• 78(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-06-07, 17:55)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-06-07, 17:37)dukester Wrote:
(2016-06-07, 17:08)hdmkv Wrote: .

i watched the finest hours 2 days ago with no issues either on latest MVC build.

I assume your 3D files are in ISO format.

yes
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-06-07, 18:21)dukester Wrote:
(2016-06-07, 17:55)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-06-07, 17:37)dukester Wrote: i watched the finest hours 2 days ago with no issues either on latest MVC build.

I assume your 3D files are in ISO format.

yes

Then the problem is coming from their ripped 3D MKV files. don't have the Finest Hours yet, hopefully, I can get it this weekend to test
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-06-07, 16:10)movie78 Wrote: Are you guys experiencing the same issues with ISO playback?

Yes MY problem occurs with BOTH .iso files and .mkv files. That's why I thought the problem was with the Graphic Drivers. Beta drivers made no difference to the 3D picture problems. And I have installed the latest Intel Graphics Driver for my NUC (dated 6/1/2016) with still no improvement in the 3D picture quality. The problem may also be compounded by the type of display - in my case the LG 65EF9500, though I suppose that their may be others that are not having problems with their 3D image in their LG 65EF9500 OLED.
NUC: NUC5i5RYH (Intel Core i5-5250U, Intel HD Graphics 6000)
RAM: 16 GB Crucial DDR3-1600
SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 SSD
Display: LG 65EF9500 OLED
AVR: Pioneer Elite SC-99
I've added some of my movies to my NAS as ISOs so I will do more testing.
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
Good news! A fix will be up very shortly for multichannel audio via HDMI 2.0 on the Intel Skull Canyon (NUC6i5KYK) NUC. Stay tuned.
https://communities.intel.com/message/400071#400071
Hopefully bitstreaming? Especially at that price for Skull!
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-06-08, 01:30)hifihedgehog Wrote: Good news! A fix will be up very shortly for multichannel audio via HDMI 2.0 on the Intel Skull Canyon (NUC6i5KYK) NUC. Stay tuned.
https://communities.intel.com/message/400071#400071
Without further ado... *drumroll*
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...are-Update
(2016-06-08, 00:32)ArieS Wrote: I've added some of my movies to my NAS as ISOs so I will do more testing.
Well not so fast, sport...
As of today my NUC D34010WYK is bricked Confused
No way to power it on, I tried to clear the CMOS battery and nothing.
All is related to the issue with Suspend/Sleep mode.
After Googling it, looks like this issue is usually with Linux but I guess not always, since I'm using Windows.
I can't believe that it's been a problem for years, affecting a lot of NUCs and Intel has yet to offer a solution...

https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=...1U-TycCxc4

So if you are using the Sleep function, be aware that it could/probably will happen to you.

Now to send this one back for a replacement... Angry
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
I tried to watch a full 3D movie w/June 3 build last night and had to stop and switch to a different 3D box. It was 'John Carter' 3D ISO and about 5-10 mins in, the 3D picture got all weird. Like what @ppoulos and @ArieS have described. It kinda looks like flip eyes isn't working with 3D picture a bit of a mess. And 'John Carter' is regular left-eye first title... when I tried with HiMedia Q10 Pro, playback was normal.

I'll see if I can reproduce this issue and try a couple other random 3D movies and report back. Will also see if going back to May 12 build resolves the issue.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-06-08, 17:22)hdmkv Wrote: ... Will also see if going back to May 12 build resolves the issue.

Actually I am still using the May 12 build on my NUC and the problem with 3D playback is still present. It has not improved with any subsequent build, and I am not certain if there is a problem with the builds or with the Graphic Drivers.
NUC: NUC5i5RYH (Intel Core i5-5250U, Intel HD Graphics 6000)
RAM: 16 GB Crucial DDR3-1600
SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 SSD
Display: LG 65EF9500 OLED
AVR: Pioneer Elite SC-99
An off the wall question for you experts...

If one had a NUC like the Skull Canyon, or another Intel platform that supported hardware MVC decoding, if you also had a higher end discrete card connected via Thunderbolt... can you even use the built into Intel graphics for MVC decoding? Assuming of course that the discrete card was plugged into the primary display and the Intel wasn't.

Now that the Skull Canyon "apparently" has the HDMI audio issues fixed I am reconsidering but plan to potentially add one of the new ATI 480s when they launch. Pretty powerful card for only 200 bucks!
(2016-06-08, 17:22)hdmkv Wrote: I tried to watch a full 3D movie w/June 3 build last night and had to stop and switch to a different 3D box. It was 'John Carter' 3D ISO and about 5-10 mins in, the 3D picture got all weird. Like what @ppoulos and @ArieS have described. It kinda looks like flip eyes isn't working with 3D picture a bit of a mess. And 'John Carter' is regular left-eye first title... when I tried with HiMedia Q10 Pro, playback was normal.

I'll see if I can reproduce this issue and try a couple other random 3D movies and report back. Will also see if going back to May 12 build resolves the issue.

I had similar issues when I had my Skull Canyon if memory serves. I think there were a few movies that displayed backwards. Not sure if it was the movie or not. Playing through PowerDVD 15 did not have the issue. I'll try to reconfirm with those titles just to be sure.
Hi,

I find out if we want TRUE-HD OR DTS-HD to get work on Lenovo stick 300 or Intel stick we need this driver: intel management engine

I see in intel this devices that fit to this drivers:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?...ent+engine

but I find out that this software : https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...duct=67496
include the intel management engine , but still not for sticks , see on the lists: "This download is valid for the product(s) listed below.".
but If I try to install it on Lenovo stick 300 , do the HD-DTS and TRUE-HD get works ?

I afraid that if I install it ,it can harm to pc or something like that.

Thanks in advance .
(2016-06-09, 00:26)Neighbour Wrote: Hi,

I find out if we want TRUE-HD OR DTS-HD to get work on Lenovo stick 300 or Intel stick we need this driver: intel management engine

I see in intel this devices that fit to this drivers:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?...ent+engine

but I find out that this software : https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...duct=67496
include the intel management engine , but still not for sticks , see on the lists: "This download is valid for the product(s) listed below.".
but If I try to install it on Lenovo stick 300 , do the HD-DTS and TRUE-HD get works ?

I afraid that if I install it ,it can harm to pc or something like that.

Thanks in advance .

I don't think there are any HD Audio-friendly drivers for the Baytrail SoCs that are used in the Lenovo Stick 300. However as it supports PCM 5.1/7.1 output you can go down the lossless decode route and get lossless HD Audio via that route. Your amp DTS-HD or Dolby True HD light won't come on - but you will be getting lossless PCM (it's the same method that early Blu-ray players and the PS3 adopted). You won't get DTS:x or Dolby Atmos via this route - and some metadata-based processing won't be the same - but in basic audio quality the difference is likely to be insignificant.
Surprised no one's talked about the June 8th build... Wink
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
  • 78(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10