• 72(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-05-21, 21:27)hifihedgehog Wrote:
(2016-05-20, 23:13)santiagodraco Wrote:
(2016-05-19, 20:58)ciscostud Wrote: I see Intel on their forum is suggesting you try the display port with an adapter on their new Skull Canyon NUC for 5.1 passthrough. It very well could work, but this is a work around and not a fix. It needs to work on HDMI!!

That's not a viable work around and if that is their only solution it's bs. There are no 4k60hz adapters out there right now so you are going to be limited to 30hz. Secondly this should never have made it past QA. How hard is it to test this? Sorry, had to vent.

I sent mine back already and won't be buying another. I'll wait for new mATX boards to come out supporting 4k6hz HDMI (or adapters) and upgrade my already great HTPC system. Should have done that in the first place Wink

Incorrect. There have been UHD/4K 60 Hz capable DP to HDMI adapters since the early part of this year. See ciscostud's link for the second major adapter. The first such HDMI 2.0a adapter to be released was Club3D's.

Thanks, I'll look. I checked all I could find on Amazon and none supported 60hz.
(2016-05-20, 04:56)ciscostud Wrote:
(2016-05-20, 00:07)hifihedgehog Wrote:
(2016-05-14, 16:06)santiagodraco Wrote: A few updates (and some responses to questions above).

Regarding the audio issue (stereo only, no audio in Kodi):
1. Over HDMI I only get stereo audio. Windows audio settings are set correctly. If using mini-displayport to HDMI adapter I get full 7.1 with passthrough. IE eveything works with Displayport but NOT HDMI.
2. Kodi works and passes through HD audio great with Displayport.
3. Displayport is not a solution for me as it only gives 30hz and not 60hz. This could be an adapter issue but remains to be seen as I have not found one that states 60hz at 4k.
4. I've reinstalled graphics drivers to no avail. I have not yet tried a different HDMI adapter, will try that today.
5. WASAPI was selected. Note that I mentioned the audio issue is in Windows itself (and Kodi by extension).
6. 4k and 1080p both have the issue.

Regarding Kodi/3D:
1. Quality is excellent.
2. 3D movies start in over/under, not sure why. Driving me nuts. Once I hit the 3D button for the Samsung display it corrects.
3. HDMKV: how can I verify that I am running in 10bit 4k on the NUC? I don't see anywhere to enable 10bit vs 8. My hardware supports it (Denon 6200 and Samsung 8500).

(2016-05-19, 20:58)ciscostud Wrote: I see Intel on their forum is suggesting you try the display port with an adapter on their new Skull Canyon NUC for 5.1 passthrough. It very well could work, but this is a work around and not a fix. It needs to work on HDMI!!

See the topmost quoted comment. Displayport to HDMI has no problem outputting multichannel surround sound. The problem is the native HDMI port does not support multichannel surround sound. You are so right. A workaround is not a fix. They need to fix this $650 investment. Its HDMI sound is a mess.

Ok. I just ordered a display port 1.2 to HDMI 2.0a active adapter on Amazon. Reviews confirm it is 4K 60 HZ. Not expensive and going to use this work around until they fix HDMI. I feel it is not the hardware and just a matter of time.

http://www.amazon.com/Mini-DisplayPort-H...+2.0+4k+60

The adapter I ordered arrived and I still can't get more than stereo through display port! Also the active adapter causes little spec artifacts on the screen too! Not a solution at least for me!
Hi,

i am a new user of this Kodi Build by Afedchin with a NUC 4010. 3D MVC with the special video driver shown in post 1 of this tread is fine.
As a user of Prime Instant and skygo in Germany i have tried to install the new amazon prime plugin by sandmann. This addon could be used in kodi 17 with the inputstream addon. The problem is, i couldnt activate the inputstream addon in our kodi 17 build, i didnt found the inputstream addon.
Is it possible to integrate the inputstream addon or to install it?

Regards

Gerald
(2016-05-21, 23:16)rewsteruk Wrote: @Neighbour

Quote:You see if you have 30hz or 24HZ with info bottom on LG remote control ?

Yes, if info button shows 30Hz on screen then enable Windowed Full Screen setting should then show 24Hz after change.

Quote: you have image of this feature disable 3D on full screen that I don't disable it ?

If it already shows 24Hz then just leave Window Full Screen setting as it is.

Thanks ,

I must 24HZ or can I play it with no problem on 30Hz ?

and if I do all the settings and it on 24HZ before I get to full screen function can I skip it ?

Thanks.
@Neighbour

Quote:I must 24HZ or can I play it with no problem on 30Hz ?

The video will always look smoother, if the refresh rate of the tv is the same as the video. If you play a 24Hz at 30Hz there will be juddering, but it depends how sensitive your eyes are to it.

Quote:and if I do all the settings and it on 24HZ before I get to full screen function can I skip it ?

You could do but this would only work if all your videos were 24fps. I would get the TV auto switching to the correct framerate, you have a model of TV similar to mine (might even be the newer version, so it should work)
I'm thinking about getting a D34010WYK1.
So a question for hdmkv, movie78 and woronkzac. Have you guys tried to play h265 videos on your NUC?
I'm wondering if that would be powerful enough to do so.
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2016-05-22, 19:36)rewsteruk Wrote: @Neighbour

Quote:I must 24HZ or can I play it with no problem on 30Hz ?

The video will always look smoother, if the refresh rate of the tv is the same as the video. If you play a 24Hz at 30Hz there will be juddering, but it depends how sensitive your eyes are to it.

Quote:and if I do all the settings and it on 24HZ before I get to full screen function can I skip it ?

You could do but this would only work if all your videos were 24fps. I would get the TV auto switching to the correct framerate, you have a model of TV similar to mine (might even be the newer version, so it should work)

Thank, I have LG 4K 3D UF850 , like yours ?
and which mode I need to choose that it do auto switch like you ?
(2016-05-22, 21:51)ArieS Wrote: I'm thinking about getting a D34010WYK1.
So a question for hdmkv, movie78 and woronkzac. Have you guys tried to play h265 videos on your NUC?
I'm wondering if that would be powerful enough to do so.

I haven't try H.265 yet, but i will look into it.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-05-22, 19:12)newjoe1 Wrote: Hi,

i am a new user of this Kodi Build by Afedchin with a NUC 4010. 3D MVC with the special video driver shown in post 1 of this tread is fine.
As a user of Prime Instant and skygo in Germany i have tried to install the new amazon prime plugin by sandmann. This addon could be used in kodi 17 with the inputstream addon. The problem is, i couldnt activate the inputstream addon in our kodi 17 build, i didnt found the inputstream addon.
Is it possible to integrate the inputstream addon or to install it?

Regards

Gerald

Install the 5-5 build instead of the 5-12 one.
Main: Intel NUC DN2820FYKH with Intel Celeron N2830 CPU, Windows 10 Professional 64bit, Intel® HD Graphics driver-version 10.18.10.4338. Running afedchin's Windows MVC 3D test build.
Hopefully the next build puts the usual options back in the install. The 05-12 build is fine for just local media use.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
@Neighbour

Quote:Thank, I have LG 4K 3D UF850 , like yours ?

There is no setting on the TV to choose for it to auto switch, that should work for most files as long as the Kodi Adjust Display Refresh Rate = On start/stop setting is set.
In my original post I stated that I did not get the correct refresh rate when playing 3D MKV ONLY with the Full Screen Window disabled as in post #1, so my solution was to switch to enable and this worked, I did not have to do anything with my TV. Try the kodi 3D sample file http://kodi.wiki/view/Samples#3D_Test_Clips Full 3D MVC MKV see if the TV's info button shows 24Hz or 30Hz, then try changing the Full Screen Windowed setting if required.
(2016-05-23, 11:01)rewsteruk Wrote: @Neighbour

There is no setting on the TV to choose for it to auto switch, that should work for most files as long as the Kodi Adjust Display Refresh Rate = On start/stop setting is set.
In my original post I stated that I did not get the correct refresh rate when playing 3D MKV ONLY with the Full Screen Window disabled as in post #1, so my solution was to switch to enable and this worked, I did not have to do anything with my TV. Try the kodi 3D sample file http://kodi.wiki/view/Samples#3D_Test_Clips Full 3D MVC MKV see if the TV's info button shows 24Hz or 30Hz, then try changing the Full Screen Windowed setting if required.

Good Luck!!!Cool
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-05-23, 01:01)hdmkv Wrote: Hopefully the next build puts the usual options back in the install. The 05-12 build is fine for just local media use.

In 05-12 like you used in Beerlink P2 , it hasn't work on streaming 3D ISO from the network NAS ?

Thanks , where on the kodi settings have "the full screen windows" enable/disable?
(2016-05-23, 13:26)movie78 Wrote:

Good Luck!!!Cool

Thanks.
I had no issue streaming from NAS on Beelink P2, with a USB to Ethernet hub attached, to make the P2 wired. By local media playback, I meant not streamed off the Internet Smile.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-05-22, 04:12)ciscostud Wrote: The adapter I ordered arrived and I still can't get more than stereo through display port! Also the active adapter causes little spec artifacts on the screen too! Not a solution at least for me!

I have a Yamaha RX-A1020, ordered the same adapter and had the same graphics glitches--I didn't test multi-channel audio because of the glitches, I just gave up.

I also ordered this cable, mini-DisplayPort male to HDMI male, and it worked perfectly with my HDMI 2.0 switch + Yamaha RX-A1020: http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Disp...ge_o01_s00

I have no graphics glitches and proper multi-channel (I have only tested 5.1) bitstreaming.

It's not a "solution" since HDMI is obviously broken, but at least I'm now able to use the new NUC instead of putting it on ice until Intel releases a fix.
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10