Of course not being a developer myself maybe I have no clue what I'm talking about! Big Grin Anyways, afedchin if you are reading this thank you for the work that you've done and I really hope that you will consider resuming work on your build. Even if you don't at least you've shown others what is possible and paved the way for Windows MVC 3D support to find its way into Kodi.

Messages In This Thread
What about xvYCC / x.v.Color - by ma9ick - 2016-04-15, 14:01
RE: Intel-specific HTPC/NUC selection w/reliable MVC 3D ISO - by Statikk - 2016-04-19, 03:06
June 30 download link broken? - by CooperCGN - 2016-08-02, 08:18
MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-09-18, 15:09
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by robsch - 2019-10-08, 17:41
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-10-13, 22:33
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10