• 79(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
I was just coming here to see if anyone had! I did a quick test with my MVC MKV of Everest and it seems that the lock up issue caused by chapter skip/seek on MVC MKVs with TrueHD/ATMOS audio has been fixed. Smile

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...vc_wip.exe
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...vc_wip.pdb

Here is a list of all the new commits to the build since the last build (I think anyways, I'm no github pro). Down at the bottom you will see the commits by afedchin which are more specific to the MVC build.

https://github.com/afedchin/xbmc/compare...4d90005cf7

Does anyone know exactly what this refers to?

Quote:[3DBD] Added support of 3D-BluRay playback.

Is it support for playback from disc folder structure or something?
Main: Intel NUC DN2820FYKH with Intel Celeron N2830 CPU, Windows 10 Professional 64bit, Intel® HD Graphics driver-version 10.18.10.4338. Running afedchin's Windows MVC 3D test build.
(2016-06-09, 00:55)noggin Wrote:
(2016-06-09, 00:26)Neighbour Wrote: Hi,

I find out if we want TRUE-HD OR DTS-HD to get work on Lenovo stick 300 or Intel stick we need this driver: intel management engine

I see in intel this devices that fit to this drivers:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?...ent+engine

but I find out that this software : https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...duct=67496
include the intel management engine , but still not for sticks , see on the lists: "This download is valid for the product(s) listed below.".
but If I try to install it on Lenovo stick 300 , do the HD-DTS and TRUE-HD get works ?

I afraid that if I install it ,it can harm to pc or something like that.

Thanks in advance .

I don't think there are any HD Audio-friendly drivers for the Baytrail SoCs that are used in the Lenovo Stick 300. However as it supports PCM 5.1/7.1 output you can go down the lossless decode route and get lossless HD Audio via that route. Your amp DTS-HD or Dolby True HD light won't come on - but you will be getting lossless PCM (it's the same method that early Blu-ray players and the PS3 adopted). You won't get DTS:x or Dolby Atmos via this route - and some metadata-based processing won't be the same - but in basic audio quality the difference is likely to be insignificant.

Thanks ,
How I get audio quality like true hd and dts-hd ? ( I only uncheck on audio settings : " TrueHD and DTS-HD" and they go to receiver in PCM ?)

About this device : WINTEL W8 PRO , it cost know only $69 .
I has 8300Z intel cpu and 2 gb ram , it is more powerfull from Lenovo stick 300 , you recommended that ? and W8 pro support 3D MVC ?

Thanks in advance.
MSI Cubi Intel Celeron 3205U with May 5 build, it does 3D ok and HD audio passthrough.

The cubi is connected to a Denon x2200w and to Sony W809C TV (active 3D).

I just tested it for a few minutes with Ant-man 3D and audio DTS-MA.
The TV played in 3D mode and the indication from denon was input DTS-MA, signal DTS-MA

@hdmkv, I suppose you can update the xls with this info.
(2016-06-09, 07:53)Statikk Wrote: Does anyone know exactly what this refers to?

Hope @afedchin can explain that I hope that means support for BD MENU for 3D BLU-RAY ,

Anyway, will test tonight with some 3D BD MENU and see if it works.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
@papdoux, thanks MSI Cubi w/Celeron 3205U added to spreadsheet. Did default audio/graphics drivers work fine for you? If not, which versions did?

@Neighbour, Intel x5-Z8300 cannot bitstream HD audio either, same as Z3735F in Lenovo 300 stick. See spreadsheet in post #1 for what can.

@Statikk, thanks for links, added to post #1.

And of course, thanks @afedchin. Planning to re-test first 10 minutes of 'John Carter' 3D ISO and check if this weird issue is still present.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
@afedchin June 8 BUILD

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...vc_wip.exe
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...vc_wip.pdb

Quote:[win32] Added libmfx-1.17-win32 to depends.
[win32] Settings: Added setting to enable/disable MVC decoder.
[ffmpeg] bump ffmpeg to mvc branch.
[VideoPlayer] Added new msdk-mvc decoder.
[dxva] Added supporting for extended view.
[WinRenderer] Added supporting for RENDER_FMT_MSDK_MVC for DXVA rende… …
[WinRenderer] Added support RENDER_FMT_MSSDK_MVC format for 'Pixel Sh… …
[WinRenderer] Added supporting of RENDER_FMT_MSSDK_MVC for 'Software'… …
[Stereo3D] Added block_lr and block_rl to supported modes.
[VideoPlayer] Fix possible wrong aspect.
[VideoPlayer] DemuxFFmpeg: ssif remux
[libbluray] bump libbluray to 0.9.2-mvc.
[BaseRenderer] Fix aspect for TAB/SBS (need more testing)
[VideoPlayer] HasVideo returns true if video stream exists. This don'… …
codecoverlay: Add cpu usage info.
fixup! Revert supporting crappy tab/sbs subtitles. this fixes regular… …
[3d] Make MVC a valid 3D filename tag
[WinRenderer] Increase size of resent buffer for mvc frames.
[mingw] added liblzma to dependencies.
[VideoCodecMFX] Added support of external frame allocators.
[dxvahd] Added support MVC HW surfaces for rendering (only DXVA).
[Settings] Allow change fps from settings.
[VideoPlayer] Disable reading extension stream from input stream if d… …
[RenderSystemDX] hack: sleep a bit after Present() to let decoder thr… …
[WinSystemWin32] Handle WM_DISPLAYCHANGE event.
[mingw] Fix possible build hang if ffmpeg build failed.
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
(2016-06-09, 15:24)movie78 Wrote:

Hope @afedchin can explain that I hope that means support for BD MENU for 3D BLU-RAY ,

I'm just as clueless as the next guy but I think all that means is he merged his mvc branch into his master xbmc branch
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
He is just rebasing his branch on master, meaning he is including all recent pull requests that are merged into Krypton master to his build, if you click the 3D related commits from that list you will see that the newest is from April 28, means no new addition to the 3D front. Only including Krypton new fixes and features.
(2016-06-09, 15:48)dukester Wrote:
(2016-06-09, 15:24)movie78 Wrote:

I'm just as clueless as the next guy but I think all that means is he merged his MVC branch into his master xbmc branch

Unencrypted and some BD MENU works, so I hope that's what he meant.

Work in Progress - Blu-ray Disc Java menus support
(2016-06-09, 15:29)hdmkv Wrote: @papdoux, thanks MSI Cubi w/Celeron 3205U added to spreadsheet. Did default audio/graphics drivers work fine for you? If not, which versions did?

the drivers installed by the intel tool are working fine, at least the the small test I did, I suppose they are the default ones.
(2016-06-08, 17:22)hdmkv Wrote: I tried to watch a full 3D movie w/June 3 build last night and had to stop and switch to a different 3D box. It was 'John Carter' 3D ISO and about 5-10 mins in, the 3D picture got all weird. Like what @ppoulos and @ArieS have described. It kinda looks like flip eyes isn't working with 3D picture a bit of a mess. And 'John Carter' is regular left-eye first title... when I tried with HiMedia Q10 Pro, playback was normal.

I'll see if I can reproduce this issue and try a couple other random 3D movies and report back. Will also see if going back to May 12 build resolves the issue.

I had the issue to but my post was invisible lol. But if you skip forward 10 seconds and back a few times it will go normal for a bit, and if your lucky make it through the movie. Hitting pause cancels the fix too. But that being said, I can watch a couple movies all the way through doing that, and some movies, like Guardians of the Galaxy just can't make it without messing non stop to get it to play normal 3D
(2016-06-09, 15:29)hdmkv Wrote: @papdoux, thanks MSI Cubi w/Celeron 3205U added to spreadsheet. Did default audio/graphics drivers work fine for you? If not, which versions did?

@Neighbour, Intel x5-Z8300 cannot bitstream HD audio either, same as Z3735F in Lenovo 300 stick. See spreadsheet in post #1 for what can.

@Statikk, thanks for links, added to post #1.

And of course, thanks @afedchin. Planning to re-test first 10 minutes of 'John Carter' 3D ISO and check if this weird issue is still present.

Thanks ,
I have question , the quality of 3D ISO with BUILD MVC KODI that play with Lenovo stick 300 as equal as Intel NUC I5 or PC with NVIDIA GTX 1080?

Thanks in advance.
Unless the installed graphics driver is causing the "dirt" like, blurriness, ghosting or other issues, 3D PQ across Intel h/w I've tested (so far 6 different types, NUC/box/stick/laptop) is equally excellent.

I re-watched the first 30 minutes of 'John Carter' 3D last night w/the June 8 build and didn't get the garbled 3D picture this time. May be tough to find a way to show to @afedchin in order to have it addressed; I couldn't replicate the issue.
My Family Room Theater
@hdmkv are you still using the old graphics driver on your nuc. I tried the the latest beta driver 4222 and i find that the quality is not the same has the old driver. The dirt look and the 3d looking weird seems to happen on the newer drivers aleast with the nuc. Another question regaurding the switching of the left eye i still have to manually change mine doesnt change automatic any suggestion. thanks
Yes, still using this old graphics driver: GFX_Win7_8_8.1_64_10.18.10.3540

Re: left eye, that's like 90% of 3D BD's, so you shouldn't have to switch. About 10% are right-eye and most should auto-switch. For example 'Drive Angry' does, but not sure about 'Edge of Tomorrow', 'Rio' and others like 'The Hobbit' trilogy.
My Family Room Theater
  • 79(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10