• 57(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
0505 worked without any problems for me.
(2016-05-07, 10:35)opeters Wrote:
(2016-05-07, 04:24)KILLERNADS Wrote: Okay finally managed to update my windows 7 HTPC (with Kodi 14.1) to Windows 10, just so that i could install this WIP build and try to play some 3D bluray ISO files.

Unfortunately, i had no such luck Sad

I installed the latest build from the 1st page, i think it was version 17.0, however this build gave me a lot of issues.

Firstly, i could not even access my Videos section in the Settings screen, even some other tabs like Appearance was not doing anything, i.e. clicking on the headings did not load up any panel on the right.

I followed the instructions on the ...

Not sure, but are you using another language than English ?

If you do and upgrade you don't see any text. So before upgrading set the gui to English and change it after upgrade. Also it is better to do a clean install.

I also recommend to create a win 10 boot image from your upgraded system and do a clean install of win 10. This saves a lot of disk space and performance.

Hi,

No im already using English! Its just the top few tabs in settings that didnt click through such as appearance and video. The bottom ones seemed to work fine. Also in using aeon nox skin from my previous install.

I would really like to get it working without spending time going through a fresh install. Although for now anyway i have switched to release 16, where everything works well just without 3d bluray support i assume.
(2016-05-07, 04:24)KILLERNADS Wrote: Okay finally managed to update my windows 7 HTPC (with Kodi 14.1) to Windows 10, just so that i could install this WIP build and try to play some 3D bluray ISO files.

I installed the latest build from the 1st page, i think it was version 17.0, however this build gave me a lot of issues.

Firstly, i could not even access my Videos section in the Settings screen, even some other tabs like Appearance was not doing anything, i.e. clicking on the headings did not load up any panel on the right.

I followed the instructions on the screenshots, but could not get very far as i couldn't change most of the settings within Kodi Video settings Sad All the intel settings i changed perfectly fine!

This is my primary HTPC in which i use Kodi everyday, hence i quickly installed the latest Kodi Jarvis build over the top from the Kodi website. Thankfully, i got access to all my settings again!

I also tried playing some blurays, surprising i could now load up 2d ISO and blurays just fine, don't think i could do that previously.

However, i then tried to load up a 3d bluray iso file, to my surprise it did load up fine but played the film in 2D mode, i don't think it even gave me a 3d option!?

Of course it played in 2D, you installed a kodi build that was NOT the MVC build and theres no way to get 3D without it.

Uninstall and reinstall the build from page 1 , delete any previous versions, sounds like a skin conflict to me.

@ArieS - new builds are fine here also for me
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-05-07, 14:00)KILLERNADS Wrote:
(2016-05-07, 10:35)opeters Wrote:

I followed the instructions on the ...

Not sure, but are you using another language than English ?

If you do and upgrade you don't see any text. So before upgrading set the gui to English and change it after upgrade. Also it is better to do a clean install.

I also recommend to create a win 10 boot image from your upgraded system and do a clean install of win 10. This saves a lot of disk space and performance.

Hi,

No im already using English! Its just the top few tabs in settings that didnt click through such as appearance and video. The bottom ones seemed to work fine. Also in using aeon nox skin from my previous install.

I would really like to get it working without spending time going through a fresh install. Although for now anyway i have switched to release 16, where everything works well just without 3d bluray support i assume.

that skin doesnt support Krypton builds yet, switch to confluence skin then install kodi 17 mvc build overtop of your current jarvis install and everything will be good. Estuary is the new stock skin, if you need Aeon Nox support go and figure out what skins work with Kodi 17 AFTER and go from there.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
Oh right, damn yeah i think i realised it was a skin issue when i woke up this korning and hit me as to why i didnt try another skin out last night ?

A shame that Aeon Nox is not supported yet as thats the skin ive only used for the past 6 years in kodi/xbmc ?

Ive customised it too much also with my own headings and sections, it would be way to much work and time consuming to do the same thing for another skin.

Well i will go ahead and install wip krypton anyway and check if it works first or not. Then decide from there, hopefully i can still switch back to aeon nox after changing the settings in the default skin. I understand that aeon nox maybe broken in krypton but i think it was only the settings part that was giving me issues, everything else seemed to work fine.
One other thing that i forgot to add. Yesterday when i followed the settings on the main page, i changed the following one:

Adjust display refresh rate = start / stop

However this gave me issues, i was watching revenant last night and the audio was not in sync, the voices were not in lip sync withe video, when I switched this back tk off then eveything was working better again!
(2016-05-07, 16:32)KILLERNADS Wrote: One other thing that i forgot to add. Yesterday when i followed the settings on the main page, i changed the following one:

Adjust display refresh rate = start / stop

However this gave me issues, i was watching revenant last night and the audio was not in sync, the voices were not in lip sync withe video, when I switched this back tk off then eveything was working better again!

If you can't enable refresh rate matching then it's a non-starter as a solution for those of us in Europe who need 50Hz, 23.976/24.000Hz and 59.94Hz support... Fixing the display refresh rate is a non-solution...
(2016-05-07, 16:28)KILLERNADS Wrote: Oh right, damn yeah i think i realised it was a skin issue when i woke up this korning and hit me as to why i didnt try another skin out last night ?

A shame that Aeon Nox is not supported yet as thats the skin ive only used for the past 6 years in kodi/xbmc ?

Ive customised it too much also with my own headings and sections, it would be way to much work and time consuming to do the same thing for another skin.

Well i will go ahead and install wip krypton anyway and check if it works first or not. Then decide from there, hopefully i can still switch back to aeon nox after changing the settings in the default skin. I understand that aeon nox maybe broken in krypton but i think it was only the settings part that was giving me issues, everything else seemed to work fine.

I think there's a Aeon Nox skin version for Krypton check their Forum..
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
I'm now ATMOS/X capable; woohoo! Big Grin! ... @movie78, you mentioned needing to use the latest beta driver for just the audio (especially ATMOS/X) with D34010WYK NUC. Just confirming if it was this one? Does NOT show i3-4010U (or Intel HD Graphics 4400) as one of the "valid" products it's meant for. Did you read somewhere that it was okay to use w/D34010WYK?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-05-07, 18:18)hdmkv Wrote: I'm now ATMOS/X capable; woohoo! Big Grin! ... @movie78, you mentioned needing to use the latest beta driver for just the audio (especially ATMOS/X) with D34010WYK NUC. Just confirming if it was this one? Does NOT show i3-4010U (or Intel HD Graphics 4400) as one of the "valid" products it's meant for. Did you read somewhere that it was okay to use w/D34010WYK?
It's mention in the release notes, only use the Audio drivers from Beta drivers.
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
Ah okay, thanks... there seems to be a newer version. I assume it's the 64-bit zip? Also when I extract the zip and look inside the 'DisplayAudio' folder, there are '6.16' and '8.20'. Which one?
My Family Room Theater
64-bit zip
I can't remember which version I chose between the 2 [ 6.16 or '8.20]
Let me check it again...
(2016-05-07, 18:18)hdmkv Wrote: I'm now ATMOS/X capable; woohoo! Big Grin!

Congrats and welcome to the club!
Once you go IMMERSIVE [ATMOS/DTS:X] you can't go back Cool
I can already attest to that. But, I think these new formats are going to be confusing for many users. Knowing which combo to go for, whether 5.x.2 vs. 5.x.4 vs. 7.x.2 vs. 7.x.4, then when second amp/AVR is needed, how to set up primary and that second amp/AVR properly (both connections and AVR menus settings). Not to mention, actual install of height speakers and wiring.

I am hoping that we get ATMOS and X 11.1 channel check clips, but guessing not due to the several configuration possibilities.
My Family Room Theater
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10