• 60(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-05-08, 16:56)Topken Wrote:
(2016-05-07, 19:32)dukester Wrote:
(2016-05-07, 19:28)hdmkv Wrote: Excellent, thanks!

Re: Deadpool 4K BD, yes to ATMOS. But, just DTS-HD MA 7.1 on regular BD Sad.

http://i.imgur.com/AYSP89w.jpg
(Above pic from a user at Blu-ray.com forum)

ya i just saw that, sucks big time eh. that makes me want to purchase neither releases of any upcoming films until a solution to rip 4K material happens... Confused

I will just leave this here https://torrentfreak.com/4k-content-prot...rt-1605xx/

Yes. You'll find all the major studios end up buying HDCP 'assistance' devices, as do lots of cinemas and broadcasters. There is no HDCP equivalent for HD-SDI and the higher UHD variants. If you want to connect your Blu-ray or UHD copy-protected source, or the HD output of a domestic satellite receiver, to many high-end devices, you need to 'deal' with HDCP...

Nobody ever keeps the copy protection genie in the bottle for long...
Im using now the N2820FYKH with the CPU 2830.
No lip-sync errors and bitstream hd-audio.
I have downloaded the driver with the Intel tool and it works without problems with Windows 10.

The only problem I have is with the remote.
I want to use the xbox one media remote and for that I need flirc.
(2016-05-08, 16:28)noggin Wrote: DD/DTS/DD+ bitstreamed and PCM 5.1/7.1 (192/24) only in Windows. There are no current drivers AFAIK that support HD Audio (and thus Atmos/DTS:x) bit streaming. You should get True HD and DTS HD MA/HRA decoded to PCM 5.1/7.1 like the Pi 2 and 3.

For HD Audio bit streaming I think you are looking at a Core-i or N2820/30 (which I think has had one driver combo that worked?)

Thanks for the info. Something to keep my eye on.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
(2016-05-08, 17:31)noggin Wrote:
(2016-05-08, 16:56)Topken Wrote: I will just leave this here https://torrentfreak.com/4k-content-prot...rt-1605xx/

Yes. You'll find all the major studios end up buying HDCP 'assistance' devices, as do lots of cinemas and broadcasters. There is no HDCP equivalent for HD-SDI and the higher UHD variants. If you want to connect your Blu-ray or UHD copy-protected source, or the HD output of a domestic satellite receiver, to many high-end devices, you need to 'deal' with HDCP...

Curious about this. So, HDFury defeats HDCP and then what? How do you actually capture the 4K source content and HD audio? On a beefy PC I assume using some other software?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-05-08, 18:11)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-05-08, 17:31)noggin Wrote:
(2016-05-08, 16:56)Topken Wrote: I will just leave this here https://torrentfreak.com/4k-content-prot...rt-1605xx/

Curious about this. So, HDFury defeats HDCP and then what? How do you actually capture the 4K source content and HD audio? On a beefy PC I assume using some other software?

There are multiple 4K HDMI capture solutions for various legitimate applications (external recording on camcorders etc.) in the post-production world (it's how they make UHD stuff in the first place after all...)

Blackmagic make useful post production stuff like this : https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/product...s/W-DLK-12 I have an older HD/SD Thunderbolt model I use for day-job reasons.
Ah, thanks... think I'll wait for RedFox Smile.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Out of the box, HDFury Integral DOESN'T defeat HDCP. All it does is convert HDCP 2.2 to HDCP 1.4 and also convert 4:4:4 chroma to 4:2:0 if needed. That said, if you know where to look, you can find an older hacked firmware released by a group that can do HDCP 0.0. (No more details Smile)
Lol wesk05. I personally have an older Black Magic Intensity Pro that I use for streaming my consoles to twitch. So yeah its possible to capture 4k for playback elsewhere.
(2016-05-08, 20:00)Topken Wrote: Lol wesk05. I personally have an older Black Magic Intensity Pro that I use for streaming my consoles to twitch. So yeah its possible to capture 4k for playback elsewhere.
Did I mention anything about 4K capture? Yes, you can capture 4K, but not always in the same quality/format as the protected content.
(2016-05-08, 20:07)wesk05 Wrote:
(2016-05-08, 20:00)Topken Wrote: Lol wesk05. I personally have an older Black Magic Intensity Pro that I use for streaming my consoles to twitch. So yeah its possible to capture 4k for playback elsewhere.
Did I mention anything about 4K capture? Yes, you can capture 4K, but not always in the same quality/format as the protected content.

Yep - if you go via a baseband hardware connection you'll have a decode/recode process, which you wouldn't have with a disc rip.
(2016-05-08, 14:20)timstephens24 Wrote: I have a weird question that maybe someone can help me with, maybe not:

My 3D TV is a 4K TV that's... awkward (I'm guessing) with resolutions. It gives Windows a native resolution of 4096x2160, but it doesn't fill the screen when a video is playing and has two black bars, one on the right and one on the left. Not an issue if I switch the resolution to 3840x2160, but for 3D movies I have to have the display set to 1080p. With it set to 1080p, everything non-3D plays as if it was upscaling it to 4096x2160 so there's the black bars on the sides of the TV. Anyone know how I could go about fixing this? I've tried googling how to remove Windows from knowing about a resolution but I can't find anything.

Just in case anyone else runs into a similar problem and to save them the hours upon hours it took me to figure this out...

To fix this I had to download the "Custom Resolution Utility" from Monitor Tests which allows you to change the "Recommended" Windows resolution (among other things). Basically, when I opened it up it looked like this:

Detailed Resolutions:
3840x2160 @ 60.000 Hz (594.00 MHz) [+/+]
1920x1080 @ 60.000 Hz (148.50 MHz) [+/+]

And all I needed to do was put 1920x1080 ahead of 3840x2160 (and then reboot of course), so now it looks like this:

Detailed Resolutions:
1920x1080 @ 60.000 Hz (148.50 MHz) [+/+]
3840x2160 @ 60.000 Hz (594.00 MHz) [+/+]

You could also do this through the registry, and initially I did that but someone told me about this program so it's a lot easier and keeps me from screwing up registry settings I probably shouldn't be messing with.

Good thing from this is that now I can watch everything on this Windows box without switching out my hard drives (I have three M2 drives: one for Windows 10, one for LibreELEC, and one for Plex Media Player).
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
I finally was able to install the latest build 0505.
The problem was that I had created a Kodi.exe shortcut to the desktop so when I would uninstall Kodi, it would remove everything but the Kodi.exe in the Program(x86) folder.
I realized this was the problem when I checked the log to see what was wrong with my install and it stated the build was 0420. This is so weird...
Anyway, after removing the shortcut from the desktop, I was able to delete the leftover from Kodi and successfully install 0505.

Am I the only one who can't access the Appearance, Video menus?
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2016-05-08, 15:32)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-05-08, 11:22)Neighbour Wrote: BTW - I don't see the chart on the post#1.

Thanks I see the chart now .
about DTS-HD and DOLBY TRUE HD and ATMOS , I can pass bitstreaming LPCM to receiver like you have written and the receiver will decoded to Atmos / DTS-HD / Dolby True Hd ?

Thanks.
(2016-05-08, 15:59)noggin Wrote: Just tried a 3D Blu-ray ISO on my Lenovo Idea Centre 300 Stick. Amazing. It works! 3D Frame Packed 24p output. Audio sync a little out but not horrific.

Hi,
I will buy this device . which Kodi version and @afedchin's MVC build you have installed ? you use wired lan with usb or wifi ? ( I can insert HUB to the USB one port without power brick connect to hub and the devices will Recognize ? )

Thanks.
I've just installed the most recent build. Have hardly tested it so am not promoting it as a perfect solution. I haven't used it long enough to really evaluate how good or bad it is.

I'm using a cheap USB Hub with integrated Ethernet adaptor and wired Ethernet connected to the single USB port. I think the Micro USB port is for power only.
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10