• 50(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-04-25, 16:17)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-04-25, 16:11)movie78 Wrote: Was feeling a little bored this weekend, so I decided to get some new hardware, I hope this can hold me off until KabyLake comes out.Big Grin

Bought.
D34010WYK NUC i3-4010u 4th GEN
16 GB RAM ( Cosair)
120GB mSata Scandisk
You are bad, LOL Wink Big Grin! ... the only graphics/audio driver combo that seems to work w/D34010WYK is GFX_Win7_8_8.1_64_10.18.10.3540.zip.

Thanks for the heads up on the Graphic drivers, downloading it nowCool
Going to give the Intel DN2820 to my mother-in-law for mothers dayWink
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-04-25, 16:15)ppoulos Wrote:
(2016-04-25, 16:07)DeejayT Wrote: With my nuc6i3syk i cant confirm your problems...

Maybe the difference is between your i3-6100U processor/Graphics Driver and my i5-5250U processor/Graphics Driver. I hope that is not the case, but may be the faster i5 processors/Graphics Drivers have more problems with the current Kodi 3D MVC release.

ohhh your nuc 2820 wont be happy
(2016-04-25, 16:17)hdmkv Wrote: Hmm, hope it isn't an issue w/hardware. Only thing left to suggest is trying an earlier MVC build. April 13, 11 and 1 worked well for most if I recall correctly.

I actually did also try the April 13th build already with similar problems. With limited testing I stop quickly when running that build with ISO 3D files also caused any further 2D movie playback to be corrupted (as noted above).

Interestingly Movie playback with other video programs seem to work okay, but only with 2D movies (I have not tested 3D playback otherwise). Since I bought the NUC on Amazon I will return it for replacement just to verify if I have a defective unit causing some of the weird 3D playback issues.
NUC: NUC5i5RYH (Intel Core i5-5250U, Intel HD Graphics 6000)
RAM: 16 GB Crucial DDR3-1600
SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 SSD
Display: LG 65EF9500 OLED
AVR: Pioneer Elite SC-99
so passthrough is working, 3D is working.
I can't test them both simultaneously.

the box is MSI Cubi 3205u with windows 10, drivers only what windows installed.

it was a very quick test on audio, video 3D so I can't really say much.
I didn't notice any issue for this short test I did.
Quote:4/22/16

Intel has characterized the "WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR" issue on the Intel® NUC Kits that have been returned to Intel. Intel has released BIOS 0042 which correctly initializes the voltage regulator and eliminates the electrical over-voltage which has been proven to cause the "WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR" issue. Customers who continue to experience the "WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR" issue are encouraged to contact Intel Customer Support.

Intel recommends customers update the Intel NUC to BIOS version 0042. Systems with a product number of SAxxxxxx-503 or later, or systems with a blue dot label added to the Intel NUC and the outer box, have already been updated to BIOS version 0042.

It seems intel has managed to find and correct the issue of WHEA errors through a BIOS update (link)
So maybe they are a good option now?
(2016-04-25, 15:50)hdmkv Wrote: I considered getting NUC5i5RYH NUC, but settled on D34010WYK NUC. So, if i3 performs well, i5 should easily. Have an i5-4570 laptop that does.

May be graphics driver issue. Are you on this driver?

Well I am happy (and somewhat embarrassed) to have found my problem. I also use an Atlona AT-UHD-SW-51 4K UHD 5 Input HDMI Switcher to switch multiple devices to one input in my Pioneer AVR. This is an expensive switcher I bought last year on Amazon, and it has run fairly well, but only recently seemed to be more flakey and unreliable in maintaining the integrity of a switched input. After I received my replacement NUC5i5RYH from Amazon, I noticed that the Atlona Switcher was reporting resolutions from the intel NUC that should not exist (4K60hz from the mini HDMI output, DVI resolutions, or plane crazy resolutions that the OLED display could not sync to). In desperation I did a repeat firmware update to the Atlona Switcher, with improvement, but it still started acting up.

When I tested my NUC without the switcher in line it performed just as good as others have reported - all 3D playback was impressive. 3D ISO file skipping is still frightfully slow, but reliable (as others have mentioned). After watching a 3D ISO Movie, 2D now plays fine without problems (with 3D switching off reliably). And 3D MKV playback is responsive and quick, but lip sync audio issues still exist on skipping chapters or time which can be fixed easily but reversing the video for a few seconds (again as others have reported). I am happy to report that the Intel NUC5i5RYH NUC is actually a very good machine except for a the two issues I have reported above.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions.
Hallelujah! ... nothing to be embarrassed about. AVR's, switchers, etc. can mess up HDMI signal pass-through. Had to learn that myself, and test via direct connection to display just to rule out gear in between.

Adding NUC5i5RYH NUC to spreadsheet in post #1 in just a bit. BTW, which graphics/audio drivers worked best for you?

BTW, lip-sync error shouldn't be an issue w/April 20 build... try enabling/disabling 'Use fullscreen window'.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-04-27, 03:06)hdmkv Wrote: Adding NUC5i5RYH NUC to spreadsheet in post #1 in just a bit. BTW, which graphics/audio drivers worked best for you?

BTW, lip-sync error shouldn't be an issue w/April 20 build... try enabling/disabling 'Use fullscreen window'.

I am using the latest Intel® HD Graphics Driver (GFX_Win7_8.1_10_64_15.40.22.4424) for my NUC5i5RYH NUC.

When I get the chance I will try enabling/disabling 'Use fullscreen window' to see if that gets rid of the lip sync issue.
specs new nucs

http://nucblog.net/2016/03/the-skull-can...nuc6i7kyk/
Pricey! ...and overkill for Kodi use. I'd wait for Kaby Lake for 4K capability.

Nice deal at Fry's (in-store only w/promo code if you're signed up for their daily e-mail blast), $222, for Asus 1.7Ghz Vivo Mini UN62 Intel i5-4210U.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Hello all,

Sorry for my ignorance here, but a bit confused on one issue. Assuming the use of supported hardware (as mentioned earlier in this guide, ie Intel NUCs and such) does Kodi 17 support 3D playback of 3D Blu-ray in ISO or MKV format? Also can anyone refer me to proper configuration details for successful playback (ie do I still need to name files with 3D or some other label or is discovery automatic?)

Thanks!
(2016-04-28, 00:24)santiagodraco Wrote: Hello all,

Sorry for my ignorance here, but a bit confused on one issue. Assuming the use of supported hardware (as mentioned earlier in this guide, ie Intel NUCs and such) does Kodi 17 support 3D playback of 3D Blu-ray in ISO or MKV format? Yes Also can anyone refer me to proper configuration details for successful playback (ie do I still need to name files with 3D or some other label or is discovery automatic?)

Thanks!

I named my 3D ISO as ANTMAN.3D.ISO

All the info you need.
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
Great thanks Movie78. With my current setup I have Kodi configured to launch PDVD when it sees files with 3D. I'm assuming then that I would remove that configuration and (following the setup on page one of this thread) Kodi then would natively playback.

How about 3D Blu-ray embedded in MKV, same deal?

Thanks!
(2016-04-28, 01:03)santiagodraco Wrote: Great thanks Movie78. With my current setup I have Kodi configured to launch PDVD when it sees files with 3D. I'm assuming then that I would remove that configuration and (following the setup on page one of this thread) Kodi then would natively playback.YES

How about 3D Blu-ray embedded in MKV, same deal? YES

Thanks!

Uninstall the previous Kodi then download the latest one on page 1 on this thread.
Big Grin

Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10