Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
Your playercorefactory is never going to work properly with this build for what you are trying to do.
I too like choosing (within the Kodi GUI context menu) the internal or external player for 2D or 3D playback.
Context menu selections are 2D, 3D, (both external player) or Video Player (the Kodi internal player).
These are via bat files directed from a proper playercorefactory.
For 3D using an external player, you must manually add a switch to globally switch stereoscopic ON.
I have done this using an add-on for the command and added it to Favorites in my menu.
I simply navigate to it and select it. Done.

I think what you don't understand is this:
Using this build and Nvidia, the global setting for stereoscopic is DISABLED when Kodi starts and ENABLED once you quit Kodi.
That's so that 2D titles don't switch the display into 3D.
Nvidia thinks any bdmv is 3D regardless if it's 2D or not.
This is the countermeasure.
Furthermore, SBS and TAB do not require stereoscopic be enabled since they are NOT bdmv causing Nvidia confusion.

This creates a problem for external players.
Since Kodi is open and running when the external player is called and opened, global stereoscopic is DISABLED.
If you are trying to play a 3D title using the external player, the display will not switch into 3D until you manually ENABLE stereoscopic.
This manual switch is what I added to my menu making ANY player selection, ANY file extension, and 2D or 3D choice of playback simplified.

This thread is for NUC's using Intel. I understand Nvidia discussion here is probably frowned on but hope it helps robl45 with his dilemma and understanding that Nvidia does indeed work very good as well as Intel using afedchin builds. Further details can be found in my guide. Good luck.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 21 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W

Messages In This Thread
What about xvYCC / x.v.Color - by ma9ick - 2016-04-15, 14:01
RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - by brazen1 - 2016-07-26, 16:44
June 30 download link broken? - by CooperCGN - 2016-08-02, 08:18
MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-09-18, 15:09
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by robsch - 2019-10-08, 17:41
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-10-13, 22:33
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10