• 102(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-09-02, 21:53)Kart0 Wrote: Thanks for the reply chap Smile I have a feeling Intel just don't have a clue so are trying to fob me off.. I might try openelec just to disprove their theory it's my amp causing the issue...!
Then you should just install LibreELEC on a flash drive as I did.
So you can test the audio on it without messing up your Windows install.
It literally takes less than 5 mins to install.
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2016-09-02, 21:36)movie78 Wrote: The only issue i know that doesn't work on the NUC5i3RYH are DTSHD and TRUEHD in Windows,but everything works on OpenElec.

Is the 5i5RYH that different? I have DTS-HD and True HD working without problems. Make sure you have the WASAPI driver selected in both Kodi audio settings and then turn on the different codecs for passthrough.
Thanks guys! Maybe it is my amp, installed libreELEC, Didn't have wasapi settings like on win 10 so set it to 'ALSA: HDA Intel, ONK TX-SR508 on HDMI #0, enabled passthrough, enabled all Dolby settings, played Baraka which is DTS and still just 2.1 via my NUC Sad

I'm guessing therein that maybae my amp has just gone if both win 10 and libre ELEC have same issue..
@ArieS: I got an issue with MVC playback on my NUC running LibreElec. Maybe you can help out? I was doing research already but it seems I am still doing something wrong... See my thread here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=289065
Looks like CooperCGN gave you all the answers in the other thread.
Unfortunately, no MVC with LibreELEC Sad
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
Wow I did not see this thread. One of my goals is to create the ultimate 3D system I am working on a dual projection setup. The hardest part seems to find a affordable device the will split the image to 2 different projectors.

Left eye to one projector and right eye to another.

Would this be possible with this unit? or a way to do it. Thanks.
I was going through the spreadsheet on the first page and noticed Ivy Bridge processors were generally not recommended for 3D MVC kodi but also noticed the i3-3225 (which is an Ivy Bridge generation CPU) based DIY HTPC being tested and recommended. I have an Acer RL80-UR22 with a i3-3227 processor, 8GB RAM and SSD and wondering where it might fall - recommended or not?

I understand the Ivy bridge processors suffered from the 23.97hz bug but I can live with that.

Would appreciate thoughts/feedback.
-Topper
(2016-09-08, 19:29)topperdude Wrote: I was going through the spreadsheet on the first page and noticed Ivy Bridge processors were generally not recommended for 3D MVC kodi but also noticed the i3-3225 (which is an Ivy Bridge generation CPU) based DIY HTPC being tested and recommended. I have an Acer RL80-UR22 with a i3-3227 processor, 8GB RAM and SSD and wondering where it might fall - recommended or not?

I understand the Ivy bridge processors suffered from the 23.97hz bug but I can live with that.

Would appreciate thoughts/feedback.
-Topper

Since you already have the hardware I would suggest that you install the Windows 10 with all the required drivers then install the MVC build,now if you were going to buy it, that is another story.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Used a 3rd Generation i3 Processor for years in my major HTPC and that had the same Intel HD 4000 Graphics chip. Watched 3D (with Total MediaTheatre as external player), without any problems. The 24p bug is there but not really an issue. You have the Acer already so you have nothing to lose.
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
Add Warcraft to the list of movies that randomly quits on the Windows build of Kodi MVC. It stops just after the final fight scene. Even forcing the timeline to after the "break" in the video does not work. Plays fine in PowerDVD 16 and RPi2 LibreELEC MVC build. This is most defiantly an Intel/Windows build issue now that I got my RPi2 running to compare. But I can't stand PCM audio on my Audiophile grade HT. No it is absolutly not the same audio quality or even close for that matter. Plus the RPi2 has mediocre video quality, at least on a 100" screen on my Epison 5030 (THX Reference). Probably on a cheaper 3D projector you do not see the difference as much. I can still use my KDLinks A300 but forced subtitles don't work and that sucks. Please another build would be great, as the broken part is neither in Kodi Master build or the MVC portion. It is in the MVC branch of FFMPEG that is forked into the build. Perhaps whoever is making that fork of FFMPEG has made an update since May? (I understand thats the last update to that, the rest is just integration with Kodi Alpha's)
To all Intel users. I just got a reply from Intel, there's a new driver out. I immediately installed it and it seems the problems are gone. Tried different movies, skipping forward, backward, etc. and 3D was flawless all the time. No broken mirror like images anymore, just watching The Martian and it looks absolutely gorgeous.

Download it here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...-8-1-15-40-

Now all I wish for would be a new build so that i can dismiss the double Kodi install. Please, please, please....
(Damn, if I only knew more about coding - all I ever learned was some Basic on the C64)
(2016-09-13, 17:19)CooperCGN Wrote: To all Intel users. I just got a reply from Intel, there's a new driver out. I immediately installed it and it seems the problems are gone. Tried different movies, skipping forward, backward, etc. and 3D was flawless all the time. No broken mirror like images anymore, just watching The Martian and it looks absolutely gorgeous.

Download it here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...-8-1-15-40-

Now all I wish for would be a new build so that i can dismiss the double Kodi install. Please, please, please....
(Damn, if I only knew more about coding - all I ever learned was some Basic on the C64)

@CooperCGN

Nice find, can you please add your Hardware to your signature, since there are so many difference Intel NUC Hardware.

+1
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
And there I was about to give up and get a Pi3.......

When krypton goes final that's surely the time to get a build no? (I use MySQL shared library so want everything in sync!).

That driver only for 5th and 6th gen processors?
@CooperCGN, updated spreadsheet in post #1 with link to the Intel driver page you provided. I'm not certain if I marked all the right NUC/CPU/graphics options, so would be good for others to verify.

(2016-09-13, 18:18)Nelbert Wrote: When krypton goes final that's surely the time to get a build no? (I use MySQL shared library so want everything in sync!).
Hope there's a MVC build before that. I'm still on June 30 build, as one after that has TrueHD/ATMOS problems stemming from master (not sure if it's still an issue), and auto flip-eyes wasn't working properly, plus incompatibility with updated versions of certain skins.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
This new driver doesnt appear to work for the Intel NUC DN2820FYKH.Getting error message when i try to force install "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software".
  • 102(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10