• 98(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-08-10, 20:04)Charger Hellcat Wrote: Do all these new Kodi 17 alphas nerf the information given when bringing up Codec information during playback?

The educated user that understood the former values knows that he can bring up the technical stuff with "PlayerDebug" e.g. kodi-send -a PlayerDebug while the new user related options are there via playerprocessinfo
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-08-13, 06:38)flipmode009 Wrote:
(2016-08-13, 03:13)jespermart Wrote: This is how 3D subtitles schould look like when you watch the picture without glasses

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Au1vbZ-Murc2hMpB9H00sOQQGCJILA

Did you set the subtitle depth to 5 like the guides say to do? (Its in language settings I think)

There Are No subtitles depth in kodi only the depth of the skin and it's on standard depth 5

The
Settings -> Player -> Language -> stereoscopic 3D depth of subtitles
(2016-08-14, 15:18)CooperCGN Wrote: Settings -> Player -> Language -> stereoscopic 3D depth of subtitles

It seems that 3D subtitles are broken in the july build they are displayed correctly in the build from 30 june
(2016-08-11, 09:06)CooperCGN Wrote: I have the artifacts thing happening with Kung Fu Panda 3, but only with the 3D Kodi build and only when watching in 3D.

Also I'm still not sure whether it's my equipment or a general problem. When I start 3D playback usually (not always) things are fine but after a pause it often gets messed up with the left/right detection. Skipping forward backward sometimes helps, sometimes it doesn't and if I skip too often the audio even gets out of sync. All files are mkv with the right flags set. I'm not sure if it has something to do with my TV which does passive 3D and/or having my Yamaha AVR in between.

I have this problem for several weeks but only with some movies not with all (Intel NUC 5i3, Kodi MVC-Build from 30th of June). What didn't help:
- going back to older Kodi builds, even those from April
- going back to the recommended Intel-Driver Version .4424
- turning the 3D-Glasses off and on, sync them
- turning off frame interpolation on my Sony projector

What helps during watching:
- while playing, turning off 3D mode and turning it back on after a few seconds
- sometimes it's necessary to repeat the above 2-3 times

Then with "Batman v Superman" this video distortion happend from the beginning of the movie. I got it right, like described, but in the middle of the movie, video stuttered and the 3D distortion was back.

So I got the idea, the problem might be the file itself (all my files are MKVs). I created an ISO image of the Bluray and it plays well from the beginning. Even skipping worked. But I have to admit that I didn't watch the whole movie again.
I had the problem with folders (BD structure) too, tried ripping Gravity again and the results were the same. It's like left and right are not synced properly, quite annoying if you have to skip back and forth until it works and if you need to pause it happens all over again. As I wrote before, sometimes it's ok right from the beginning but you better not skip or pause.
Hopefully @afedchin is checking this thread to address the MVC MKV and BD folder playback issue. I'm still on June 30 as TrueHD/ATMOS is broken in latest (issue w/master at the time; don't know if still there), but seems 3D subs are broken as well (not being displayed in 3D).
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Don't know where to put this...so I'll put this here:
Original news can be found here (in Polish I'm afraid). I've read this here (in Polish I'm afraid). But original is from here (thanks _Spook_ for the tip)
No, the original is here:

http://www.fanlesstech.com/2016/07/exclu...e-nuc.html

This will be availible Q1-17. Most likely end january, start february.
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
Didn't know that they took it from there - thanks for clarification Smile. Anyway I think it's great to get some info about new NUC's.
Yeah, I will be getting a couple of these for testing. Hopefully it has HDMI 2.0a also so we can have HDR on the NUC at some point Smile
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
HDR inclusion per this for Kaby Lake, so if true I'd expect for Apollo Lake as well.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-08-17, 23:42)_Spook_ Wrote: Yeah, I will be getting a couple of these for testing. Hopefully, it has HDMI 2.0a also so we can have HDR on the NUC at some point Smile
Let me know if you need help testingWink
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
it's been a while since a new build. anyone if things are still in progress?
(2016-08-17, 16:19)frmudj Wrote: [quote='CooperCGN' pid='2391691' dateline='1470899179']
What helps during watching:
- while playing, turning off 3D mode and turning it back on after a few seconds
- sometimes it's necessary to repeat the above 2-3 times

Then with "Batman v Superman" this video distortion happend from the beginning of the movie. I got it right, like described, but in the middle of the movie, video stuttered and the 3D distortion was back.

So I got the idea, the problem might be the file itself (all my files are MKVs). I created an ISO image of the Bluray and it plays well from the beginning. Even skipping worked. But I have to admit that I didn't watch the whole movie again.

This does nothing for me unfortunately. Also, I tried ISO and MKV with remuxing and MakeMKV and back to ISO, does not change. Either you got lucky or I'm not doing it right. I re-aquired some of the files even from different sources (original rip not download source) and no change. It seems to be movie specific with me. I even took a 3D commercial BD of Pacific Rim, converted it to ISO and its the same, stops part way through.
  • 98(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10