• 93(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
Don't know... DD+ has been broken for me ever since I started testing the MVC Kodi builds several months ago. Remains broken (no audio) with MVC 714 build.

If I disable the passthrough option for DD+ in Kodi, I do get full multichannel PCM out of both 5.1 and 7.1 DD+ tracks.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
So I tried this just now as MVC works perfect on MPC-HC, but the subtitles are flat. So it worked, but it keeps putting the videos into top and bottom mode and I have to manually put the projector into top and bottom mode. Is that the way its supposed to go? With MPC-HC and madvr, it automatically switches to stereo mode and thats that. Do I have to leave stereo mode enabled on the resolution on windows at all times for this? My playercore file also doesn't seem to be working with this, is there some change for this version? Subs were working beautifully.

I am using an I3 6100 but I didn't connect to internal graphics, I was using GTX950. I didn't download any separate file, could that be the issue?

EDIT: same thing happened playing ISO and MKV MVC

EDIT2: So I tried again just now, I set the resolution to 3d before going into Kodi and now it played correctly. However, with Madvr and MPC-hc it automatically sets 3d resolution and takes it off when not playing 3d. I might be crazy, but it looks like with 3d enabled on the resolution that the screen is a lot lighter. Do you guys just leave it in 3d resolution all the time for 3d and non 3d?

It actually stopped working and was just showing I guess 2D at the end, but I tried playing with the internal graphics as well and I think something got botched up with KODI, i'll have to try again. with the internal Intel 530 graphics it was skipping and stuff and didn't look smooth. I don't know if thats because its not set primary or because I didn't reboot when switching between the cards.
@robl45, that doesn't sound right. It should switch to 3D mode with 3D content, and back to 2D UI after video playback is done. Try with internal graphics; Intel 530 should be more than capable. May be a driver issue.

Kaby Lake may support HDR if rumors are to be believed here.
My Family Room Theater
(2016-07-25, 23:09)hdmkv Wrote: @robl45, that doesn't sound right. It should switch to 3D mode with 3D content, and back to 2D UI after video playback is done. Try with internal graphics; Intel 530 should be more than capable. May be a driver issue.

Kaby Lake may support HDR if rumors are to be believed here.

You know I tried this afternoon again. This time it was switching to 3d properly. The Nvidia card was working and then decided it wouldn't work, just kept getting blank screen with Kodi for some reason. So I switched to the intel HD530 internal and it worked sort of. I am getting glitches when playing john carter and Avengers, both with 8 channel audio, Jaws 3d was working fine with 2 channel audio. Is that a problem with the audio? I don't have any audio hooked up, just hooking the HDMI to my projector since I don't have hdmi receiver yet and no SPDIF on this board. I got the same glitch or no glitch with the files using either video card so I"m assuming it has something to do with the audio i the two that glitch.

Still can't get the playercore factory to work with this version though.

EDIT: noticed with the intel in 3d as opposed to the nvidia that it appears to be doubling the refresh rate in 3d, is this normal?
(2016-07-25, 23:41)robl45 Wrote: Still can't get the playercore factory to work with this version though.

EDIT: noticed with the intel in 3d as opposed to the nvidia that it appears to be doubling the refresh rate in 3d, is this normal?
No need for playercorefactory.xml as you're using the Kodi MVC build (see post #1) to natively render 3D, not some external player like PDVD or TMT. And, no, the doubling of refresh rate doesn't sound normal... unless you mean something like 29.970 being shown as 60, which is acceptable. I suspect your nVidia graphics card may be the issue... I'd try disabling it under device manager and using the internal graphics w/settings as listed and shown in post #1.
My Family Room Theater
It definitely doubled in madvr. I'll have to check kodi again. The playercore is needed if I want to play 2d external which I'd like to do. Any idea on the weird glitching?

(2016-07-26, 02:21)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-07-25, 23:41)robl45 Wrote: Still can't get the playercore factory to work with this version though.

No need for playercorefactory.xml as you're using the Kodi MVC build (see post #1) to natively render 3D, not some external player like PDVD or TMT. And, no, the doubling of refresh rate doesn't sound normal... unless you mean something like 29.970 being shown as 60, which is acceptable. I suspect your nVidia graphics card may be the issue... I'd try disabling it under device manager and using the internal graphics w/settings as listed and shown in post #1.
(2016-07-26, 02:26)robl45 Wrote: It definitely doubled in madvr. I'll have to check kodi again. The playercore is needed if I want to play 2d external which I'd like to do. Any idea on the weird glitching?

(2016-07-26, 02:21)hdmkv Wrote:

What do you mean by 2D external?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Like mpc-hc for anything that isn't 3d.
(2016-07-26, 14:54)robl45 Wrote: Like mpc-hc for anything that isn't 3d.

But @afedchin MVC build also support 2D playback.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Your playercorefactory is never going to work properly with this build for what you are trying to do.
I too like choosing (within the Kodi GUI context menu) the internal or external player for 2D or 3D playback.
Context menu selections are 2D, 3D, (both external player) or Video Player (the Kodi internal player).
These are via bat files directed from a proper playercorefactory.
For 3D using an external player, you must manually add a switch to globally switch stereoscopic ON.
I have done this using an add-on for the command and added it to Favorites in my menu.
I simply navigate to it and select it. Done.

I think what you don't understand is this:
Using this build and Nvidia, the global setting for stereoscopic is DISABLED when Kodi starts and ENABLED once you quit Kodi.
That's so that 2D titles don't switch the display into 3D.
Nvidia thinks any bdmv is 3D regardless if it's 2D or not.
This is the countermeasure.
Furthermore, SBS and TAB do not require stereoscopic be enabled since they are NOT bdmv causing Nvidia confusion.

This creates a problem for external players.
Since Kodi is open and running when the external player is called and opened, global stereoscopic is DISABLED.
If you are trying to play a 3D title using the external player, the display will not switch into 3D until you manually ENABLE stereoscopic.
This manual switch is what I added to my menu making ANY player selection, ANY file extension, and 2D or 3D choice of playback simplified.

This thread is for NUC's using Intel. I understand Nvidia discussion here is probably frowned on but hope it helps robl45 with his dilemma and understanding that Nvidia does indeed work very good as well as Intel using afedchin builds. Further details can be found in my guide. Good luck.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
I'm using Intel now, ditching the Nvidia for this purpose. I'm not sure you understand what I'm looking for. Ideally I want to watch 3d with the MVC build and for 2d films have it go out to MPC-HC. The playercore factory is not recognized period by this.

At any rate, I tried again to use the 3d with the MVC build, this time using the intel internal graphics with the same results, the MKVs are glitching. I tried the same movies in blueray format and they are playing fine. The same MKV's play on mpc-hc using madvr and Lav just fine. Does anyone have any idea on this? And I still can't get the stupid speaker icon at the top right to go away. I thought it was because nothing was connected to audio but I connected something and still it won't go away. Its not on mute, just showing full volume and doesn't leave. Glitches in the MKV's happen with nvidia or intel so it seems to be something with the build. Curious they don't appear to happen when i play the jaws 3d built with 2 stereo instead of 7.1 audio so I'm still thinking something with the audio in the files is screwing things up.
We all have reasons for still needing an external player to fill the voids Kodi internal player cannot..... yet.
I still use a choice of players for menu support since I rip complete bdmv's to iso and Kodi does not support all menus at this time.
There are many titles that chapters skip out of sequence also. This is true for both internal and external players. One or the other usually solves this.
I know of no reason for the need to use MPCHC for 2D.mkv playback as movie78 stated. Your reasoning "MKVs are glitching" is independent to your hardware/software alone imo. We have no problems using Intel or Nvidia. Why that glitch is occurring only you can solve as none of us experience it. Same with your vol icon. Personally I would start from scratch being certain no add-on is causing any of this and that your rips are accurate. I can't speak for your playercorefactory. I only know mine works perfectly. If you choose to go another route, you'll have to find someone familiar with that approach for you. Good luck.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2016-07-26, 18:50)brazen1 Wrote: We all have reasons for still needing an external player to fill the voids Kodi internal player cannot..... yet.
I still use a choice of players for menu support since I rip complete bdmv's to iso and Kodi does not support all menus at this time.
There are many titles that chapters skip out of sequence also. This is true for both internal and external players. One or the other usually solves this.
I know of no reason for the need to use MPCHC for 2D.mkv playback as movie78 stated. Your reasoning "MKVs are glitching" is independent to your hardware/software alone imo. We have no problems using Intel or Nvidia. Why that glitch is occurring only you can solve as none of us experience it. Same with your vol icon. Personally I would start from scratch being certain no add-on is causing any of this and that your rips are accurate. I can't speak for your playercorefactory. I only know mine works perfectly. If you choose to go another route, you'll have to find someone familiar with that approach for you. Good luck.

Installed jarvis and Playercorefactory works, just not in krypton, but I guess this isn't the place to discuss that. volume icon apparently was related to mute and I fixed that.

Unfortunately I guess I can't use the MVC Kodi version as I have no idea why it is doing the weird things it is doing. I can't believe its hardware as its "glitching" on both nvidia and intel. The files play fine in mpc with madvr in 3d so I can only assume it is something in this build although you said no one else seems to have this issue.
What's the display resolution you have set?
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
(2016-07-26, 22:12)timstephens24 Wrote: What's the display resolution you have set?

Gui is at 1920X1080 60hz and playing it switches to 1920x1080 23hz.
  • 93(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10