• 90(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-07-10, 11:09)NicCo Wrote: Thank you for explanation about MVC support in official build Smile
Do you know difference(s) between official build and this build (except MVC support) ?

At least automatic subtitle 3DConfusedation doesn't work on my end (June 8th build). Before I used 3D-subtitler but then I figured out Kodi does it automatically on side-by-side movies etc.

It's a bummer I don't get it to work when I have working MVC... back to 3D-subtitler or I should test the newest build. Blush
Are you saying that for 3D MVC MKV movies subtitles don't come on automatically? If that's what you mean you can set the header for the subtitles in the file to be forced which will put them on automatically. Google MKV headers and MVKToolNixGUI to learn how to do it. It's very easy.
(2016-07-10, 18:16)Charger Hellcat Wrote: Are you saying that for 3D MVC MKV movies subtitles don't come on automatically? If that's what you mean you can set the header for the subtitles in the file to be forced which will put them on automatically. Google MKV headers and MVKToolNixGUI to learn how to do it. It's very easy.

I didn't make myself clear enough, so I mean Kodi automatically doubled the subtitles on the screen ---> both side-by-side images had its own subtitles on its own 960x1080 half. When 3D is applied, subtitles look normal, on the bottom of the screen (subtitles look 3D).
MVC build doesnt do this subtitle doubling on its own on HSBS movies, so subtitles show on the left side of the screen (subtitles are on the left image, not on the right image --> no 3D on subtitles and messed up subtitle location)

Though on MVC titles subtitles are OK, bottom/middle of the screen and 3D effect on them is applied.
(2016-07-08, 11:11)ArieS Wrote:
(2016-07-08, 08:52)flipmode009 Wrote: I don't like NUC as it does not accommodate my 6TB 3D ISO drive and USB enclosures are just a dead drive waiting to happen (from experience as a full fledged hardware IT guy).
It's too bad because frankly, a NUC is just THE answer for 3D with Kodi.
Perfect image, depth, etc with the right drivers.
And as I said before, combine that with LibreELEC on a flash drive for all 2D stuff and you have the ultimate Kodi machine IMO.
Or should I say when we get the 4K NUCs then these will be the ultimate Kodi machine. I don't care about 4K so I'm set Big Grin

I will sell my DN2820 and the ODroid C2 in the following weeks and just keep the NUC D34010WYK.

So maybe you should build yourself a small NAS and get yourself a NUC...

That is all great except I can not take my system with me ready to go to play elsewhere. I have a spare 3D projector and a Portable 110" screen that we do movie in the back yard in the summer. The NAS route also provides slow ISO access times and slow seek times, not to mention has a high out of sync risk due to network throttling that can occur. Internal drive is still the best solution for this use. It Skylake mainstream that has the issue I am gathering. I went back a generation to my wife's computer (Z97) it worked fine, but the video defiantly is not as clear. I understand Skylake NUC works fine, but you should also note they are a completely different CPU than the desktop variant, they are actually a Laptop CPU. At least using the Nvidia setup, I can double as a mobile gaming rig too. I'm not complaining, just sharing my experience with those that are looking to go the same route as I did. So far the Nvida has been 10/10.
Thank you Wink is it possible to install this build and official build on the same machine ?
(2016-07-11, 15:04)NicCo Wrote: Thank you Wink is it possible to install this build and official build on the same machine ?

No!

One will overwrite the other...

Unless you are willing to try OpenElec and Windows Kodi.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Ok thank you but no I want to install only Windows and not a dual boot
New, pricier ($390) Intel Compute Stick w/Core m3-6Y30 CPU... and HD audio bitstreaming support:

- AnandTech review
- CNET review
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-07-11, 15:04)NicCo Wrote: Thank you Wink is it possible to install this build and official build on the same machine ?
There's really no point to install both builds if you only want to use Windows.
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
Timpppa said it doesn't support 3D subtitles so perhaps there are others issues ?
It's possible, simply install to different Directories and use portable mode to start the 2nd kodi.exe (parameter -p)

Gesendet von meinem E5823 mit Tapatalk

I have two on the same machine. I use 16 for my normal use and this 3D build in portable mode.

EDIT: Whoops missed the last post.
Thank you Smile
For those in the US considering purchasing a new Skylake NUC Newegg has the NUC6i3SYK onsale right now for $239 with the promo-code "0711FANTECH504".

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...800524&SID=

edit: It appears to also be the same price for Amazon Prime members today.
Having problems getting the Aeon Madnox skin working with the June 30th build, tried on 2 PC's and get the following error "The dependency on xbmc GUI version 5.10.0 could not be found" any ideas how to fix this?
  • 90(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10