• 97(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-08-10, 15:32)melhemk Wrote:
(2016-08-10, 13:42)hdmkv Wrote: Seeing a new build today labeled '3D-ffmpeg-fix' here. Wonder if this is @afedchin's new build or something different?

No, it is by da-anda, and looking at the commit message on Github ([BaseRenderer] Fix aspect for TAB/SBS with ffmpeg v3) I think it is not related to MVC.

Ah okay... @afedchin had mentioned his MVC patch wouldn't be accepted into ffmpeg mainline.

Woot has what looks to be a nice Skylake i3 on sale today.
Edit: Hmm, dual Display Ports... no HDMI. Odd.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Do all these new Kodi 17 alphas nerf the information given when bringing up Codec information during playback?
I am starting to notice a new issue now that I am actually watching my movies instead of messing around with drivers and builds (lol?). On some movies, the BD ISO and/or MKV MVC freezes and will not play further than a certain point. Yet however if I play the same file from the same hard drive on my KD-Links A300 aka Hi Media Q10, the video is fine. I also tried playing the ISO in 2D via MPC and its fine. The 2 movies I have had issues with are Pacific Rim and Angry Birds. In Angry Birds I also get artifacts as if the video is corrupt frequently, but the complete stop happens at 1:23:19 (hh:mmConfuseds). I even got a different rip and same issue. I cant remember where Pacific Rim does it, but the time frame is around that same playback time. For a whole day I thought I was getting corrupt movies. Even the non 3D builds Kodi stops the video. Zootopia presented artifacts so bad I never even watched it. Kinda set me back with my wife when she tried to watch it after all the time and money I have spent on my "3D project" lol.
I have the artifacts thing happening with Kung Fu Panda 3, but only with the 3D Kodi build and only when watching in 3D.

Also I'm still not sure whether it's my equipment or a general problem. When I start 3D playback usually (not always) things are fine but after a pause it often gets messed up with the left/right detection. Skipping forward backward sometimes helps, sometimes it doesn't and if I skip too often the audio even gets out of sync. All files are mkv with the right flags set. I'm not sure if it has something to do with my TV which does passive 3D and/or having my Yamaha AVR in between.
(2016-08-11, 09:06)CooperCGN Wrote: I have the artifacts thing happening with Kung Fu Panda 3, but only with the 3D Kodi build and only when watching in 3D.

Also I'm still not sure whether it's my equipment or a general problem. When I start 3D playback usually (not always) things are fine but after a pause it often gets messed up with the left/right detection. Skipping forward backward sometimes helps, sometimes it doesn't and if I skip too often the audio even gets out of sync. All files are mkv with the right flags set. I'm not sure if it has something to do with my TV which does passive 3D and/or having my Yamaha AVR in between.

I run into that as well. It seems to be a thing with Skylake, or so it seems. What setup do you have? A fix for the left right issue is add a Nvidia card if you are running a whole system. I use to have one but my GTX 780 died a few weeks ago and now I don't know if its a hardware issue or a Kodi issue. I think its a Kodi issue but I am hoping for more results. I do not have Kung Fu Panda 3, so I will see if I can get it to see if I can replicate the same issue, since we have it on our boxes with some of our movies.
Adding a Nvidia is no option, I'm running a Intel NUC 5i5 (Rock Canyon CPU so no specific Skylake problem) which is even recommended in the op and have all the suggested drivers installed.
Are there No 3D support for subtitles??
No issues with KF3 3D or other titles... I have a D34010WYK NUC, using June 30 MVC build. Sounds like a graphics driver issue, which can be tricky to resolve as sometimes a newer beta or an older driver may work better. For NUC 5i5, user @wppoulos reported MVC working well w/the driver version # I have in the spreadsheet in post #1, but that was a while ago. Hopefully others with NUC5i5RYH / NUC5i5RYK will comment for you, and those with Skylake for @flipmode009.

(2016-08-12, 20:53)jespermart Wrote: Are there No 3D support for subtitles??
3D subs are supported.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
There are No Problems playing my 3d movies in 3d, but the subtitles Are not in 3d they Are in 2d.
(2016-08-13, 01:42)jespermart Wrote: There are No Problems playing my 3d movies in 3d, but the subtitles Are not in 3d they Are in 2d.
Most subtitles on a 3D movie are displayed as 2D, in front of the 3D picture. Maybe you could be more specific with what you're trying to say, describe what you see that isn't right?
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
This is how 3D subtitles schould look like when you watch the picture without glasses

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Au1vbZ-Murc2hMpB9H00sOQQGCJILA
(2016-08-13, 03:13)jespermart Wrote: This is how 3D subtitles schould look like when you watch the picture without glasses

Did you set the subtitle depth to 5 like the guides say to do? (Its in language settings I think)
(2016-08-13, 03:13)jespermart Wrote: This is how 3D subtitles schould look like when you watch the picture without glasses

That's how its looks on my tv (passive Full HD 3D), with the 30 June build. Sometimes, with glasses off, the subs are displayed very short in 2D but with glasses on you don't notice it at all. Maybe, on a active 3D TV, it looks different?
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
Isn't there a setting for subtitle 3D depth, I think you have to switch settings to advanced mode.
(2016-08-13, 13:46)CooperCGN Wrote: Isn't there a setting for subtitle 3D depth, I think you have to switch settings to advanced mode.

I use expert mode but your right, the setting has to be in advanced or expert to show. I have active and after setting it to 5, which is the most natural view angle in 3D, it looks like the picture, partially distorted in 2D without glasses on.
  • 97(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10