• 62(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-05-09, 03:51)movie78 Wrote: Check AntMan intro scene '' I took a detour through your defense lab'' the metal table..
And let me know if you see anything with the new beta drivers
And... you are right! Nice catch there! I haven't fully watched any 3D BD's since installing the latest beta drivers on my D34010WYK NUC, but the artifact you mention is there. The 'Ant-Man' 3D intro has become quite the 3D evaluation reference piece Big Grin!

Anyway, what you described as "dust" or "blurriness" is actually background plane bits appearing in the foreground plane instead. So, in that scene w/the metal table, the "dust" on the table are really gray patterns, shapes on the table that should be on the table, but w/the latest graphics driver, they're actually above the table, floating in space giving that dusty, blurry effect. I went back to the old GFX_Win7_8_8.1_64_10.18.10.3540 (graphics part only), all looks good.

Kind of hard to see w/o seeing in 3D, but these partially show the difference...

[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Thanks for taking time to look into this, Ant-Man' 3D and The Turtle Tales are my test 3D files..

There something in the Beta GFX driver causing those Artifacts..

PS: This Kodi stuff is getting a little bit expensiveWink

Bought the Synology DS1815+ with 3 5TB

MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
You bastards and your unlimited Kodi budgets!! Big Grin I'm so jealous!
(2016-05-11, 04:02)Statikk Wrote: You bastards and your unlimited Kodi budgets!! Big Grin I'm so jealous!
Laugh It wasn't easy.
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
Can anyone confirm a problem with the 5-05 build playing 3D MVC MKVs with TrueHD/Atmos soundtracks? An ISO of the same movie plays fine but when converted into MVC MKV I'm not able to FF/RW or chapter skip without losing audio> video slows> video freezes. When doing a chapter skip the video actually progresses to the new chapter but the play timer starts back at 0:00> audio loss> slow video> video freeze. I have tested quite a few movies now (Everest, Finding Nemo, Minions, In the Heart of the Sea) and have also tried turning off TrueHD Capable Receiver. I also tried switching off 3D while playing which seemed to have no effect.
I only use MKVs so I will test that tomorrow and report back.
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2016-05-11, 00:38)movie78 Wrote: PS: This Kodi stuff is getting a little bit expensiveWink

I guess I'm a cheapster Big Grin because I've been using this for almost 5 years now and never had a problem with it:

http://www.amazon.com/Mediasonic-H82-SU3...s=probox+8
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
@ArieS I was looking at one of those the other day. What config do you run your drives in?
(2016-05-11, 12:06)ArieS Wrote:
(2016-05-11, 00:38)movie78 Wrote: PS: This Kodi stuff is getting a little bit expensiveWink

I guess I'm a cheapster Big Grin because I've been using this for almost 5 years now and never had a problem with it:

http://www.amazon.com/Mediasonic-H82-SU3...s=probox+8

The reason why i bought the Synology is because of RAID 5 (SHR) , i don't think the Mediasonic support RAID.

PS:Celebrating my 2000 post...Nod
How's your DS1815+ set-up coming along? Initially, does take a while, but it's set-it-and-forget-it after that ... been that way w/my 1812+ for 4 years now. One of the most reliable electronic/computer gears I've ever bought.

I am jealous of your 8x 5TB HDD's though ... even if you choose SHR2, that's a hefty 30TB of storage, and w/SHR1, 35TB Big Grin!

My HT
(2016-05-11, 16:27)hdmkv Wrote: How's your DS1815+ set-up coming along? Initially, does take a while, but it's set-it-and-forget-it after that ... been that way w/my 1812+ for 4 years now. One of the most reliable electronic/computer gears I've ever bought.

I am jealous of your 8x 5TB HDD's though ... even if you choose SHR2, that's a hefty 30TB of storage, and w/SHR1, 35TB Big Grin!

It's taking 1 hour to do 1% of Parity Verification, at that rate I think it is going to take 100hours/4 daysAngry to finish.
4 years without any issue, good to know, hope it last that long, thinking of keeping this server for a long time...

No, I am starting off with 3/5TB 3/3TB and 2/2TB wish I had that much money to get 8/5TB Sad

(2016-05-11, 16:39)movie78 Wrote: It's taking 1 hour to do 1% of Parity Verification, at that rate I think it is going to take 100hours/4 daysAngry to finish.
Yep, takes a while.
My HT
(2016-05-11, 08:32)Statikk Wrote: Can anyone confirm a problem with the 5-05 build playing 3D MVC MKVs with TrueHD/Atmos soundtracks? An ISO of the same movie plays fine but when converted into MVC MKV I'm not able to FF/RW or chapter skip without losing audio> video slows> video freezes.

I'm not having this issue. I just tested it with Jupiter Ascending (5.1.2 Atmos/7.1 TrueHD) and Finding Nemo (7.1 TrueHD). I did have audio sync issues after skipping around, but stopping and then playing for 5 minutes the audio/video stayed in sync.

(2016-05-11, 00:38)movie78 Wrote: Bought the Synology DS1815+ with 3 5TB

I have a DS1815+ too with 8 4TB NAS drives. Love this thing, it runs everything I want. I need to get a DX513 expansion drive soon and throw in 5 more 4TB NAS drives I've gotten over the past 4 months since I have about 8TB of space left. I'm running RAID5 though, but also keep everything backed up to USB drives.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
(2016-05-11, 16:55)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-05-11, 16:39)movie78 Wrote: It's taking 1 hour to do 1% of Parity Verification, at that rate I think it is going to take 100hours/4 daysAngry to finish.
Yep, takes a while.

Called Synology support, they told me to delete the volume then recreate it , but the time in the initial setup I should not check for consistency Parity verification.Blush
Yeah, it's just a safeguard thing... your Synology will still be able to notify you when any drive may be going bad. In 4 years, I've only had to replace two failing drives.

Did you go w/SHR1 or SHR2? I did latter and need to see if I can switch to SHR1... I think the chance of two drives failing at once is quite rare.

Anyway, we should probably take this thread back to Intel and MVC talk, even though diversions into related gear are fun Smile.
My HT
  • 62(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10