• 89(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-07-06, 09:14)opeters Wrote: Maybe the Cinema Vision add-on can be used to add the needed pause?

Possibly, but Cinemavision isn't always wanted for every movie or TV show. And it doesn't work if you are watching a movie trailer or other random video through Kodi.
Some info on upcoming Kaby Lake CPU options.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Anyone have any word on micro-ATX motherboards with HDMI 2 (4k 60hz) in the foreseeable future?
(2016-07-07, 16:47)santiagodraco Wrote: Anyone have any word on micro-ATX motherboards with HDMI 2 (4k 60hz) in the foreseeable future?

Is splitting the output not an option?
(2016-07-07, 16:47)santiagodraco Wrote: Anyone have any word on micro-ATX motherboards with HDMI 2 (4k 60hz) in the foreseeable future?

Probably when the refresh comes out this fall. But I personally have given up on Intel. My Skylake is a PoS with 3D on Kodi. No driver or Kodi MVC version works 3D properly without severe massing around with rewind and fast forward until the 3D actually untears, and even then the depth does not seem quite on 100% then you go and hit pause to take a bathroom break to start all over again. I just threw a Nvidia GT640 in with the Intel Media SDK installed and it worked PERFECTLY without a single snag. My friends also report better 3D depth. I do notice the image is not quite as sharp (might be colors) as the Skylake, but again that is just a bugger to get through a movie without events. Nvida's 10xx series are all HDMI 2 4K 60hz capable. They have announced a GT 1030 and a 1040 to address the HTPC setup and I am waiting for that. I am running an ITX system right now and its nice having the Nvida card because it can do some very light gaming too. I imagine the 1040 will be like running games on a GTX750 or even a 760 while keeping low profile for ultra small build and having that great color and sharpness everyone claims Intel has. I believe they are HDMI 2.0b I don't like NUC as it does not accommodate my 6TB 3D ISO drive and USB enclosures are just a dead drive waiting to happen (from experience as a full fledged hardware IT guy).
Can someone explain why mvc support is in official kodi for pi but not for windoWs... For windows we have to use a special builde every time
(2016-07-08, 08:52)flipmode009 Wrote: I don't like NUC as it does not accommodate my 6TB 3D ISO drive and USB enclosures are just a dead drive waiting to happen (from experience as a full fledged hardware IT guy).
It's too bad because frankly, a NUC is just THE answer for 3D with Kodi.
Perfect image, depth, etc with the right drivers.
And as I said before, combine that with LibreELEC on a flash drive for all 2D stuff and you have the ultimate Kodi machine IMO.
Or should I say when we get the 4K NUCs then these will be the ultimate Kodi machine. I don't care about 4K so I'm set Big Grin

I will sell my DN2820 and the ODroid C2 in the following weeks and just keep the NUC D34010WYK.

So maybe you should build yourself a small NAS and get yourself a NUC...
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(

Club3D makes DisplayPort 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 adapter and that will give you 60Hz. Have not tried one out yet, but will at some point in the future on my nuc.
(2016-07-08, 11:11)ArieS Wrote:
(2016-07-08, 08:52)flipmode009 Wrote: I don't like NUC as it does not accommodate my 6TB 3D ISO drive and USB enclosures are just a dead drive waiting to happen (from experience as a full fledged hardware IT guy).
It's too bad because frankly, a NUC is just THE answer for 3D with Kodi.
Perfect image, depth, etc with the right drivers.
And as I said before, combine that with LibreELEC on a flash drive for all 2D stuff and you have the ultimate Kodi machine IMO.
Or should I say when we get the 4K NUCs then these will be the ultimate Kodi machine. I don't care about 4K so I'm set Big Grin

I will sell my DN2820 and the ODroid C2 in the following weeks and just keep the NUC D34010WYK. Did the sameCool

So maybe you should build yourself a small NAS and get yourself a NUC...

Valid Points!!!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
I don't want to use a display port adapter to HDMI 2, hence my question.
Just as an fyi, re Intel Skull Canyon. Supposedly Intel fixed the HDMI HD audio issues... SO... I've decided to give it another go. Received a new unit today and Windows 10 is currently installing. Will report back my findings. Really hoping this thing works as it's a great box. Video is very sharp (compared to my i7 rig with an Nvidia 750ti).

Will let ya all know!
Looking good so far on the Skull Canyon. 3D, 4k, Atmos all working over HDMI. Still have some tweaking to do and will test more titles over the weekend.
(2016-07-08, 09:10)Skank Wrote: Can someone explain why mvc support is in official kodi for pi but not for windoWs... For windows we have to use a special builde every time

it is in the LibreElec build for RPi which does hardware mvc decoding. it i think is essentially a seperate build and maintained by a large community of devs.

the intel mvc wip for windows is apparently one guy who has been doing a fantastic job but never posts here because he got fed up with trying to provide support.

i expect we'll likely see the intel mvc wip drift out of date and come to an end alltogether if it's simply being maintained by one talented dev as a fork.

note that it is a fork because it uses a custom build of ffmpeg for mvc support and that's not proper for the master build
@hdmkv

Have a few questions on getting my setup working properly...

1. 3D/AMOS/Custom Menus: I've got the Estuary Mod installed but for the life of me can't seem to be able to figure out how to setup the 3D playlist items properly as you have in your setup (3D, ATMOS, etc). Would you mind explaining the process for configuring the custom menus and playlists so that I can add the same menu setup you have?
2. I noticed that for the menu item widgets you are supposed to be able to configure those (by widget I mean say the display of posters across the main page when Movies are highlighted) to change the display type. When customizing a menu I can only select the widget but get no sub-configuration item to change the poster style.
3. Is there a way to create a TV widget view on the home page for when TV Shows are highlighted that will display "recently aired" (like Plex does)?
4. When playing back 3D MVC movies I am seeing them as over/under and have to manually change the TV 3D mode to display in 3D which then works fine. Also when I view the 3D mode I see "block_lr" and not what is expected which is hvec I think? I am running in 4k and playback is also in 4k (24p). I'm wondering if this might be my issue. I really don't want to run at 1080p as primary (but have no problem playing movies back at native resolution).

Basically I'm looking for a guide on setting up Kodi similar to yours and making sure it works properly. I have it setup per the guide on page 1 currently.

Thanks!

EDIT: Tried changing my display resolution AND Kodi's to 1080p. If I try to playback video I get no display but I get audio but the audio stutters in and out (ie plays for a second, no sound for a second, plays... back and forth). So not sure what the issue is as this occurs with 3D and normal blu-ray/mkv video played in Kodi. I suspect Intel might not have all of their issues worked out. I should note that I do have refresh rate switching on in Kodi.
Thank you for explanation about MVC support in official build Smile
Do you know difference(s) between official build and this build (except MVC support) ?
  • 89(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10