• 61(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-05-08, 22:46)Neighbour Wrote:
(2016-05-08, 15:59)noggin Wrote: Just tried a 3D Blu-ray ISO on my Lenovo Idea Centre 300 Stick. Amazing. It works! 3D Frame Packed 24p output. Audio sync a little out but not horrific.

Hi,
I will buy this device . which Kodi version and @afedchin's MVC build you have installed ? you use wired lan with usb or wifi ? ( I can insert HUB to the USB one port without power brick connect to hub and the devices will Recognize ? )

Thanks.

no atmos, DTS X, trueHD, or DTS HD currently at all with that device. you can how ever get 7.1 PCM output for HD audio (true HD and DTS HD only)
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-05-08, 23:06)dukester Wrote:
(2016-05-08, 22:46)Neighbour Wrote:
(2016-05-08, 15:59)noggin Wrote: Just tried a 3D Blu-ray ISO on my Lenovo Idea Centre 300 Stick. Amazing. It works! 3D Frame Packed 24p output. Audio sync a little out but not horrific.

Hi,
I will buy this device . which Kodi version and @afedchin's MVC build you have installed ? you use wired lan with usb or wifi ? ( I can insert HUB to the USB one port without power brick connect to hub and the devices will Recognize ? )

Thanks.

no atmos, DTS X, trueHD, or DTS HD currently at all with that device. you can how ever get 7.1 PCM output for HD audio (true HD and DTS HD only)

So you do get DTS HD and Dolby True HD - just losslessly decoded to PCM (same as early Blu-ray players and the PS3) rather than Bitstreamed, with no quality loss. (Assuming metadata isn't an issue)
Just tested Beelink Pocket P2 and 3D MVC out of it is excellent, as is LPCM multichannel audio (from DTS-MA and TrueHD sources). Like Lenovo Idea Centre 300 Stick, this has same chip, and is fine if you don't need ATMOS/X. Need to add cost of an ethernet USB adapter though. For now, wi-fi is stuttery for most rips as expected. I just ordered this $20 ethernet/USB3.0 combo hub to review Beelink over wired.

@dukester, I did try the audio driver you had told me about for Bay Trail boxes possibly being able to do HD audio, but didn't work, even after a forced install.

@movie78 and others using D34010WYK NUC, good news, this latest beta graphics/audio driver set works great for both graphics (3D MVC) and audio (ATMOS/X). No longer need to install the old GFX_Win7_8_8.1_64_10.18.10.3540.zip.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-05-08, 23:03)noggin Wrote: I've just installed the most recent build. Have hardly tested it so am not promoting it as a perfect solution. I haven't used it long enough to really evaluate how good or bad it is.

I'm using a cheap USB Hub with integrated Ethernet adaptor and wired Ethernet connected to the single USB port. I think the Micro USB port is for power only.

Thanks,
to one USB you pluged USB HUB that can handle : Ethernet and keyboard with mouse , it has enough power to usb to handle all of it ?

- I would be happy if you can specific what kodi version you have download from kodi.com ? and after you install kodi you install the MVC BUILD from #1 post ?

-how you correct the lip-sync of the audio ?
Thanks.
(2016-05-08, 23:47)hdmkv Wrote: Just tested Beelink Pocket P2 and 3D MVC out of it is excellent, as is LPCM multichannel audio (from DTS-MA and TrueHD sources). Like Lenovo Idea Centre 300 Stick, this has same chip, and is fine if you don't need ATMOS/X. Need to add cost of an ethernet USB adapter though. For now, wi-fi is stuttery for most rips as expected. I just ordered this $20 ethernet/USB3.0 combo hub to review Beelink over wired.

@dukester, I did try the audio driver you had told me about for Bay Trail boxes possibly being able to do HD audio, but didn't work, even after a forced install.

@movie78 and others using D34010WYK NUC, good news, this latest beta graphics/audio driver set works great for both graphics (3D MVC) and audio (ATMOS/X). No longer need to install the old GFX_Win7_8_8.1_64_10.18.10.3540.zip.

Hi,
You have this hub of Anker company : http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Gigabit-Ethe...B014ZOJX7W

what the difference that Lenovo stick 300 can passthrough to receiver DTS-HD or DOLBY HD TRUE on PCM but not via BITSTREAMING ?
(How do I config that on Kodi ? )

Thanks.
(2016-05-08, 23:47)hdmkv Wrote: Just tested Beelink Pocket P2 and 3D MVC out of it is excellent, as is LPCM multichannel audio (from DTS-MA and TrueHD sources). Like Lenovo Idea Centre 300 Stick, this has same chip, and is fine if you don't need ATMOS/X. Need to add cost of an ethernet USB adapter though. For now, wi-fi is stuttery for most rips as expected. I just ordered this $20 ethernet/USB3.0 combo hub to review Beelink over wired.

Are you seeing any effects on 3D playback with this new driver?
The 3D playback had dust(this time it is not blurrinessCool) effect, that was the reason why i did the 2 drivers combination.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Effects? Haven't tested extensively, but 3D looks okay. Dust? Need you to explain that one Smile.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Check AntMan intro scene '' I took a detour through your defense lab'' the metal table..
And let me know if you see anything with the new beta drivers
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-05-08, 23:06)dukester Wrote: no atmos, DTS X, trueHD, or DTS HD currently at all with that device. you can how ever get 7.1 PCM output for HD audio (true HD and DTS HD only)
neighbour Wrote:what the difference that Lenovo stick 300 can passthrough to receiver DTS-HD or DOLBY HD TRUE on PCM but not via BITSTREAMING ?

Thanks.

The difference is no HD audio codec support with that device on windows currently.. but like I previously said (and noggin too) you can still output DTS-HD MA and Dolby True HD formats as PCM. so your AVR will not recognize the signal as DTSHDMA or TRUEHD but can play them losslessly with zero quality reductions as "LPCM" if your AVR supports it(it should for sure) , but LPCM doesnt and cant ever support atmos or dtsx.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
(2016-04-17, 20:19)dukester Wrote: ...I love the AVR so far but have an issue, can you confirm it also..

Sorry it took me so long to test it out, I got busy with life and then had surgery last week so just now getting around to this while I sit at home not able to really do anything else lol.

But, I didn't see anything wrong with the app. It took me awhile to get the app connected, because apparently my receiver has to get a hard power off/power on to be able to show the OSD or connect to my Wifi. Here's the files I tested and what showed in the app:

Movies with DTS-HD MA 7.1 tracks:
Aladdin - displayed as 7.1
300 Rise of an Empire - displayed as 7.1
A Good Day to Die Hard - displayed as 7.1
Ant-Man was 7.1 - displayed as 7.1
The Avengers was 7.1 - displayed as 7.1
Avengers Age of Ultron - displayed as 7.1

Movies with DTS-HD MA 5.1 tracks:
Annie - displayed as 5.1
Back to the Future - displayed as 5.1
Bad Boys - displayed as 5.1
Bad Boys II - displayed as 5.1

(2016-04-17, 20:19)dukester Wrote: samples below exibit same thing, first one with paint cans shows playback as 5.1 dts-hd ma, the next one, with the couple on the couch plays as 7.1 dts-hd ma

http://www.demo-world.eu/download-2d-tra...mphony.jpg

http://www.demo-world.eu/download-2d-tra...ersion.jpg

Those links don't point to anything, so I didn't try them
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
(2016-05-09, 01:38)movie78 Wrote: Are you seeing any effects on 3D playback with this new driver?
The 3D playback had dust(this time it is not blurrinessCool) effect, that was the reason why i did the 2 drivers combination.

I haven't seen that, and I stay up to date on all the drivers (never used old drivers or the 2 driver combination). I've been using this driver since it was released a few weeks ago. Granted I have the i5 version of your NUC, so maybe a little different, but same drivers..
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
(2016-05-09, 14:17)dukester Wrote:
(2016-05-08, 23:06)dukester Wrote: no atmos, DTS X, trueHD, or DTS HD currently at all with that device. you can how ever get 7.1 PCM output for HD audio (true HD and DTS HD only)
neighbour Wrote:what the difference that Lenovo stick 300 can passthrough to receiver DTS-HD or DOLBY HD TRUE on PCM but not via BITSTREAMING ?

Thanks.

The difference is no HD audio codec support with that device on windows currently.. but like I previously said (and noggin too) you can still output DTS-HD MA and Dolby True HD formats as PCM. so your AVR will not recognize the signal as DTSHDMA or TRUEHD but can play them losslessly with zero quality reductions as "LPCM" if your AVR supports it(it should for sure) , but LPCM doesnt and cant ever support atmos or dtsx.

Thanks ,
How I configure Kodi to do that LPCM and my Denon 1200 receiver accept LPCM ?

Thanks in advance.
(2016-05-09, 21:25)Neighbour Wrote:
(2016-05-09, 14:17)dukester Wrote:

Thanks.

Thanks ,
How I configure Kodi to do that LPCM and my Denon 1200 receiver accept LPCM ?

Thanks in advance.
This is all in the Wiki as it's Kodi's basic use.
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
So, do you guys know about that?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/udo...board-ever

One of the processor is the N3160 so it's a no go for MVC but what about the N3710?
The specs and price seem almost too good to be true, eh?
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2016-05-09, 20:31)timstephens24 Wrote:
(2016-04-17, 20:19)dukester Wrote: ...I love the AVR so far but have an issue, can you confirm it also..

Sorry it took me so long to test it out, I got busy with life and then had surgery last week so just now getting around to this while I sit at home not able to really do anything else lol.

But, I didn't see anything wrong with the app. It took me awhile to get the app connected, because apparently my receiver has to get a hard power off/power on to be able to show the OSD or connect to my Wifi. Here's the files I tested and what showed in the app:

Movies with DTS-HD MA 7.1 tracks:
Aladdin - displayed as 7.1
300 Rise of an Empire - displayed as 7.1
A Good Day to Die Hard - displayed as 7.1
Ant-Man was 7.1 - displayed as 7.1
The Avengers was 7.1 - displayed as 7.1
Avengers Age of Ultron - displayed as 7.1

Movies with DTS-HD MA 5.1 tracks:
Annie - displayed as 5.1
Back to the Future - displayed as 5.1
Bad Boys - displayed as 5.1
Bad Boys II - displayed as 5.1

(2016-04-17, 20:19)dukester Wrote: samples below exibit same thing, first one with paint cans shows playback as 5.1 dts-hd ma, the next one, with the couple on the couch plays as 7.1 dts-hd ma

http://www.demo-world.eu/download-2d-tra...mphony.jpg

http://www.demo-world.eu/download-2d-tra...ersion.jpg

Those links don't point to anything, so I didn't try them

thanks for testing that, its weird that your not affected. Pioneer or Onkyo tech support confirmed the issue, but i get no updates on an update from them unless i write them back. I've learned to live with it as its only a false reading and 7.1 DTS is working correctly.
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10