Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
Solution for Intel Graphic Driver problem Intel NUC D34010WYK/H and frame skipping while playing 3d mkv Side by Side (german TV recordings Sky 3D),

In the last two weeks i have installed a 3D Solution with an Intel NUC DN2820FYKH for my wife and my son. Thereby unfortunately i have to find out, that the AVR Onkyo TX-NR3007 is only an HDMI 1.3 Device and no framepacked 3D was possible. For this fault the solution was a Ligawo 4x2 HDMI 3D Matrix with a SPDIF optical audio out to onkyo avr (no more HD Audio anymore). All HDMI Connections were wired through the HDMI Matrix. HDMI1 In skybox, HDMI2 In Intel NUC, HDMI3 In Panasonic Blurayplayer. HDMI B out to TV Pioneer Kuro LX 5090 (Non 3D Device) and HDMI A out to Projector Epson EH-TW9200.

With the Ligawo Splitter the Epson projector could recognize framepacked 3D MVC out by Afedchins Kodi or a 3D Bluray via the Panasonic Blurayplayer. With 3D MVC mkv in kodi all was fine

But whether Afedchins Kodi 0505 nor 1205 plays correctly the Sky Side by Side recordings encoded to mkv files. The movies are full with distortions, skipped frames etc. Key o on the keyboard shows that Afedchins Kodi shows the false resultion of 3840x1080 and 25p (Kodi 16 shows 1920x1080 and 50 and the movies plays fine).

Here is my workaround for Afedchins Kodi versions:

Plaese try the following settings in Kodi

- System Settings
-- Display
--- Refresh Rate 50,00

For playing 3D Video only:

- Player Settings
--Videos
--- Adjust display refresh rate: off
--- Allow hardware acceleration DXVA2: on
--- Decode stereo streams in 3d: on

With these settings espacially those for playing 3d mkv files in framepacked and side by side format all was fine without distortions or skipped frames. Tested with Intel NUC DN2820FYKH and Intel NUC D34010WYK/H.

The NUC 34010 is my own. The NUC is wired over an Pioneer SC-LX76 AVR and outpot is gowing ton an projector Panasonic PT-AT6000E. The Intel graphics driver 3540 for this special NUC is with this solution no more longer neccesary. Please try out any newer Intel Driver and post your observations.

My Explanation for this behaviour is, that afedchin (or another person) has described in his clothed thread, that he has implemented a special forced frame rate switching outside the player settings in kodi. This special frame rate switching caused in 3d with the kodi player settings adjust display refresh rate: on start and stop the problems with intel graphic driver in nuc 34010 and the problems in 3d side by side. To avoid these problems you have to shut off adjust display refresh rate in kodi for playing 3d movies.
Smile

Regards

Gerald Paul

Messages In This Thread
What about xvYCC / x.v.Color - by ma9ick - 2016-04-15, 14:01
RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - by newjoe1 - 2016-06-05, 13:34
June 30 download link broken? - by CooperCGN - 2016-08-02, 08:18
MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-09-18, 15:09
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by robsch - 2019-10-08, 17:41
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-10-13, 22:33
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10