• 100(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
Your tablet has a Intel Atom Z3740. I am not sure Baytrail supports HD audio passthough, if so only specific devices do. It will do regular AC3 and DTS for sure, but not DTS-HD or DolbyTrue. Unless you have a very good sound system, it probably will not effect you that much.
ok, from what i found out the problem NUC (Intel HD graphics) users have seems to be driver related. I tried a few other programs like powerdvd and windvd pro and they have exact the same problems with the image sometimes being correct, sometimes looking distorted, even when playing retail 3D BDs.

In this thread on the Intel forums they acknowledge the problem and a fix seems to be on the way for q4/2016
https://communities.intel.com/thread/76605 see last page.
@ flipmode009

No Hi res audio pass through....but multich. PCM.That's it!
Any chance for 3d iso blue ray playback??
Tried with some hybrid content Br[2D+3D samples]....no 3d...only 2d playback.
Any ideas?

N
I have a Minix Z64 Neo, its essentially the same thing, and I have no issue getting 3D to work. Just make sure you enabled 3D on the display settings in windows. Also run the Intel Driver Update tool from their website. It may be that a tablet has something physically different with the HDMI port than a Baytrail based device so not sure. Make sure you follow the guide on page 1 exactly as it shows.
(2016-08-27, 12:39)CooperCGN Wrote: ok, from what i found out the problem NUC (Intel HD graphics) users have seems to be driver related. I tried a few other programs like powerdvd and windvd pro and they have exact the same problems with the image sometimes being correct, sometimes looking distorted, even when playing retail 3D BDs.

In this thread on the Intel forums they acknowledge the problem and a fix seems to be on the way for q4/2016
https://communities.intel.com/thread/76605 see last page.

Nice find dude, glad that is cleared up! It's also effecting desktop Skylake CPU too, but I think its worse!
Why is there no further update/build of Kodi with 3D support available?
(2016-08-28, 03:08)flipmode009 Wrote: Nice find dude, glad that is cleared up! It's also effecting desktop Skylake CPU too, but I think its worse!

Thanks! Another thing I found although in a completely different meaning: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=...ost1773940
It's about the decoding of the mvc stream and that it gets corrupted from the intel hardware acceleration. Actually he's talking about artifacts in the 20th Century Fox intro and I have exactly the same happening with Kodi 3D. Now I wonder is there a way to turn that HW acceleration off?

(2016-08-29, 08:52)Caramba69 Wrote: Why is there no further update/build of Kodi with 3D support available?

I really wish for a new build too... the 6/30 works but I sometimes have it crash the system (which is not the fault of the 3D thing but of the build in general). Right now I'm using this as a portable build in addition to my regular v17 beta install. I really appreciate the work done but in the end I want one seamless working installation.
FYI The Jungle Book 3D is right-eye first.
(2016-08-29, 08:52)Caramba69 Wrote: Why is there no further update/build of Kodi with 3D support available?

I may have misunderstood the original 3D thread as to what happened, but I think the guy that actually worked on the official MVC portion of Kodi had a nasty dispute with the developers and they parted ways and its not actually being worked on. That being said, I think the MVC part is actually completely functional and someone is just taking that fork and merging it into the latest builds. The issues we are experiencing now seem to be Intel/Driver and Kodi main alpha issues, not the actual 3D is the problem (other than the left/right eye detection issue). Am I misunderstanding that? Hopefully someone who has the official inside info can comment? Thanks.
(2016-08-30, 02:53)flipmode009 Wrote:

I may have misunderstood the original 3D thread as to what happened, but I think the guy that actually worked on the official MVC portion of Kodi had a nasty dispute with the developers and they parted ways and its not actually being worked on. That being said, I think the MVC part is actually completely functional and someone is just taking that fork and merging it into the latest builds. The issues we are experiencing now seem to be Intel/Driver and Kodi main alpha issues, not the actual 3D is the problem (other than the left/right eye detection issue). Am I misunderstanding that? Hopefully someone who has the official inside info can comment? Thanks.

not quite: the sole developer had issues with users in the forum while trying to debug early issues; it's not worth debating who was wrong or right or whatever. since then the dev has been occasionally updating the WIP, thought it's been a little while since the last update. he's still active in Kodi development as I have seen his pull-request comments and commits; who knows what he's doing with his WIP branch. we're hopeful he's still continuing to update with kodi 17

the intel WIP from an MVC perspective is pretty rock solid at this point. at least the june 30 build
God I hate Windows.....
For some f*cking reasons, Windows keeps updating my Display drivers which gives me a blurry picture.
Anyone knows which options need to be turned off so it will stop doing it?
I can't take it anymore...
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2016-08-30, 09:21)ArieS Wrote: God I hate Windows.....
For some f*cking reasons, Windows keeps updating my Display drivers which gives me a blurry picture.

DId you stop the Windows Update Service?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

(2016-08-30, 09:21)ArieS Wrote: For some f*cking reasons, Windows keeps updating my Display drivers which gives me a blurry picture.

Which driver version are you using, that doesn't give a blurry picture?
(2016-08-30, 09:21)ArieS Wrote: God I hate Windows.....

+100
I set mine to metered connection so windows stops updating even though I use a wired LAN, Seems to work. Microsoft is no doubt working around this as we speak.
(2016-08-29, 17:18)Charger Hellcat Wrote: FYI The Jungle Book 3D is right-eye first.
Are you sure? I have the movie and I didn't have to flip the eyes. Plus it's Disney so they are always left-eye first.
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
  • 100(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10