• 95(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
I know this question may be a little off topic, but couldn't find a better thread.

I'm not a Windows user. Never have been. I'm wondering, with this custom build, if Windows functions still operate as expected? Primarily RDP. If Kodi is running and I use RDP to connect from another computer will I see the Kodi home menu or the Windows desktop? Or maybe nothing at all?

I often use screen sharing connections to setup new/updated skins since it takes a while. Prevents a lot of "How much longer" and "Aren't you done yet".Confused
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Yes, all Windows function operate.
You will see what ever window/app is in focus.
So, if your on the desktop, you see the desktop.
If Kodi is in focus, you see Kodi.
Playback as well.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2016-07-28, 22:12)brazen1 Wrote: Yes, all Windows function operate.
You will see what ever window/app is in focus.
So, if your on the desktop, you see the desktop.
If Kodi is in focus, you see Kodi.
Playback as well.

Wouldn't want to use RDP for playback. Just skin setup mostly. Thanks for the info.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
If you're looking to do maintenance and stuff on the box without killing the running kodi session on the TV you could always look into rdpwrap to. Obviously you couldn't update skins or anything like that while kodi was running, but you could do other things. https://github.com/stascorp/rdpwrap/releases
Main: Intel NUC DN2820FYKH with Intel Celeron N2830 CPU, Windows 10 Professional 64bit, Intel® HD Graphics driver-version 10.18.10.4338. Running afedchin's Windows MVC 3D test build.
Thanks, but it's unlikely that I would be doing anything else. The box would be set to boot directly into Kodi and wouldn't be used for anything else. It can be set to boot straight into Kodi right? Spent the last few days reading this thread and right now my brain is in info overload, but I'm pretty sure I saw something about being able to do this in windows.
Ya you just replace the shell value in the registry:

Key: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

Name: Shell

Type: REG_SZ

Value: C:\path\to\your\executable.exe
Main: Intel NUC DN2820FYKH with Intel Celeron N2830 CPU, Windows 10 Professional 64bit, Intel® HD Graphics driver-version 10.18.10.4338. Running afedchin's Windows MVC 3D test build.
You will still need to disconnect the remote session and I don't know how you can do that with kodi running. Otherwise you will need to enter password at the remote location to unlock windows.
Has the delay after refresh rate issue been solved yet?
Hello everyone,

I am about to setup my first Kodi player today, just waiting for Amazon to deliver. To be prepared I already started downloading all required stuff. As I read the newest build has some artwork cache problems but the link to the recommended build from 30/6 seems to be broken. Is there any other download site available? Any help appreciated, thanks!
I'm traveling and don't have access to my PC to upload and share my June 30 copy until Thursday; hoping someone can help out @CooperCGN or anyone who wants that build.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-08-02, 14:44)hdmkv Wrote: I'm traveling and don't have access to my PC to upload and share my June 30 copy until Thursday; hoping someone can help out @CooperCGN or anyone who wants that build.
Send him a PM with link...
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
Got it, thank you! :-)
Can someone share the link for the June 30 version? I want to test / use this version too. Any help appreciated, thanks!
(2016-08-02, 17:41)Timothee Wrote: Can someone share the link for the June 30 version? I want to test / use this version too. Any help appreciated, thanks!
PM send. Give a signal when you've got it?
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
Thanks for the super fast pm. I've got it Wink
  • 95(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10