Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-04-27, 03:06)hdmkv Wrote: Adding NUC5i5RYH NUC to spreadsheet in post #1 in just a bit. BTW, which graphics/audio drivers worked best for you?

BTW, lip-sync error shouldn't be an issue w/April 20 build... try enabling/disabling 'Use fullscreen window'.

Well after further test with the April 20th build and my NUC5i5RYH NUC, I have noted the following still...

1) the Lip Sync issue with 3D MVC MKV's (i.e., - .mk3D extension) still exists. It is a minor annoyance most reliably fixed by stopping and restarting the 3D Movie. Fast forwarding or reversing the movie also re-syncs the audio, but not as reliably. The Lip-sync error does not occur with 3D ISO files though.

2) The 3D display (or artifact) problem I was having with the April 20th build and my NUC5i5RYH NUC seems to be related to the increased depth of the 3D, almost too much. The NUC should be reading the size of the display (65 inch diagonal in my case) and adjusting the depth accordingly. When I changed from "Cable Matters Mini HDMI to HDMI Male to Female Adapter" to "Cable Matters High Speed Mini-HDMI (Type C) to HDMI (Type A) Cable 3D & 4K Resolution Ready" (both bought on Amazon), the 3D image improved. Is there a way to set the depth of the 3D image in Kodi or in Windows 10?

3) My Altona HDMI switcher did cause the problem playing back 2D files after trying to playback a 3D ISO file. I thought the problem was a defective unit, but it really has to do (presumably) with information sent through the Altona HDMI Switcher by the modified Kodi when 3D is turned off (stopping 3D ISO files play back). It looks like some additional or nonstandard information is exchanged which causes the Altona Switcher to subsequently pass 2D images incorrectly. If I bypass the Altona Switcher the problem does not occur (presumably the extra information is ignored by the receiver and display). And this problem does not occur during 3D MKV playback at all, just with 3D ISO files. I will contact Altona to see if they have any inside into what is causing the problem.

But the video picture quality still remains the best of any video streamer I have tested to date!
NUC: NUC5i5RYH (Intel Core i5-5250U, Intel HD Graphics 6000)
RAM: 16 GB Crucial DDR3-1600
SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 SSD
Display: LG 65EF9500 OLED
AVR: Pioneer Elite SC-99

Messages In This Thread
What about xvYCC / x.v.Color - by ma9ick - 2016-04-15, 14:01
RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - by ppoulos - 2016-04-30, 04:19
June 30 download link broken? - by CooperCGN - 2016-08-02, 08:18
MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-09-18, 15:09
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by robsch - 2019-10-08, 17:41
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-10-13, 22:33
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10