Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-05-21, 16:12)rewsteruk Wrote:
(2016-05-21, 13:42)Neighbour Wrote:
(2016-05-21, 02:21)rewsteruk Wrote: Thanks for the great info on this forum. Set up a Gigabyte Brix BXBT-1900 (Celeron J1900) \ 4GB \ 250 GB Samsung SSD, works with just a slight lip sync with 3D MVC playback with DTS-MA, this is with the 12 May build. Updated Intel Graphics to 10.18.10.4358 using device manager.

I had to use 'Windowed Full Screen' set to enabled (rather than disabled in the examples) to get the 3D MKVs to play at 24Hz, otherwise they played @ 30Hz on my LG passive 3D TV with a some juddering.

As I also required bitperfect CD audio playback from my Flac files but with wasapi in Kodi no sound is played to my Pioneer VSX-510 Receiver for music with sample rate of 44100 at either 16 or 24 bit (my 24/96000 files worked fine), this Intel Display Audio issue seems to have been around a while and reported in 2012. The workaround i used was to change the Kodi refresh rate to 30p, all my videos still play at the correct refresh rate after setting this. Only minor downside is the interface is not as smooth, but I changed the skin setting for sliding to off, it still looks excellent.

If you want to use a desktop music app with bitperfect audio, then change the refresh rate in the Intel Graphics Properties to 30p. This was tested with foobar2000 with wasapi addon, at 60p no sound, at 30p music plays bitperfect.

There was a Microsoft HDMI Audio driver mentioned in a forum, but when installed you loose Full HD audio bitstreaming.

which "wasapi addon" you download ? do you have link ?(and 30p not set problem on video 3D playback ? )
How do you check that the music plays bitperfect ? in monitor of receiver or other way ?

and How you change the the kodi to 24HZ for 3D instead 30HZ?( or you did at on tv monitor and not on kodi ? )

Thanks.

To Install WASAPI In foobar2000
Library Menu > Configure > Components > Get More Components > Search for "WASAPI" > install the "WASAPI output support"
Configure foobar2000 to use WASAPI
Library Menu > Configure > Playback > Output > On the device dropdown select WASAPI: Name of Device (ie VSX-510)

Play a 16/44.1 FLAC file, you will get silence (because of the Intel issue), change the refresh to 30p and sound will be passed to the receiver. To test the digital stream is not being interfered with, try changing the volume on the windows task bar, it will not change and you will not hear the usual chime sound when you click different places on the volume control.

Kodi uses the same WASAPI method to pass lossless HD audio to be decoded by the receiver, so it is bitperfect.

Setting 30p for the interface/desktop does not cause an issue as the Adjust Display Refresh Rate = On Start / Stop Setting in Kodi will change the video refresh rate to the correct setting, ie for most files this will change to 24Hz (23.976), my PAL DVDs change to 50Hz etc.

Hope this helps

Thanks very much . it is very helpful.

about your sentence : "change the refresh to 30p and sound will be passed to the receiver"
you mean to change to "30p" on Kodi / Intel graphic card setting / LG TV Setting ?

I have denon 1200 receiver - on WASAPI: Name of Device (ie Denon 1200 ) ?

you install the WIP version and do all the settings change like post #1 or you only install and play the 3D iso and it works ?

I have 24p Cinema option on LG UF850 4K 3D - I need to use that on my Lenovo stick 300 with 3D ISO content on Kodi WIP or just standart setting will do the same job ?

Do you have any addons that I can install on Kodi that will bring me fron NAS all the FLAC albums with CD charts and image ?

Thanks .

Messages In This Thread
What about xvYCC / x.v.Color - by ma9ick - 2016-04-15, 14:01
RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - by Neighbour - 2016-05-21, 17:21
June 30 download link broken? - by CooperCGN - 2016-08-02, 08:18
MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-09-18, 15:09
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by robsch - 2019-10-08, 17:41
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-10-13, 22:33
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10