• 103(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-09-13, 23:54)macca777 Wrote: This new driver doesnt appear to work for the Intel NUC DN2820FYKH.Getting error message when i try to force install "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software".
"This download is valid for the product(s) listed below."

And there is no....., correct Wink
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
(2016-09-13, 23:58)p750mmx Wrote:
(2016-09-13, 23:54)macca777 Wrote: This new driver doesnt appear to work for the Intel NUC DN2820FYKH.Getting error message when i try to force install "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software".
"This download is valid for the product(s) listed below."

And there is no....., correct Wink
Thanks for the clarification Wink
(2016-09-13, 17:19)CooperCGN Wrote: To all Intel users. I just got a reply from Intel, there's a new driver out. I immediately installed it and it seems the problems are gone. Tried different movies, skipping forward, backward, etc. and 3D was flawless all the time. No broken mirror like images anymore, just watching The Martian and it looks absolutely gorgeous.

Download it here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...-8-1-15-40-

Now all I wish for would be a new build so that i can dismiss the double Kodi install. Please, please, please....
(Damn, if I only knew more about coding - all I ever learned was some Basic on the C64)

Not quite fixed...

I have an Intel NUC5i5RYH (Intel Core i5-5250U, Intel HD Graphics 6000). Though this new Graphics Driver is supposed to work with my Intel NUC, the 3D Playback is now slightly choppy, but the 3D image finally displays correctly. When I went back to the 6/1/2016 Graphics Driver the choppy playback disappeared. This update must be a Beta-Graphics Driver and is not showing up on the Intel Driver Update Installation app. I'll have to wait longer until they fix the update for all of their processors/computers.
NUC: NUC5i5RYH (Intel Core i5-5250U, Intel HD Graphics 6000)
RAM: 16 GB Crucial DDR3-1600
SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 SSD
Display: LG 65EF9500 OLED
AVR: Pioneer Elite SC-99
Hi!

Has a build of Kodi Krypton whith 3D MVC Playback For Linux?

Thanks!
For Linux, use latest LibreELEC build on RPi2 or 3. Not available on Intel as they haven't made any MVC Linux driver available.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
If any of you guys are able to add a video card into your build, get a nvida GT 730. It does not have 3D issues and the depth seems better, at least on my setup. I wish however for a build of Kodi that does not force end certain movies though. As I stated earlier, its a Windows build of Kodi, the RPi builds are fine.
(2016-09-14, 00:07)ppoulos Wrote: Not quite fixed...

I have an Intel NUC5i5RYH (Intel Core i5-5250U, Intel HD Graphics 6000). Though this new Graphics Driver is supposed to work with my Intel NUC, the 3D Playback is now slightly choppy, but the 3D image finally displays correctly. When I went back to the 6/1/2016 Graphics Driver the choppy playback disappeared. This update must be a Beta-Graphics Driver and is not showing up on the Intel Driver Update Installation app. I'll have to wait longer until they fix the update for all of their processors/computers.

Weird, same hardware here and it works perfectly. Video takes a second or two in the beginning to buffer and then it plays flawlessly. Watched Kung Fu Panda 3 and some The Martian. FWIW I have DXVA2 hardware acceleration turned off in the player settings.
Intel NUC5i5RYH
(2016-09-14, 00:07)ppoulos Wrote:
(2016-09-13, 17:19)CooperCGN Wrote: To all Intel users. I just got a reply from Intel, there's a new driver out. I immediately installed it and it seems the problems are gone. Tried different movies, skipping forward, backward, etc. and 3D was flawless all the time. No broken mirror like images anymore, just watching The Martian and it looks absolutely gorgeous.

Download it here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...-8-1-15-40-

Now all I wish for would be a new build so that i can dismiss the double Kodi install. Please, please, please....
(Damn, if I only knew more about coding - all I ever learned was some Basic on the C64)

Not quite fixed...

My display (Oled 55EF950) doesn't auto switch to 3D with this driver version. I see you have the same (but bigger) display so does it auto switch to 3D when starting a 3D movie or must you press the 3D button on the remote? I revered back to the previous driver I guess, auto 3D switching was working with that. Also no problems playing 3D movies with the previous driver, and that includes the BR (no rip) version of Warcraft. All in all the new driver brings me nothing regarding 3D displaying that I've noticed.

The only thing I really notice, but that was with previous builds of this special Kodi MVC version already the case and has nothing to do with this driver version, is a small line in the bottom of my display that isn't as it should be, on full screen that is. But one hardly can notice it when not pointing it out.
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
(2016-09-14, 01:40)hdmkv Wrote: For Linux, use latest LibreELEC build on RPi2 or 3. Not available on Intel as they haven't made any MVC Linux driver available.

Thanks hdmkv!

I have Kodi in Intel NUC whith Linux. A pity driver are not available for linux Intel.

I have a RPi3 too, i probe it.
(2016-09-14, 08:06)CooperCGN Wrote: Weird, same hardware here and it works perfectly. Video takes a second or two in the beginning to buffer and then it plays flawlessly. Watched Kung Fu Panda 3 and some The Martian. FWIW I have DXVA2 hardware acceleration turned off in the player settings.

Well, thank you for the reply and suggestions... I turned off the DXVA2 Hardware Acceleration in the player settings and then watched a 3D Movie long enough to allow buffering to occur and the choppiness almost disappeared. For the most part it was gone, but on smooth pan and scanning scenes the choppiness is still present. Allowing time for the video buffer to fill solves some of the problems in smooth scanning, but not all. I will report this problem also back to Intel on their forum. I think they still need some fine tuning of their new firmware. And turning on or off Hardware Video Acceleration made no difference in the problem.
(2016-09-14, 15:18)p750mmx Wrote: My display (Oled 55EF950) doesn't auto switch to 3D with this driver version. I see you have the same (but bigger) display so does it auto switch to 3D when starting a 3D movie or must you press the 3D button on the remote? I revered back to the previous driver I guess, auto 3D switching was working with that. Also no problems playing 3D movies with the previous driver, and that includes the BR (no rip) version of Warcraft. All in all the new driver brings me nothing regarding 3D displaying that I've noticed.

The only thing I really notice, but that was with previous builds of this special Kodi MVC version already the case and has nothing to do with this driver version, is a small line in the bottom of my display that isn't as it should be, on full screen that is. But one hardly can notice it when not pointing it out.

On my LG 65EF9500 the 3D picture is automatically triggered by the new NUC Graphics Driver under the Kodi 3D MVC June 30th build - I do not have to manually turn 3D on or off. The LG turns on and off 3D as expected. There must be something different in your 3D MVC build or NUC hardware stopping the 3D auto switch.
(2016-09-15, 21:09)ppoulos Wrote:
(2016-09-14, 15:18)p750mmx Wrote: My display (Oled 55EF950) doesn't auto switch to 3D with this driver version. I see you have the same (but bigger) display so does it auto switch to 3D when starting a 3D movie or must you press the 3D button on the remote? I revered back to the previous driver I guess, auto 3D switching was working with that. Also no problems playing 3D movies with the previous driver, and that includes the BR (no rip) version of Warcraft. All in all the new driver brings me nothing regarding 3D displaying that I've noticed.

On my LG 65EF9500 the 3D picture is automatically triggered by the new NUC Graphics Driver under the Kodi 3D MVC June 30th build - I do not have to manually turn 3D on or off. The LG turns on and off 3D as expected. There must be something different in your 3D MVC build or NUC hardware stopping the 3D auto switch.
OK, thank you for clearing that. I just replaced the driver, and changed no further settings inside or outside Kodi.

Something else, regarding the Oled you have. Nu picture smoothing or other settings active within the LG menu?
(2016-09-16, 01:21)p750mmx Wrote: OK, thank you for clearing that. I just replaced the driver, and changed no further settings inside or outside Kodi.

Something else, regarding the Oled you have. Nu picture smoothing or other settings active within the LG menu?

If I understand your question, you are asking what Picture Smoothing settings I use on my OLED Display. I had my display professionally calibrated and set. But short of that the best place to get recommended settings for your LG EF559500 is the LG 55EF9500 and 65EF9500 OLED Owners Thread on the AVS Forum. That discussion is lengthy, but there are several setting summaries that you can use to set up your display.
(2016-09-16, 03:12)ppoulos Wrote:
(2016-09-16, 01:21)p750mmx Wrote: OK, thank you for clearing that. I just replaced the driver, and changed no further settings inside or outside Kodi.

If I understand your question, you are asking what Picture Smoothing settings I use on my OLED Display. I had my display professionally calibrated and set. But short of that the best place to get recommended settings for your LG EF559500 is the LG 55EF9500 and 65EF9500 OLED Owners Thread on the AVS Forum. That discussion is lengthy, but there are several setting summaries that you can use to set up your display.
No no, I only want to know if you have any settings active like Real Cinema and/or Trumotion.
(2016-09-16, 15:03)p750mmx Wrote: No no, I only want to know if you have any settings active like Real Cinema and/or Trumotion.

I have Real Cinema turned off (except when viewing my DirecTV DVR which is 1080i resolution). Trumotion is set to USER with a De-Judder setting of 2, and a De-Blur setting of 9.
  • 103(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10