Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-05-15, 03:35)dukester Wrote:
(2016-05-15, 01:24)santiagodraco Wrote: Gotcha.

Uploaded a log. We'll see how it goes. http://goo.gl/lKH6ri

Just as a matter of future reference:

1. Played several Blu-rays (2D and 3D) with Directsound enabled (not WASAPI) by mistake. However what's interesting is that multi-channel audio worked via Kodi (while not working in Windows). 3D playback was jittery (no 3D). Running 1080p. Weird since it worked previously at 4k.
2. Played a few at the end of the session with WASAPI enabled along with all passthrough options on. No audio (except for one in stereo). Passthrough a no go. 3D playback was broken as well.

So for this log run in 1080p had broken 3D and HD audio/passthrough. Under 4k before everything worked except audio.

Weirdness. Smile

try setting both audio options to "WASAPI HDMI - DENON-AVRHD (Intel® Display Audio)" or the similar setting you have, neither should be on DirectSound, change your channels from 2.0 to 7.1 and then enable pass-through and select all the available modes except DD+ as its currently broken, if it still doesnt work correctly, we can still see if you get 7.1 LPCM by disabling pass-through and replaying the same videos.

As I mentioned in my post I ran it both ways. The DirectSound runs were by accident (due to connection changes).

In any case I'm returning the Skull Canyon. Considering the price and the problems... it's not worth it. Without HDMI audio functioning (and I'm convinced at this point that the issue is with the hardware/firmware or drivers) I can't justify the purchase. I only gain one thing from the device (assuming it worked properly) and that is Blu-Ray 3D and 4k 60hz.

I'll stick with my Nvidia Shield TV for now as my main box (which is, frankly, far superior to the Skull Canyon NUC) which does 10bit, 4k 60hz and gaming much better than the SC NUC. Not to mention it's less than half the price.

I'm going to keep an eye out for mATX motherboards over the next several months for one that supports 4k 60hz and mvc. I will then upgrade my current HTPC (which is running an i7 2700 and nvidia 740 in a Moncaso half height case). This current HTPC also works great, supports 4k, does 3D Blu-ray using PDVD externally and supports full power on/off using a Simrec PCS2.

So the adventure continues. Thanks to everyone who has provided feedback/advice on the testing of the Skull Canyon NUC. Hoping to complete the HTPC picture this year with upcoming hardware but for now sticking with the current config. Now back to playing with my HTC Vive Smile

Messages In This Thread
What about xvYCC / x.v.Color - by ma9ick - 2016-04-15, 14:01
RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - by santiagodraco - 2016-05-15, 23:02
June 30 download link broken? - by CooperCGN - 2016-08-02, 08:18
MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-09-18, 15:09
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by robsch - 2019-10-08, 17:41
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-10-13, 22:33
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10